FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost clock problem

twotrophy
I've noticed that the clock on Frihost has a problem. It seems that the clock has been 5.5 hours slower than the actual time. I've checked to ensure that my time zone settings are okay before I posted this. It also seems that the time when points are converted into coins has been different. Has anyone been experiencing such problems? I understand that this problem has occurred to Frihost before and that it can be easily fixed by Bondings by adjusting the Frihost clock although it will mess up the records of the time when each post was made.
Qantas94Heavy
twotrophy wrote:
I've noticed that the clock on Frihost has a problem. It seems that the clock has been 5.5 hours slower than the actual time. I've checked to ensure that my time zone settings are okay before I posted this. It also seems that the time when points are converted into coins has been different. Has anyone been experiencing such problems? I understand that this problem has occurred to Frihost before and that it can be easily fixed by Bondings by adjusting the Frihost clock although it will mess up the records of the time when each post was made.

Hi, there has already been a topic about this before. http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-147131.html

I think that there might be some issue with the server itself, as this has occured repeatedly, even after Bondings fixing this multiple times. Confused Personally though, unless the time is really really screwed up, causing posts to get out of order, then it doesn't matter that much.
twotrophy
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
Hi, there has already been a topic about this before. http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-147131.html

A debate style argument to why a separate thread should be created:

The other topic is about a completely separate incident which happened months ago in January as seen from the dates above each posts. This problem has no connection to the problem in the other thread as it has been fixed a long time ago which can be seen from when Bondings replied stating that the problem has been fixed and is not caused by the reset which caused by the other problem.

Also, digging up old topics that are reasonably old is against the Frihost rules because it brings unnecessary topics into the top of the list of latest posts which could annoy users and moderators which I do not wish to do. Also, the last post was a few months ago in that thread which is reasonably old. Therefore, I think that it is better to create a new topic about this problem for the convinence of Frihost users as well as to highlight to the Frihost staff that that this is a separate problem.
Bondings
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
twotrophy wrote:

I think that there might be some issue with the server itself, as this has occured repeatedly, even after Bondings fixing this multiple times. Confused Personally though, unless the time is really really screwed up, causing posts to get out of order, then it doesn't matter that much.

It's unfortunately very screwed up, I think about 4-5 hours. It's because the hardware time sync with the physical clock fails and hence each reboot causes a time problem. And if the server reboots on its own (which seems to have happened yesterday), the time is out of sync until I notice it and fix it.
twotrophy
It seems that the clock is now fixed. Thank you Bondings for fixing it. Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do about it rather than to wait for you to manually reset the clock which is troublesome for you. Also, it seems that I have gained some extra coins probably caused by changing the time.