FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

It's more fun in the Philippines

choydeliverer
Come and visit our marvelous country of 7107 islands and be amazed of God's creation in our country like the fantastic beaches, agricultural sceneries and most of all be marveled of our myriad of delicious foods. Come and be blessed by what God has done in our country.
nickfyoung
Philippines. My favorite country. I am looking forward to living there in a couple of years. I like Davao city because that is where my wife and her family are from so we intend to live. there. I haven't seen much of the rest of the Philippines yet except for Manilla and Cebu so I am looking forward to being a tourist as well. I would like to take the Super Ferry trip and stop in at several islands. All in all, the Philippines is a wonderful country filled with wonderful people.
deanhills
@nickfyoung. Which areas of the Philippines are popular with Western expats?
nickfyoung
deanhills wrote:
@nickfyoung. Which areas of the Philippines are popular with Western expats?

There seems to be expats living all over and seems to be dictated a lot as to where the wife comes from.

Cebu is very popular as is Manila but there are also a lot living in Mindanao and Davao city. One trip I had there it rained for three days and by the third day it was quite cool. That day the expats seemed to grow immensely so you don't see most of them as they are sitting home with the air conditioning.

I like Davao because it is basically still the opposite of Manila. Not quite as big, although there are still 1.5M people there While Manilla is the typical big Asian city with all the sex trade that goes with it I still get a country town feel for Davao. It is also one of the safest cities in the Philippines and also misses most of the storms.