FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION

c7mas
ALL WHAT YOU WANT SAY ABOUT THIS..... Very Happy
Pixel
I hate when Nintendo makes all these Mario-games that are not Mario-games! Sad
xorcist
I hate all of the Dance Dance Revolution's they look all boring and I doubt that people wold really dance like that at a party. I cant believe that people play that for hours.
MistaKiula
hah?? lol it's fun.. it's a good cardeo
quick_basic
Have you ever played DDR. If you havent then thats what I expected for your reply. Try it sometime. Its extremley fun(well for me it is). I one time played it for like 5 hours and then puked.
lockwolf
I would always go to a place called Fry's Electronics and play DDR for a few hours on a $100 soft pad. I developed mad DDR skillz cuz of it due to its funness.
Xavier Chaos
I was a slave to game for about a year and a half. I am now just a casual player, though I must say it is still really fun to play.
Ganesheeva
sniff ! i never played it ! ppl here are too dumby to get smtg that entertaining

only house o dead and pinballs ... bah i played once a horserace on arcad (how ridiculous...) Embarassed

But one day i'll buy one of those dancinpad with a playstation (right?) to rythm my house parties... can bring fun and change to the non ending smoking sessions (smoking chocolate cigarettes,of course) Wink and it's phisically goodhealthy i guess Wink

also i saw so much series with so emotional sessions on this stuff that i wont^die without trying it (i think i wont die anyway...)
remember in Malcolm ? and another like/looking serie i cant remember the name made a very funny episode with this (the rough harsh military uncle was a champion on it to please his nephew or smtg=)

and i guess they still are som ppl competiting on it around^the^world tugh XD
Dean_The_Great
Hey hey! Dance Dance Revolution!! Is everyone ready to rock! There are many reasons that DDR is such a fantastic game, and many reasons why you don't understand just how wicked and amazing it is until you play it.

THE TOP THREE REASONS DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION ROCKS:

REASON #3: Cardio Workout

DDR gives you an awesome cardio workout as you move and jump your way through so many different songs and combinations... often many in a row! After a few of these "sets" I'm totally exhausted, but then you get up and continue! Why?! Check reason number one for that.

REASON #2: Co-ordination and Mental Conditioning

Now here's one that people don't recognize, but put it this way: If you told someone to watch the arrows as they fly past the screen at a rate of 180bpm and to co-ordinate your feet to the arrows in exact time as the arrows hit the flashy arrows at the top, they would think you are crazy. And most people look crazy the first time they use DDR, but eventually you develop the skill and you learn to increase the amount of time your brain takes to find the right movements.

REASON #1: It's so fun!

This one's self explanatory! Good times had by all! Dancing, sweating and groovy asian music! What's not fun about that!
Monkeydog
I never really get to play with a dance pad. >.>

but it's great fun, just looking at it as a puzzle/rythem game.
Lisianthus
me neither i only played on the compuetr and on a playstation with my ps controller Razz
Deji
its a fun game ^_^, if you havnt tryed it yet give it a go you'll probably end up addicted for a while. Rolling Eyes
mitsuomi
Who plays in "Maniac Mode"?
Gerardus™
Hi there,
I just have to say i'm getting addicted to the dancepad and the eyetoy!
It really is a lot of fun to play and it better then sit on our bud playing our games!!
I thought there were only a few games for the dancepad, but the more i look, the more i find. I have 5 games at this moment and they are all fun.
Karaoke Revolution Party is a fantastic game, you can sing and dance at the same time, and with the eyetoy cameo you can make your own head and put it on the artists, so you can see yourself perform. Let me tell you:"it's not easy to sing and dance at the same time, but it brings a good laugh to the crowd"! If you have 2 dancepads it's even more fun cuz then you can dance together and have contests. So i guess everyone that says a dancepad sucks, never tried it..
Greetings Wink
icedGEEK
xorcist wrote:
I hate all of the Dance Dance Revolution's they look all boring and I doubt that people wold really dance like that at a party. I cant believe that people play that for hours.

