FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to choose a good and cheap tablet pc?

choice
1.What size of tablet PC is best for you?

2. What is the difference between capacitive screen and resistance screen

3. CPU frequency and Memory size?

Pls leave message to me if you want to know and I will give more details.
mukesh
You should to purchase a readymade pc table which always available in furniture shop. Don't think more.
crazyfffan
What exactly do you want to buy? A tablet or a PC? Because there's no such thing as a tablet PC. Tablets usually run on ARM or Intel Atom with Android/Windows 8 for ARM/iOS or other mobile operating system, and tablets always have a touch screen. A PC (in this case I guess you refer to a laptop or netbook) runs on x86 or x64 architecture, sometimes has a touch screen, using desktop operating system like Windows, Mac or Linux.

A cheap tablet is usually one that runs Android, like Kindle Fire. A cheap laptop/netbook is usually NOT HP and other fancy and shinny model, has basic design, normal specs, and if possible, running Linux instead of Windows. A cheap laptop/netbook is NEVER a Mac.
Ankhanu
crazyfffan wrote:
What exactly do you want to buy? A tablet or a PC? Because there's no such thing as a tablet PC.

Untrue. Most tablet PCs are essentially laptops, but have a lid that you can close with the screen facing out and have a touch interface. Earliest forms required a stylus, but modern ones have full multitouch screens.

That said, yeah, usually when people refer to a tablet these days, it's a large "mobile device" with a mobile OS, not a proper tablet PC.

crazyfffan wrote:
A cheap tablet is usually one that runs Android, like Kindle Fire. A cheap laptop/netbook is usually NOT HP and other fancy and shinny model, has basic design, normal specs, and if possible, running Linux instead of Windows. A cheap laptop/netbook is NEVER a Mac.

Nah, you can get a cheap laptop from pretty much any non-Mac (or boutique PC e.g. Alienware) company. HP, Samsung, Sony, etc. all make small laptops in the $300-$500 range these days.
sysna
Display resolution, cpu performance, amount of memory, operating system, support are the most important things for getting a tablet after that you can search for bigger batteries, design and etc.

I know many china made tablets that are good in term of memory and cpu performance but they come with absolute resolution of 800*480 , most apps will not support this resolution in near future and of course you will face serious trouble reading webpages and pdf files in these tablets. Also all that cpu power just wastes ! it is like to buy an Nvidia GTX 680 and play games with it with a monitor which max resolution is 1024*768 ! so all of that power will be wasted.

Support is very important too, i recommend eveyone one of the Apple tablets or if they want to go for android one of the Google ones ! if you get a samsung or asus one you barely get any software update and if you get some you will get them a lot later than google release !

So the performance is important along side of display resolution and support.
iodus
Asus tablets are at the moment one of the best choices
riteshk1
There are lots of tablet PC in the market you can choose any one of them and its really nice.