FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Michael Moore says...

S3nd K3ys
Quote:
"I don't own a single share of stock!"

He's right. He doesn't own a single share.

He owns tens of thousands of shares including nearly 2,000 shares of Boeing, nearly 1,000 of Sonoco, more than 4,000 of Best Foods, more than 3,000 of Eli Lilly, more than 8,000 of Bank One and more than 2,000 of Halliburton, the company most vilified by Moore in "Fahrenheit 9/11".

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47174

FACT: Moore did more than any other single individual to re-elect George W. Bush.

He deserves the profits from his Halliburton stock. Laughing Laughing Laughing
SunburnedCactus
Oh, the controversy! Smile
shr3dd
goes to show ya folks...

I hope this gives people a wake up call.
S3nd K3ys
Wake up call? From what I've seen, most people aren't sleeping...

they're dead. Shocked
shaggly
Thanks for the info. I loved this snippet. I have to confess to being one of those people that absolutely hates Mr. Moore and his b/s lefty views.

Thanks for making my day Dancing
schudder
I believe you mean "central-right" views. If you wanna know what leftist views are, leave your continent Wink Seriously, there is no left wing in the US. (Well, there is, but it's very very very very small.)
soilgrain
Haha! It works!

Mozilla fire fox is bad. It always stuffs up.

Anyway, I think MM has some good ideals, i mean, i dont like bush alot.. but i think MM tries to solve the problem the wrong way.

Does anyone think Al Gore would have been a better President?
gonzo
schudder wrote:
I believe you mean "central-right" views.

No, that phrase is liberalese for weak-liberalism. There is "right" and "not-right". All degress of liberalism fall into the latter.
S3nd K3ys
gonzo wrote:
There is "right" and "not-right". All degress of liberalism fall into the latter.

LMAO!
gonzo
Cool
biga57
Although I might not agree with Mr. MM, I like his provocative style.

It might stimulate some brains to think (i.e. to work, not just stay idle and absorb news the way media present them to us) . Either one way or the opposite way , the important issue here is that MM stimulates something.
gonzo
biga57 wrote:
I like his provocative style.

You like lies, half truths, bad editing, and deceit? I wouldn't call that style. Why do you?

Quote:
It might stimulate some brains to think

It makes me think ill of him and those who allowed themselves to be duped into "thinking" any of his films are documentaries.

Quote:
important issue here is that MM stimulates something.

I could stimulate something by exsanguinating you. Would you like that? Razz
biga57
quote]I could stimulate something by exsanguinating you. Would you like that? Razz[/quote]

Are you a vampire ?? You might be an interesting subject to study !!

Well well well, that's why Mr. MM is so successful spreading his views. It is because there are people like you so intolerant and blind viewed like horses that make MM works so attractive by curiosity. Attraction of opposites ....

As I said I might not agree with his points of view. However sometimes knowing ahead your opposition's moves might help to plan a strategic defense or counter-attack.

It seems you hate him so much that your reaction triggers the " MM martyr effect " on the one who reads your lines...
gonzo
biga57 wrote:
that's why Mr. MM is so successful spreading his views

you haven't explained the above. Are you going to soon?

Quote:
people like you so intolerant

yes, I am very intolerant of evil. why aren't you?

Quote:
knowing ahead your opposition's moves

power, hedonism, self delusion perpetuation, selfishness

Quote:
It seems you hate him

I don't hate anyone. Do you?

So you DO think "lies, half truths, bad editing, and deceit" comprise style?
soilgrain
His movies are interesting. If you haven't watched them, dont comment on Micheal Moore's film techniques.
tidruG
gonzo wrote:
Quote:
people like you so intolerant
yes, I am very intolerant of evil. why aren't you?

Interesting. Michael Moore's movies can be decalred bullshit (by Republicans and MM-haters, of course), but to call them "evil"? Very interesting Smile

Oh wait, I think I know what's coming ....

"liberalism is evil", right? Wink
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:

Interesting. Michael Moore's movies can be decalred bullshit (by Republicans and MM-haters, of course), but to call them "evil"? Very interesting Smile

His own movie says it's bullshit. He tried to pass it off as a documentary, yet the beginning of the movie says it is only opinion and not to be taken as fact.

Oh, the irony...

Wink
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
tidruG wrote:

His own movie says it's bullshit. He tried to pass it off as a documentary, yet the beginning of the movie says it is only opinion and not to be taken as fact.

Oh, the irony...

Wink

Like I said somewhere before in this thread, I found it "interesting" (that word can be decipehered in a hundred ways, devilishly, lol) Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
tidruG wrote:

Oh, the irony...

Wink

Like I said somewhere before in this thread, I found it "interesting" (that word can be decipehered in a hundred ways, devilishly, lol) Very Happy

So why only repubs and MM haters? Why not LIEberals? Oh, I answered my own question... Very Happy