FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Redesigning Site - Suggestions?

inoshi
Hi Everybody,

I want to have my site designed, and in the end I want to be able to make basic modifications myself.

I'm using iWeb now and want to do something more like this: http://thepublicschool.org/ (I've been told that this is in Drupal).

Primary Goal: to improve calendar listing display of events on weekly then monthly basis.

Secondarily: and take payment for events, add user logins, collect RSVPs and be able to display (and eventually take orders or sell) items that I've manufactured. I might want to add a blog, but that's not as important as improving the message of and depth of the message of the site.

Do you have any referrals to folks or suggestions that can assist me in an affordable options?

All for Now,

Inoshi
geekbackpacker
can u make homepage shorter?
zimmer
Yup. confirmed its drupal - http://thepublicschool.org/

Try Joomla 3.x version or Wordpress - Actually that depends on your needs.
Marcuzzo
@Inoshi: drupal has an entire community building libraries and other modules that you can use.
most of the stuff you need is already there.
the hardest part will be designing and creating the theme for drupal but you can find plenty of info on google.

geekbackpacker wrote:
can u make homepage shorter?

@geekbackpacker: Seriously, nobody understands your posts, if you are having trouble with the language, try writing down more words so we can at least try to understand what you are saying.