FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ideas for my avatar

twotrophy
After reaching 200 posts, I decided that I should get an avatar soon because most active users with a lot of posts have an avater. The problem is that I do not have an idea on the design of my avatar. I am willing to design my own avater even though I am not very good at designing. Does anyone in the Frihost community have an ideas for me?
Ankhanu
The main point of an avatar is to create a visual indicator for other users to associate with you and your content. With this in mind, I think an avatar should reflect some element of you; who you are, or who you want to be. With that in mind, only you can really have an idea of what aspect of you you want to convey Wink

Do you have any ideas at all? Some starting point could help us help you.
likeabreeze
Based on the fact that your username is twotrophy (man, why not 'twotrophies'?), just use two trophies as your avatar!
How about this one?

It looks great, doesn't it?
After all, to me, it doesn't matter if you have a avatar or not, a unique username is enough.
BTW, without a avatar, the loading time of your post pages are shorter than those of users with avatars.
And, it technically saves disk space for Frihost. Haha...
twotrophy
likeabreeze wrote:
Based on the fact that your username is twotrophy (man, why not 'twotrophies'?), just use two trophies as your avatar!
How about this one?

It looks great, doesn't it?
After all, to me, it doesn't matter if you have a avatar or not, a unique username is enough.
BTW, without a avatar, the loading time of your post pages are shorter than those of users with avatars.
And, it technically saves disk space for Frihost. Haha...

Thank you for your idea. This is the idea that I would consider the most. However, I still prefer designing an avatar on my own to make it more original. By the way, is it considered fair use or fair dealing to reproduce this image for my profile? If it is, then I would still consider using it as my profile picture.
deanhills
twotrophy wrote:
By the way, is it considered fair use or fair dealing to reproduce this image for my profile? If it is, then I would still consider using it as my profile picture.
I'm sure it will be OK. There are many ways to re-produce it too so it doesn't resemble the original photo. As per the examples at the site below:

http://funphotobox.com/?gclid=CLyAsLqa5bUCFcUt6wod-D0AiQ
likeabreeze
twotrophy wrote:
By the way, is it considered fair use or fair dealing to reproduce this image for my profile? If it is, then I would still consider using it as my profile picture.

Go ahead, man.
Deline
Why don't you do something with your name initials? It could be original and define you at the same time - since you're not so good about design.
standready
likeabreeze wrote:
just use two trophies as your avatar!

Deline wrote:
Why don't you do something with your name initials?

You could spin these two ideas above into one by putting each initial on each trophy.
deanhills
I found this trophy on the Web, thought it gave a different dimension to the "two" trophy.

twotrophy
I am still not very sure on what to have as my avatar. But I hope to get mine up by the end of this week. All suggestions are welcome.
deanhills
I'm looking forward to it. I'm quite curious what you are going to come up with. Took me a long time to find the one I have now, and I tend to go through phases too when I like to have a different avatar. Like wearing different clothes for different seasons and occasions.
twotrophy
I recognize your avatar. The penguin is Gary the Jetpack Guy from Club Penguin. I used to play Club Penguin when I was younger. It is one of the most successful Flash MMOGs ever. Unfortunately, I am unable to come up with an avatar in time. I do not know when I would come up with it as I do not even have any ideas on how to design it. Maybe I would finally design one in a few weeks or even a few months. Maybe I would just take an image from a virtual world that I know that allows the reproduction of its content and upload it as my avatar. But still, I am unsure of what to do.
deanhills
I'm sure you'll know what is the right Avatar or be inspired to create one when you are ready.
twotrophy
Maybe taking a screenshot of my Minecraft skin and cropping and/or resizing it using GIMP would be a possibility but I would still have to think about that.