FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are your pet peeves?

foumy6
Pretty much everyone has them so post yours!

And if for some reason you don't know what a pet peeve it, it is something that just really bugs you, or something that is just plain annoying.

Here are some of mine (though most will have to do with where I work):
1) People getting angry when you didn't hear everything on their order the first time.
2) Hipsters
3) Bad Parents
4) This may seem mean but helping people fix their computers that try to help, but have no idea what they are doing
5) people who don't care of their computers
6) Spoiled people
7) Just plain rude people
8 ) People who go through the drive through for just a soda
9) People who need to make every sandwich special for example: No pickles, add mayo
10) Teachers who pick favorites
-------------------
I know some of those are more things I can't stand than a little pet peeve, but hey, no one oever said a pet peeve had to be the little things. Razz
deanhills
1. People who have a chat right at the entrance of a building, blocking the entrance.
2. People who have a chat at the top of an escalator, blocking access to the escalator
3. People on an escalator who do not keep to the right or left so one can pass them
4. People who are in a party and who use the whole side walk from side to side, no one can pass them
5. People who talk on top of their voices on a cell phone in public, as though no one else exists
6. People who talk on a cell phone at a dinner table
7. Mindless lack of consideration
8. People who scramble to get on the bus, elbowing every one else out of the way
9. Attendants who serve people out of turn
10. Medical practitioners who make you wait for longer than 20 minutes for an appointment
11. Every one else making you wait for longer than 10 minutes
Peterssidan
I hate when people say sorry (or some other excuse) for something they did and then do the same thing again, on purpose, and then saying sorry again. If you really are sorry you shouldn't do it on purpose! If you do it on purpose you shouldn't say sorry!
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
I hate when people say sorry (or some other excuse) for something they did and then do the same thing again, on purpose, and then excusing themselves again. If you really are sorry you shouldn't do it on purpose! If you do it on purpose you shouldn't say sorry!
That's a good one Peterssidan. Reminds me of when someone is swearing and then apologizes with: "Pardon my French". I'd rather that they not apologize at all or if they know it's not appropriate not do it at all.
Nick2008
I have quite a bit of pet peeves, unfortunately.

1.) Young people (especially those who are stuck on their phones and don't give any thought whatsoever to the world around them) who don't offer their seats to the elderly or disabled on public transport - this really irks me as it is extremely disrespectful and shows how our moral values are slowly disappearing.

2.) People shaking their legs constantly, especially when you feel the floor or desk vibrating because of it - it's extremely annoying and I usually nicely remind people to stop only to have them do it again in less than 10 minutes (I know this is a habit that can be very hard to break).

3.) When your friends pull out their smartphones and start texting at dinner, or in the movie theater, or in any place where you are supposed to be together and socializing - once again, it's very disrespectful especially when somebody is talking.

4.) People driving slower in the left lane than the right lane who refuse to go to the right (this is in a country with traffic on the right).

5.) Politicians - ok, I know this is funny, but I think this one is true for most people. For me, it is particularly politicians who only talk and promise yet have no track record of fulfilling what they said - or even better, politicians that just straight up lie and spread rumors.
ratanegra
1. Teachers who think they are righter than me just for being teachers.
2. "Friends" who won't say hi to me unless it's obvious that I noticed them.
3. Irrational reasonings.

Am I doing it right?
foumy6
Nick2008 wrote:
I have quite a bit of pet peeves, unfortunately.

1.) Young people (especially those who are stuck on their phones and don't give any thought whatsoever to the world around them) who don't offer their seats to the elderly or disabled on public transport - this really irks me as it is extremely disrespectful and shows how our moral values are slowly disappearing.

3.) When your friends pull out their smartphones and start texting at dinner, or in the movie theater, or in any place where you are supposed to be together and socializing - once again, it's very disrespectful especially when somebody is talking.

I sooo agree with these. I use to have a girlfriend who would always text when we went to the movies throughout the entire movie. Plus now at my school we are allowed to use are phones durring passing time between classes, and now their are kids just walking down the hall blindly looking at their phones.
TaylorD
Great peeves thanks for sharing and if you tell these people that are being like "pets" sometimes they might definitely get mad.
astl32
But now people who don't care of their computers !
standready
foumy6 wrote:
Pretty much everyone has them so post yours!
3) Bad Parents

Apparently you have met my parents!

My list besides above would fill the page so let me just summarize as "not being considerate of others".
Bluedoll
People who are unable to mind their own business and then tell you they have problems because they were not minding their own.

The trouble is everyone at some point at time is probably guilty of this. Just that some are more guilty of it than others I guess.
deanhills
Airlines who treat their passengers like cattle. I.e., they know their flight is going to be late. But won't warn passengers they are going to depart an hour later, so they can make sure their passengers are reporting on time.

Airlines who bow to pressure from Government officials to depart later than the scheduled time, sometimes as late as an hour after the scheduled departure time.
lkglacier
I have a pet peeve for people who have pet peeves. Hold on- let me rephrase that. I have a pet peeve for people who constantly voice their pet peeves and can't get over themselves. There's nothing more annoying -_-

(also I just have to add that a big thing that drives me off the wall is people who can't properly speak their native language. I mean come on!)
Qantas94Heavy
lkglacier wrote:
I have a pet peeve for people who have pet peeves. Hold on- let me rephrase that. I have a pet peeve for people who constantly voice their pet peeves and can't get over themselves. There's nothing more annoying -_-

(also I just have to add that a big thing that drives me off the wall is people who can't properly speak their native language. I mean come on!)

So are you implying that you have a pet peeve for yourself?
Sylin
I can relate to most of the points already posted here, but I doubt that's a good thing for me Confused

1. People who complain about public behaviours that they also practice in public.
2. Any sort of persuasion that intend to leave one with a sense of guilt if not followed.
3. Leaving someone with a lose-lose situation.
Could be a friend that says "You should come to the event with me". But will say something like "You didn't have to come if you don't want to" after you arrived which just destroys your mood for having already dropped your own plan in order to go along with them. And then you get a "You suck" when you actually didn't go.
4. Having smartphones right next to their notes during lectures, regularly receiving and sending text messages and complaining about how hard it is to understand the lecturer.
5. People who confuse knowledge with [beliefs due to familiarity].
6. People who do things they know are bad and say "Don't judge me on this". Can they not see that having the need to say that in itself can already say something about them?
7. People who keep holding a conversation with a member of staff when there are others waiting in line.
8. When the retractable queue barrier band thing is twisted.
drjim
i don't really have that many pet peeves, i'm a pretty passive down, emotionally, mentally, socially. so even if i do get bugged or annoyed by someone or something, i can... nine times out of ten, bush it off, no problem.

my pet peeves mostly involved people's actions, because the human species are a flawed design. so yeah

1) openly negative or whiny people annoy me. i only can take these kinds of people in small doses.
2) people being selfish over the smallest details that don't really matter but for some reason matters to them... just be cool man.

those are just a couple of my pet peeves, i suppose i'll list more later. Smile