FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php mysql and site management tools

Ganesheeva
Hello Cool

Ok i'm new to this site designing process, but strongly^motived, so i checked interesting tools like PHPBB (for forums) and PHPNuke for siteboard management...

XML, or frontpage seems a bit paleontologic, compared to those free new tecchnologies...

What i need is just a validation of those datas and some suggestions about the best openstuff to design and manage a site...

(not talking bout photoshop or image work, i know there lot of themes coming along with php.... well so is php the really best thing happening to us since Frihost creation ?

Wink
ml
yes. here's your confirmation

+

olol Very Happy

btw: whats that avatar you have. i seen it once, but i dont remember where
Naif
Hey Smile

PHPNuke is a good and widely used content management system/software(CMS). I have had a good personal experience maintaining a site powered by it. There are more CM softwares available out there but I see no reason why not to use PHPNuke instead of them.

The best thing about PHPNuke is the amount of themes and custom addons available for it. You can incorporate an image gallery into it, a guestbook(if you dont want to use the phpBB forum which comes packaged with it), chat modules, games and much much more...

By the way, whats the purpose of your site going to be? Dare I ask?
Ganesheeva
ML, first let me rofl Razz that's exactly what was needed, even if it brings a new enlightenement to my personality i wasn't really aware of XD

(my avatar is the symbol of the Thundercats $! a anime serie broadcasted in my youth "Eye of Thundera !"...no it is not the Black Panthers tough Wink

Naif, Merci for all ur precisions i found very useful... i got thankfully my new account and te installation of the nukephp sheets is made easy by various useful tutorials i found... so i'm on the very first of it but my site will be about ..let's say "generalities"... have u ever been searching for a specific stuff for hours on the web ? my site's purpose is to make it accessible user friendly in one "must/go/trough" web space...coming along with forums, news blabla and a bright design Rolling Eyes check lovevolution.info or .frih.net, but let me time to set it up Smile... unless u would be inteested in participating the project, for$the$fame,faith and holy glory of JahJah, the lord or wathever Wink

(this offer will b subject to another post when i'll see clearly the different parts of the project, so i could see what kind of help and how profitable it would be)