FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hhow many of these can people solve?

homer09001
ok here the problems i got with my pc at the moment:

1) Media Player crashed entire PC to the point of hitting the reset button when i try to play a video?

2) McAfee wont install get so far then closes even McAfee Support are stumped

3) IE wont open certain PHP pages

4) IE closes when i try to print a webpage

theres more i just cant think of them any help would be appreciated
Evil Homer
Hmm, tried updating windows to the newest version??

Or put your anti virus in and restart, so that it can scan the computer for viruses and spyware before it boots Razz
mwm
homer09001 wrote:
ok here the problems i got with my pc at the moment:

1) Media Player crashed entire PC to the point of hitting the reset button when i try to play a video?

2) McAfee wont install get so far then closes even McAfee Support are stumped

3) IE wont open certain PHP pages

4) IE closes when i try to print a webpage

theres more i just cant think of them any help would be appreciated

1) http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/ArticleNews/tech/RTGAM/20020829/gtss2/Technology/techBN/

2) Do you have anti-virus software on the machine while trying to install Mcafee?

3) Windows updates (IE Specifically)

4) Mucked up print spooler.

Windows update is the first fix. Be careful though. Windows update has FUBAR'd more than one compuer. Do only the criticals and be sure to read each desctiption to be the fix applies to and is needed for your situation

-mwm
ml
with all that problems, probably the best solution is to format and reinstall windows so you can start from a solid base.
if you dont do that, youll be chasing / or be chased Smile by problems over the next weeks
bananaphone
ml wrote:
with all that problems, probably the best solution is to format and reinstall windows so you can start from a solid base.
if you dont do that, youll be chasing / or be chased Smile by problems over the next weeks

Good idea - and remember to check your backups BEFORE you reinstall windows.
raver
formating/reinstalling may be the easier solution but here is what you should do :
restart and press F8 this will start windows in safe mode. Basically this means that only the esential parts of windows will be running. Then when windows has loaded go to start-->run and type msconfig. A small app will appear and you need to go to the start up tab. There you must uncheck all the boxes that look weird and windows doesn`t require. Then hit ok, then choose exit without restart. Now install your antivirus software (mcafee i understand). It should work in safe mode. After installing it you can either scan your computer for viruses in safe mode (but it will take alot longer to complete) or restart your computer to start windows normally and do a scan. Hope this helped
Dark-Tech
yep fix all

reformat ur hardrive install windows

how i fix everything works well too
loserk
ml wrote:

yes i agree...format your pc and the problems are gone...
chiragcoolboy
Install a fresh copy of Windows. This will solve ur problem.Try changing ur bowser.Updae to WMP 10
ocalhoun
You have a virus, it's very common.
It is called "windows"
I'm afraid you'll have to wipe your hard drive to get rid of it, but it should be safe to backup some of your files first, as this virus dosen't imprint itself onto files (it is too large in file size)
billybob
Quote:
yep fix all

reformat ur hardrive install windows

how i fix everything works well too

you fix everything by reformating eeeek Shocked
raildr
Save eveything and ANYTHING you wish to keep. When in doubt, save it. If possible, have all the latest drivers you will need saved.

Download a boot disk, http://www.bootdisk.com/, as use FDISK to wipe hard drive.

Restart computer with XP install disk in CD. After install, hook up to net (better to have on CD), and get antivirus http://www.avast.com/, and ZoneAlarm, http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/trial_zaFamily/trial_zaFamily.jsp?lid=home_freedownloads

Hook up to 'net and get all updates to windows. Get MS anti spyware, http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Allow Avast and MS AntiSpyware to update auto, and away you go!
mark
Honestly, I cant solve any of your problems!! But I do have to say this that your computer might be infected with Spyware. So, try system restore and bring your PC back to normal if you do have spyware.
samvig
Format ur machine man ...
Install Win XP SP2 and Avast and Zone Alarm...
U will get Nirvana ,....

>>SAM<<
cokdes
u can change IE with firefox or Opera.

also change WMP with winamp or else..