FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Most Spammed Topics/ Forums?

IndieCthulhu
In your opinion what is the most spammed set of topics and forums?

In my opinion. the Movies and Television forum is a major spam point in Frihost. Maybe that is because Movies and Television can be a lot of just spam?

Otherwise topics themselves. Well, i haven't seen too many topics that get spammed other than "Come see my website". Yourself?
foumy6
Well I guess that really any topic on the first page will be a target for spamming, so it is hard to pick out one that is really bad for me. Most that I have seen get spammed either get locked or get left to die.
Peterssidan
Yeah, Movies and Television gets a lot of spam, every day. It's mostly the same kind of spam so it's very obvious and easy to handle.

I also think Health and Beauty and Travel and Countries are popular spam targets with less obvious spam. There are a lot of users in these categories that are not spammers by the rules but post only for the purpose of spreading links. Just look at the post counts and the signatures and you will start noticing a pattern.
twotrophy
I've noticed that the General Chat topic is the most spammed topic. Most spammers target the general chat topic. It seems that typical spammers may be bots automatically creating accounts just to post a single spam post. The spam problem in Frihost doesn't seem to be very bad because it is uncommon. The main threat to Frihost is new users posting low quality posts or digging up old topics extremely often just to get 350 coins for a domain name which messes the entire forum up. There should be a warning at the registration page about this rule.
IndieCthulhu
twotrophy wrote:
I've noticed that the General Chat topic is the most spammed topic. Most spammers target the general chat topic. It seems that typical spammers may be bots automatically creating accounts just to post a single spam post. The spam problem in Frihost doesn't seem to be very bad because it is uncommon. The main threat to Frihost is new users posting low quality posts or digging up old topics extremely often just to get 350 coins for a domain name which messes the entire forum up. There should be a warning at the registration page about this rule.

This is a perfect example, most users make an account for the web host and use the sticky forums such as "what song are you listening to now" in the Music forum to keep their points up... they don't add any intellectual property...

In my opinion sticky topics like that should have their points disabled...
bukaida
The introduction forum and Games forum has many spams too. Actually with it's huge popularity, frihost is attracting the spammers.
Bondings
I have to completely agree with Peterssidan. Especially the "Watch x online" links to tv series - very very common.

I also think some people are confusing low-quality posts to get a hosting account with the commercial spam of people trying to get links through posting either in the posts themselves or in the signatures. It's a completely different issue and yes in that case it's a lot the featured discussions, introductions and general chat.
playfungames
When I had a forum, spams were everywhere. The topics which were linked from the homepage were spammed the most I think. But some spammers just could take their time and dig into really old topics and post their links/spam there. At one point I had more spam than users posts. It was really hard to control.
twotrophy
playfungames wrote:
When I had a forum, spams were everywhere. The topics which were linked from the homepage were spammed the most I think. But some spammers just could take their time and dig into really old topics and post their links/spam there. At one point I had more spam than users posts. It was really hard to control.

Quote:
We would like to introduce ourselves as ExpertDecoders (formally known as HumanCoder), an Human based automated captcha solver established in 2010.
We successfully satisfied thousands of customers by providing automated captcha bypass services for many software’s. Following that, to meet our commitment to our customers quick response and good accuracy level, we established two bonded data center at Dhaka, Bangladesh and Hue, Vietnam.

This is an example of a bot that can bypass having to type in or solve word or math problems to verify that the registrant is not a bot. Photograph verification works better for this reason because it is much harder to code a program that can bypass photograph verification. I hope this would help.