FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is/was your favourite topic in school?

limpands
My favourite topic was probably English. I'm actaully Swedish.
IndieCthulhu
Mine personally was Modern History (no american history at all, love being Aussie). It was diverse and broad... also the teacher was an awesome teacher. Im sure LostOverThere should know who i am talking about... the environment of the class was just different to everything else you could imagine.
Nick2008
I'll second IndieCthulhu, history has always been my favorite subject. It's very intriguing to look back on the past and see how our ancestors responded to world events and what we can learn from that. Many people I've talked to underestimate history and usually say something like "It doesn't impact us in anyway" or it just "doesn't matter" but I disagree. I feel like we as human beings can learn a lot from our history and it may be the key to planning the future in a better way. If we know history, we know what has and hasn't worked in the past and we can adjust our future plans accordingly. Not knowing history, we are bound to make the same mistakes again.
codegeek
i loved english and programming.
chartcentral
My favorite subject in school would have to be Mathematics. Smile
twotrophy
I am not very sure about what specific subject that I like in school. So I will give a list of several subjects that I like. I like Art, Geography, Maths and Literature although I find it boring.
D'Artagnan
english, my mother language is portuguese
Vanilla
I used to love Biology until a teacher ruined it for me. That's why a teacher's work is so important: you need to compel your students in the search of knowledge. This teacher just taught like she was being held at gunpoint. She seemed to hate her job and her students. So I hated Biology for quite some time because of her. Then another teacher came along and oh boy, all my love was renewed! It was a pleasure to attend her classes. I've always wanted to be a vet, but without this teacher it wouldn't be possible.

Nick2008 wrote:
I'll second IndieCthulhu, history has always been my favorite subject. It's very intriguing to look back on the past and see how our ancestors responded to world events and what we can learn from that. Many people I've talked to underestimate history and usually say something like "It doesn't impact us in anyway" or it just "doesn't matter" but I disagree. I feel like we as human beings can learn a lot from our history and it may be the key to planning the future in a better way. If we know history, we know what has and hasn't worked in the past and we can adjust our future plans accordingly. Not knowing history, we are bound to make the same mistakes again.

Those who don't know History are doomed to repeat it. Very Happy I couldn't agree more. It used to be one of my favorites subjects too, and I had a lovely teacher who was just delighted about the past. Another great teacher who taught me the value of the past and its impact in my life today.
Radar
Maths.

Yes, many people will disagree, but it was the easiest in many ways. Logic and fixed answers. Sounds like a recipe for simplicity to me.
akhilkichu
History was my favorite. In fact, I always found it easier to remember after studying Very Happy. Moreover, its always easier to remember any topic if we find it interesting
Bluedoll
I liked English too because of the teacher he was great.
Habbount
History and Math.

I love them both, history tells us our past and how the society was built and math helps us understands the mother of the sciences.
Peterssidan
Gymnastics was fun, at least in the lower grades. Maths was not always but an overall favourite. Some parts of biology and physics was very interesting. Programming was my favourite.
playfungames
When I was in school (Grade 10 or lower), I really enjoyed maths. I used to say it to everyone that maths was my most favorite topic. But then after that, I really hated studying anything.
twotrophy
Ok, I have changed my mind on my favourite subject. My favourite subject is Literature because it trains you to analyze
things very critically as well as to give very detailed explanations. Writing essays is also fun. I am currently a student right now.
Pande
Music class, what a break from the usual academics. I always looked forward to it and it was one of those courses I truly enjoyed learning. I am now taking it in University.

Second to that, I really loved Film Art, analyzing and breaking down the tropes and cinematic methods of the last 50 years of movies. The monomyth especially intrigued me, because it really is so true and repeatable.
doublekk
There are a number of subjects that I liked, and choosing one is difficult. But I would have to say I liked mathematics the most. Among others, I liked English and computer science.
johans
chartcentral wrote:
My favorite subject in school would have to be Mathematics. Smile

Same here. I love mathematics.

What i hate most is English. Lol
tyler87898
I think mine was math aswell.
Ankhanu
Science, and when the sciences got split apart in high school (rather than a single "science" class), it'd be biology.
I also loved art class.

They kind of reflect my polar attitudes towards objectivity and subjectivity.
TheGremlyn
Oddly enough I quite enjoyed Human Sexuality. When I was in high school and I think we did sex ed in grade 9 or 10... it was so tame, they didn't really teach of anything important. I mean, they tried to talk about pregnancy and reproduction and STD or STI or whatever they call it now. When I took this course in college it blew my mind at how in-depth it went. It went beyond simple safe sex tips and reproduction. Mind you, I can't remember much except that it opened my eyes and made me go "yikes! I was careless before!" I wish I could take a class like that sometime in the future... I feel like sex ed has so much more to offer but they're holding back on the details and for what? Because we're young? Lame excuse since I think kids are getting into this stuff earlier and earlier.
Nyasro
My favorite topic was Math and Science.

As i loved to solve complex algebras and geometries

And, loved to perform science experiments.
I was topper in math and science both but we two, our first boy,
always compete for greater marks.

History and geographic was also good but i didn't like them
that much because, they are out of my interest.
But historical and geographical tour was good.

I enjoyed much reading science history rather that
original history.
Insanity
I like science the most. I also like social science in high school, but they seem to be harder in college.
mshafiq
my favourit subject is biology and chemistry.i always had good marks in these subject.
distrowarvor
I always loved computer science. Even if when I strated to use MS Word, I was very passionated by this class. Still today, I really like working on computer or learning something about programs.
authorforte
My favorite was computers. I've always loved IT. I remember so many times when I went to the library with an English assignment to do, and I'd end up pulling a programming textbook off the shelf instead. Good times. Jolly good times.
Pippo90
Definitely History.
dmbi601
Maths
mshafiq
Mine is math
I am excellent in math.I love to talk on math topics.