FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nest Houses Made of Living Trees

fuzzkaizer
there is an american artist called patrick dougherty, doing some weaverbird-style sculputures all the way... it says they are made from living trees, but in the photos they do not look like that, i mean with green leaves and so... wonder how they might look then, and even more if they have grown for some years:
http://inhabitat.com/patrick-doughertys-mind-blowing-nest-houses-made-of-living-trees/
IndieCthulhu
fuzzkaizer wrote:
there is an american artist called patrick dougherty, doing some weaverbird-style sculputures all the way... it says they are made from living trees, but in the photos they do not look like that, i mean with green leaves and so... wonder how they might look then, and even more if they have grown for some years:
http://inhabitat.com/patrick-doughertys-mind-blowing-nest-houses-made-of-living-trees/

That is awesome. But how could that be habitable for daily use? What kind of person would live in that? yes it is beautiful, but it is more art than a home. wouldn't you say?

Also imagine a skyscraper using Strangler Figs as some sort of structural support... would only be about 4 stories max i guess, not really a skyscraper
fuzzkaizer
well, the man is definitely called 'artist', so he might not consider the structures as habitats, but rather as sculptures. Though, in an area with a nice climate and some adjustments, similar things might work for accomodation, too...