FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old School music vs New School music

Which do you prefer listening too?
Old School
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
New School
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

L0u1esFish
I'm a fan of the old school. This new music just isn't the business. They don't even play with real instruments and if a singer doesn't have talent the computer now synthesizes the voice so it no one would ever know the difference but this is cheating if you ask me.

I notice old school music, whether it be RnB, Jazz, Blues, even Rock and Roll had the ability to make you feel!

This new music doesn't make you feel anymore... Anyone else out there can relate to this?
Dharator
Absolutely, you're not the only one who thinks like this believe me i know alot of people who enjoys old schoold music like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and my personal favorite Johnny Cash
SonLight
My question would be what you considr "old school" vs new school music? There has been a lot of bad music written at least since the 1960s, mush of which was pushed by commercial interests because it was similar to what was currently selling, but with little creativity. If nothing since Johnny Cash is old school, I can certainly think of many examples of music I consider good since then.

If there is a trend making it harder than usual to separate crap from creative music, it would be worth examining. I personally have found it somewhat rare to find new good music since at least the mid seventies, although once you find it there is still a lot of it.
Dharator
SonLight wrote:
My question would be what you considr "old school" vs new school music? There has been a lot of bad music written at least since the 1960s, mush of which was pushed by commercial interests because it was similar to what was currently selling, but with little creativity. If nothing since Johnny Cash is old school, I can certainly think of many examples of music I consider good since then.

If there is a trend making it harder than usual to separate crap from creative music, it would be worth examining. I personally have found it somewhat rare to find new good music since at least the mid seventies, although once you find it there is still a lot of it.

For me old school music is the classics of course, the best of the past for example the immortal Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr , Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday and Thelonious Monk and others.

Those are the icons of music, the giants.
catscratches
I don't think there's a significant distinction between "old school" and "new school".