FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any thoughts on Criminal Minds

Dharator
Does anyone here watch Criminal Minds, im crurrently on Season 5 and so far i like the series.

For those who don't know it:

Quote:
CRIMINAL MINDS revolves around an elite team of profilers from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) at Quantico, Virginia. Profilers analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds in an effort to anticipate their next moves before they strike again. Each team member brings his or her own area of expertise to the table as they pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments about it?
Vanilla
I love Criminal Minds! Usually I start watching a series and then I lose interest as time goes by or when I think the series is mocking my intelligence (it happens a lot). This didn't happen with Criminal Minds. I love Reid and Garcia, I can relate with both. I'm currently watching re-runs and the new episodes (which are transmitted on Mondays here in my country).
Dharator
For me the series is excellent, my favorite characters are David Rossi and Spencer Reid, and i also like the whole dynamic of the group, this is a great series.
Mr_Howl
I watched this show for a little while, but then I had to stop. The stuff that happens in each episode...It's always so extreme and so horrible. It was just too sad and dark for me to stand anymore.

And I feel like these shows have to keep upping the level of extremeness to keep their audience interested. I noticed it with Law and Order as well. The show will start out like:

"Someone was raped"

"OK, let's find the bad guy using clues and police work"

But then, by the fifth season:

"There's a serial rapist"

"OK, let's find the bad--"

"Wait. He also killed six people"

"Well we have to--"

"But first he tortured them in a creepy basement"

"W--"

"And he hunts people for fun, kills their loved ones while forcing them to watch, and eats babies. No one is safe."

I feel like I have enough Mean World Syndrome without these shows.
welshsteve
Criminal Minds is one of my favourite shows. Been watching it since the early series with Gideon (Mandy Patinkin from Homeland). In fact I watched this last night. We're on season 8 in the uk.