FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A discussion/debate forum?

foumy6
I have notice lately in the forums (all except P&R of corse) that there really has not been any good discutions, or debates going on except fr the few that spring up here and there. Most of the posts now days are what is you favorite this, or post your this, where all people do is answer maybe reply to some one else's post then leave.

Maybe it is just me, but I would like to see some more discutions going on with various topics where people will actually stick around and have a conversation. Without this the forums just seem to get boring pretty fast. Now I am not saying that people need to go all out and just start bashing each other, because that just leads to arguments. I am talking about good reasonable discutions and debates, and the only place that a person seems to be able to to do that is in P&R which if it is the same as before can be somewhat of a scary place for some, and for the rest just doesn't cover the topics that they want to talk about.

I guess you could say that I am looking for a nice friendly (with the occasional disagreement here and there) where people can be free to voice there opinions (with evidence to back it up of course), and there will actually be responses making the thread better to actually want to go back and look at. Read the replies, and maybe contribute for the first time, or add something more to your point. Something that will keep people coming back not just this one post and gone kinda thing that seems to have been going on.

And of course we can discuss this. Razz
Ankhanu
Every forum is a debate/discussion forum, basically.
The problem isn't the forums, it's the lack of content, which is a user-based issue. There isn't a quick easy fix, unfortunately. We need people starting new threads, and more importantly, making those threads with some level of depth in mind... after that, we need users willing to take part in those discussions. It'll be slow to change, for sure!

Discussion can occur in any forum, and debate is only (kind of) limited in the Faith and perhaps the Announcements, Introductions and support forums, just based on the types of content that should be in them.
foumy6
Ankhanu wrote:
Every forum is a debate/discussion forum, basically.
The problem isn't the forums, it's the lack of content which is a user-based issue.

Which is what I was trying to say that maybe in this forum it could be opened with some nice topics in place for people to get a start.

Ankhanu wrote:
We need people starting new threads, and more importantly, making those threads with some level of depth in mind... after that, we need users willing to take part in those discussions. It'll be slow to change, for sure!

I also think that make a separate forum where good discutions can flourish will improve people in doing this. Like I said above starting the forum with a couple stickies, or just having mods start a few topics before hand could really help get the ball rolling.