FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thoughts on jobs

raaeft1
There is growing uncertainty about getting jobs or retaining them in view of global economic crisis and recession.
Many companies hire people at a higher pay package but later renege on the commitment.They either do not pay the salary on time or deliberately create situations which compel the employees to leave on their own accord.

But this phenomena is highly immoral and unethical. These managements do not realize that ``greed'' and tendency to ``hoard'' are basically behind their intention to deprive the employees of their rightful dues.
In the long run, these companies do not realize that they are earning a bad reputation.
Dharator
The truth is that there are no ethics or social responsibility in large private corporations, despite what their farcical mission statements may say. They are run simply to maximise the dividends to a select group at the top of the corporate feeding chain. Shareholders and workers simply do not get a look in.

The real danger from such atrocious greed is that it not only inevitably leads to the economic meltdown we are experiencing, but it also destroys community cohesion and trust in institutions. There appears little we can do to stop such behaviour without a complete revamp of the way the capitalist system is allowed to run.
bukaida
In the modern slowdown scenario, layoff is a common feature to any big organization and so is the recruitment. There is nothing called permanent job in any private company. So you have to perform and upgrade yourself continuously.

However, neither the company nor the employee today strictly follow the commitment. When an employee gets better opportunity, he doesn't even shows the courtesy to inform the organization once before leaving. So it is a both way scenario.

However an organization and employee both benefits if they keep the commitments. In long term, this creates a good reputation in the industry for both.
RoylanM
Dharator wrote:
The truth is that there are no ethics or social responsibility in large private corporations, despite what their farcical mission statements may say. They are run simply to maximise the dividends to a select group at the top of the corporate feeding chain. Shareholders and workers simply do not get a look in.

The real danger from such atrocious greed is that it not only inevitably leads to the economic meltdown we are experiencing, but it also destroys community cohesion and trust in institutions. There appears little we can do to stop such behaviour without a complete revamp of the way the capitalist system is allowed to run.

I agree, but Obama will have all this sorted out very soon enough. "We're on a highway to wealth" and Obama will lead us all the way. Let God Bless America
Insanity
That sounds very dubious and someone should definitely look into that. You can't promise something in order to get them hired and them tell them something else. Definitely unehtnical.
c'tair
Well, our lives are much better than they were a hundred years ago and things like wealth and happiness are fairly subjective terms.

How far above the bare means of survival do you have to go to become happy? Or is happiness only tied to keeping up with the joneses? In the latter case you will never be happy.

I think that despite this recession - our times are so ripe with opportunity that it is simply dizzying. I've never had to search for a job longer than 2 weeks and all the skills I needed for my current job - I learned at home for free.