FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ho are the Syrian rebels/fighters

zaxacongrejo
Ho are the Syrian rebels/fighters.

Could it be they are terrorists or lead by? Or are them civilian and ex army Syrians?
For the last 2 years the war in Syria caused thousands of victims but bashar al assad
Remains in power, in the last week the USA announce their pubic support to the Syrian “rebels” they will start to support them with guns and intel, which in my opinion will change drastically the way things are now ,because with good and bigger guns and CIA intel things will tend to improve to the “rebels” side, but now someone just told me online, that the Syrian people as stopped to support those rebels because they aren’t only Syrian civilian and ex military personnel , but instead around 40% or more of them are jihadists’ and Salafis that want to radicalize the situation and they come from Palestine and hymen other countries were they are trained to fight against the bashar al assad army.
One thing e never listen no one mention is about the Syrian Christians where are them in this religious equation?

watched at sic noticias tv
deanhills
Interesting subject Zaxa. One morning very early in the town I live in in the UAE (probably about four weeks ago), I hitched a ride with a Christian Syrian, and at 5:00 a.m. learned so much from someone completely on the other side of the spectrum in Syria. I'm used to Muslim Syrians. And most of them are outspokenly against Assad. This Christian however was completely for Assad. He suggested that there were very safe areas in Syria, particularly in Damascus, and locals knew where they were, however that even those are being compromised by rebels and out and out criminals who are more intent on crime than really fighting for freedom. And that the rebels were/are very much inspired by vested interests who were using the rebels and any one they can arm to overthrow Assad, weaken and destroy Syria. That's of course completely in contrast with what we're being fed by the media.

To be honest, I'm presently completely skeptical of anything that is presented by the media and not only about Syria. I'm not saying I believe what I heard from this Christian. I'm just saying that nothing really is the way we think it is. We have to be there to check it out for ourselves. And even then there may be a good chance we'll be misled by one or the other party in whose interest it is to do so.

Even if Assad were as bad as they say he is, if he should be removed, it's going to be a classical enormous gap in civilized leadership. Assad is a very educated and refined person. Refer a short Bio of his below which very much tallies with what this Christian Syrian told me about him:
Quote:
Al-Assad graduated from the medical school of the University of Damascus in 1988, and started to work as a physician in the army. Four years later, he attended postgraduate studies at the Western Eye Hospital, in London, specializing in ophthalmology. In 1994, after his elder brother Bassel, the heir apparent to their father, was killed in a car crash, Bashar was hastily recalled to Syria to take over Bassel's role. He entered the military academy, and took charge of the Syrian occupation of Lebanon in 1998. In December 2000, Assad married Asma Assad, née Akhras. Al-Assad was elected as President of Syria in 2000 and 2007, unopposed each time.[2][3]

Initially seen by the domestic and international community as a potential reformer and gaining the nickname "The Hope", this expectation gave way to the events of the Syrian civil war.[4] The domestic Syrian opposition and large parts of the wider international community have subsequently called for al-Assad's resignation from power.

Source: Wikipedia
zaxacongrejo
hey hi.. the problem is Iran i think,israel needs Assad out so their planes can go to north Israel cross Syria cross Iraq enter Iran , bomb Nathans , fly back to Iraq cross Syria, enter Israel.
The problem is the timing, now is not safe to cross Syria but it’s safe to cross Iraq because Americans control the zone, but sooner Americans will leave Iraq and probably the new Iraq gov will tend to be friend with Iran to avoid invasion, so time is getting shorter, that’s why USA must "go" there and get rid of Assad
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
The problem is the timing, now is not safe to cross Syria but it’s safe to cross Iraq because Americans control the zone, but sooner Americans will leave Iraq and probably the new Iraq gov will tend to be friend with Iran to avoid invasion, so time is getting shorter, that’s why USA must "go" there and get rid of Assad
Totally agreed. And I've got a story on this one too. I was traveling Kenya Airways from Johannesburg via Nairobi to Dubai on Saturday/Sunday. So during the second leg of my trip met up with a Kenyan who was working on contract for the US Government in a Warehouse in Iraq and was flying via Dubai to Iraq. He is making great money and gets to visit his home base in Nairobi every second month. Air fares and everything are fully paid. I should have asked him about his job at the US Embassy in Nairobi, as that is where he got the opportunity to work on contract in Iraq. He worked for the US Embassy first. Things are deteriorating so much here in the UAE job wise, that certainly got me thinking a lot.

Agreed that the US is trying VERY hard to get rid of Assad. It is using the media as an all out frontal attack on Assad. No doubt about that.
mqmpakistani
It is true that Israel wishes the removal of Assad.

But it is not for attacking Iran through Syria. If Israel wishes, then Syrian radars could not detect Israeli war planes.

But Israel is not in position to attack Iran at it's own. Iran is a big country and heavily defended and Israel is in no position to destroy the Iranian atomic bases.

Only US has got the power to destroy the Nantanz Atomic Center.

Israel does not want the removal of Assad due to Iran, but due to the Hizbullah factor.