FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coins

IndieCthulhu
So I have been thinking, for people that have few coins, like myself, that want to use them to buy services of other people in the forums without using real cash on these forums it would be beneficial for both Bondings and small time users if people were able to buy coins for their account to trade in the marketplace.

Now of course the price of coins would have to be higher that the price of a TLD or the system would be compromised (people buying 350 coins for a TLD)

So my theory would be around $5USD for 100 coins, then Bondings could make more money for services and the marketplace could potentially become more active and people offering more services.
Ankhanu
That would kind of work against the concept of a free web host, wouldn't it?

Users, of course, may freely exchange coins... if you really want more coins without the post-work, you could offer up a service to other users, payable in coins.
Also, enter the various contests when they arise, you could win some extra coins that way.
IndieCthulhu
I do understand the concept, I'm merely stating that people like myself would like to buy coins as a safer alternative that risking actual cash in the marketplace for something that could potentially be a scam, at least the coins can be tracked.
Ankhanu
Oh, no! Actual cash may not be exchanged for coins or other Frih bonuses; I'm pretty sure that's outlined in the TOS. I mean you can offer up you skills for coins; for example, there have been people offering to make users their own avatars or signatures in exchange for coins. No money is exchanged, but, a Frih economy is established.
IndieCthulhu
Ankhanu wrote:
Oh, no! Actual cash may not be exchanged for coins or other Frih bonuses; I'm pretty sure that's outlined in the TOS. I mean you can offer up you skills for coins; for example, there have been people offering to make users their own avatars or signatures in exchange for coins. No money is exchanged, but, a Frih economy is established.

That's exactly what I mean, all I'm mean is, it is a way for people to Donate to Frihost to ensure it stays up and running, (especially with all the adblocking add-ons for browsers the way money is made here to support the hosting will soon vanish). and if i wanted to pay 300 coins for a Logo i would be able to buy the coins to use in the marketplace. Thus sustaining the Frih economy.

Quote:
Buying and Selling
FRIH$ & Coins are the only currency that can be used on the Frihost Forums. You are not allowed to sell or buy things using real money (this includes payment via PayPal, Western Union etc.)
twotrophy
Don't worry about Frihost. If you look at the number of people currently visiting Frihost, there are at least 100 guests which are unregistered users. Unregistered users view much more advertisments than registered users. Try logging out and take a look at how many advertisments you can see. AdSense also pays Frihost when users visit pages with advertisments even if they do not click on them although the amount paid is very little. However, with so many users on at one time, Frihost would be easily able to earn a lot of money each month.
deanhills
True Twotrophy . Further to Ankhanu's comment, Bondings' thread on Ways to help Frihost pretty much sums up the kind of assistance he is looking for. Not financial but in kind.
johans
deanhills wrote:
True Twotrophy . Further to Ankhanu's comment, Bondings' thread on Ways to help Frihost pretty much sums up the kind of assistance he is looking for. Not financial but in kind.

i agree on the statement " not financial but in kind".