FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Getting angry

raaeft1
Sometimes,it is important to show anger to make people come out of the rut and take decisive action. Anger is essential to shake off inertia or lack of will to follow a certain course of action. Progress takes place only when inertia is shaken off.
However, anger should not be too personal and it should subside soon like a wave.
Bluedoll
I meant a business person that had the same way of thinking as that. He was in construction and told me to in order to get people going and more productive he would get them angry. One of his best methods was to purposely give them spare time with nothing to do for a while so they would be standing around and then walk up to them and complain asking them if they were lazy or wanted the job. He said his method worked because they would never take breaks after that when they were not suppose to in fear of getting humiliated.

I did not agree with his methods and still do not agree with that kind of method. For one thing it does not work on everyone.
doublekk
raaeft1 wrote:
Sometimes,it is important to show anger to make people come out of the rut and take decisive action. Anger is essential to shake off inertia or lack of will to follow a certain course of action. Progress takes place only when inertia is shaken off.
However, anger should not be too personal and it should subside soon like a wave.

I don't think I quite agree. What you are talking about is willpower, and anger and willpower are quite different things. Taking an action when you are angry more often than not leads to more serious consequences. It is one thing to be angry and decide to do something, but you still need a cool head to manipulate whether or not the thing is actually worth doing. As long as you have the willpower and energy to do something, anger is not quite required for a decisive action, because anger doesn't necessary guarantee to shake off the lack of will.
But like you said, taking everything too personal and being angry about it can only bring harm.
Dharator
raaeft1 wrote:

Anger is not a skill, I can’t help wondering what people are hoping to accomplish. Yelling at people, put the fear on them – none of these are good tactics, nor are they effective, but Anger is also normal, and even healthy in small doses, but it is disruptive and threatening. You can’t control people by their emotions, but you have a responsibility to maintain a healthy atmosphere

You don’t get people to perform at their best when you spend your time getting angry at them. Fear is not a motivator. This behavior isn’t something that is learned but is a cause of something else. Insecurity, fear or mistrust.
Deline
That depends on what you wanna get from people. Sometimes when I get angry I get less productive and start to feel desmotivated...
jajarvin
raaeft1 wrote:
Progress takes place only when inertia is shaken off.

A lot of things require a certain perseverance in other words, a certain inertia.
For example, if you want to train a pilot, you need a lot of inertia,
and if this inertia are stripped away, you are probably never going to be a pilot.
deanhills
Anger is a subjective term and can be interpreted in many ways, but for me it always stands for loss of self-control. When I do get angry I know there is a large element of destruction in it, in terms of negative stress on myself in the first place, then the damage it does to the relationship with whoever is on the receiving end of my anger. Since I see it primarily as negative I always try to use different words to describe what I feel like venting pent up steam, or being irritated, or getting things off my chest, or sorting things out.
deanhills
Anger is a subjective term and can be interpreted in many ways, but for me it always stands for loss of self-control. When I do get angry I know there is a large element of destruction in it, in terms of negative stress on myself in the first place, then the damage it does to the relationship with whoever is on the receiving end of my anger. Since I see it primarily as negative I always try to use different words to describe what I feel like venting pent up steam, or being irritated, or getting things off my chest, or sorting things out.
grofet
Keep cool is the best. Showing anger should not makes people know that you are angry. You should manage the anger a best as you can so people around you will always like you because you can control your emotion.
raaeft1
grofet wrote:
Keep cool is the best. Showing anger should not makes people know that you are angry. You should manage the anger a best as you can so people around you will always like you because you can control your emotion.

I agree one must keep cool so far as possible but it is very difficult to do so.
Da Rossa
I believe anger shows more honesty of people. However, it is difficult to live with it, since it also turbines our impulsive actions. Many people are facing 15 year jail time just because of a snap.
bukaida
Anger is often an outburst of pain or frustration. It is quite natural for common human being (In Hindu religion, it is one of the five enemies(Ripu) which destroys a human). However, there are some people who easily gets angry than others and does some miserable thing and repents afterwards (like breaking a valuable item, injuring a person etc). Being angry and completely loosing control in effect, need psychological counseling.

Again I believe that two kinds of persons usually do not get angry-- A saint and a cold blooded murderer Smile
nickfyoung
There is a difference between healthy constructive anger and a complete brain snap where you loose it completely. When you are out of control you are just making a fool of yourself and doing damage to yourself and anyone in earshot. Anger at environmental issues has been the push for many conservation groups being established etc. so it can be constructive. Anger as a pure emotion out of control can only be destructive. I had a boss like that once. He smashed stuff on the floor and ripped phones off the wall and died of stomach cancer. I have no doubt that illness can be related to undue stress and to live with repetitive uncontrolled angry outburst much place stress on your body.
bukaida
There is a relation between anger and hate. Both are destructive and also can be the source of energy.This type of energy are often uncontrollable and produce undesirable result. So almost all the religion discourage them.
Da Rossa
I believe anger can be noble, because it may have a good foundation. However, it doesn't justify wrong deeds. Hate, on the other hand, is a way worse feeling: the hater may even act coldly, manipulatively to accomplish the wrong doing. It's even more dangerous than a angry hater, which it not thinking clearly.
BigGeek
As most of use have pointed out, anger by itself can be either good or bad. Expressing anger in a healthy way, venting frustrations verbally to a friend or colleague, getting angry and cleaning up the messy basement, these can be considered positive releases of anger.

Getting angry and smashing into a neighbors car, beating up another person, or worse are considered negative responses to anger.

I totally agree that being angry with and humiliating workers is not the best strategy for motivation or production, in my business a boss that treats employees that way, may end up with no employees, most will find other jobs and move on.

However motivating people with fear has gone a long way for organizations like the military. Yelling at trainees and telling them that if they don't learn to hustle and keep their heads low they could end up dead, goes a long way toward motivating people to perform. AND Yes it is stressful, but I guess no more so than getting shot at!!

A few years ago when on night shift, when things would get hectic or stressful, I would vent, verbally, and when the scene was calm let it go along with the rest of my colleagues, something men seem to do much better than women. Men can yell at each other during a stressful time, and shake hands forget about it and move on.....women hold grudges for extended periods of time.

My manager was a woman, and she kept telling me and the rest of the team that we had to attend anger management classes. I found the results of a 3 year study on anger which stated the people that experience anger, vent, let it out, and move on, live much healthier longer lives than those that do not express such feelings and suppress them. These folks tend to not to live as long and have more health issues, the consensus was that they can become ticking time bombs and are the types of people that snap, and "go postal". I emailed my manager the article, she never said anything about anger management courses again..... Laughing

I don't think anger is a good thing, but handling it well sure goes a long way in life.....literally!!!

Cool
playfungames
I am an angry kid. I mean, I used to get angry a lot. That was because I was having problems in life and now since those are over, I am quite cool indeed. I believe that anger is bad and being angry and screaming are what makes the experiences of life unpleasant.