Nobody dances like that a party.
however they are addicitve.
OH Lord ; I'd never buy one... but the tokes I've spent on that thing is stupid...
Grr. Its a skill.
Cream
Are there any Dance Dance Revolution games in the UK?
All I ever seem to see are the Dancing Stage ones, are these the same games just renamed or not?
RavenCross
DDR is both fun and addicting.. it is also a good exercise.. especially if u have ur own dance pad.. u can really have a good workout while enjoying the beats.. but honestly im not that good Very Happy .. i only know a number of tracks unlike some of my friends who are totally sick wen they start groovin'..
driftingfe3s
I totally suck at this game. It is fun though. There's another game like DDR called "Pump it up". Its a korean game, and from what I've been told it actually came out before DDR, but wasn't as common place. Pump is prefred by people who freestyle becuase the way that the buttons are arrainged. Insted of having the butons front back and right and left, Pump has buttons in the middle, top right, top left, bottom left, and bottom right. This arraingement allows more freedom to do moves and Its amazing to watch pros play on pump than it is on DDR.
Gerardus™
I think they should make more games for the ddr. Or at least make often new ones with updated songs. Then more people will be interested. People like to work out more and more and a ddr dancepad allows you to play games have fun and workout at the same time, with FLOW urban dance uprising you have workouts and even see how much calories you burned with the workout and you can do it everyday for a few minutes.
Just try it, i'm sure you'll like it!
kevin
Hanpusu-kun
DDR is like a religion.
I love it, and I will keep continue doing it.
Natrualkiller
Played this game in arcade then got it for ps2 addicting but havnt done it in a while
Gerardus™
hi there,
Just want to let you guys know i got dance dance revolution extreme2 yesterday, played it for hours.. my legs are burning right now.
This game is awesome, and very much fun. My girlfriend said earlier i look like the lord of the dance, but i don't think so Wink
ciao! Cool
Red_Storm
its a nice game!
i have it for xbox with 2 dancemates.
bapakerwe
I never play DDR in any console, won't play DDR in any console actually. cuz I thought its not fun at all when you dance-with-worry if you use the dancing matress. I rather play it in arcade center, doin some classic freestyle sometimes, cool for me.
and... which series of DDR do you like most? its DDR3 for me my self.

FH
jeffleo
Dancing on the soft pad is a murder... I rather exercise my fingers. LOL
susanna mayfair
Quote:
THE TOP THREE REASONS DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION ROCKS:

REASON #3: Cardio Workout

DDR gives you an awesome cardio workout as you move and jump your way through so many different songs and combinations... often many in a row! After a few of these "sets" I'm totally exhausted, but then you get up and continue! Why?! Check reason number one for that.

REASON #2: Co-ordination and Mental Conditioning

Now here's one that people don't recognize, but put it this way: If you told someone to watch the arrows as they fly past the screen at a rate of 180bpm and to co-ordinate your feet to the arrows in exact time as the arrows hit the flashy arrows at the top, they would think you are crazy. And most people look crazy the first time they use DDR, but eventually you develop the skill and you learn to increase the amount of time your brain takes to find the right movements.

REASON #1: It's so fun!

This one's self explanatory! Good times had by all! Dancing, sweating and groovy asian music! What's not fun about that!

Yeah, what he said. I love DDR and the eyetoy. I just bought another mat, DDRMAX2, and a new eye toy game for my kids for Christmas. They both love it and this way we can all play together. I think it is one of the best games out. It gets kids who are less and less active, up and moving and exercising without even thinking about anything but having fun.
5C1
errm i didt play be4 but i saw my friend play it.. i not really like t>"< Embarassed
Billwaa
It's a good game, at least a good revolution of video games. One of my friend is very into it.
Dragate
It's fun, and funny. When your with your firends and you want to have lots of fun... play ddr!!! it's soooooo funny to watch your firends go on a dance pad and ddr... most peeps go to noob levels and when doing it, put their hands in their pockets! y!??!?! you can evenget half of the arrows! y do u have your hands in your pockets?!?!?! lol trying to look cool? hahaha use those hands and dance! (for just h-e practice go to http://www.flashflahsrevolution.com)
aerialdreams
I absolutely love DDR, and my friends do too!! IT's just too bad that none of us are good at it! ^_^ We used to get together all the time to play it, and like many others are saying, DDR really works. One of my friend lost 60 pounds just by playing DDR everyday!! It's great fun!
Wanderer
i love ddr. i play heavy so far i can pass tsugaru (awesome song) and drop out. i havent played in a while but its fun for parties and such.
Yantaal
iplay, oh yes i do, not wonderfull, better than some worst than the chinese and japanese. This guy marshal, from myschool, he is a damm good dancer, best i know, i pale in comparison.
baldheadedgames
I love this game, I'm currently addicted to it and play at least once a week, playing it on a dance pad is way funner though, I play that with a couple of my friends and have tournaments, great workout for your body. It also helps you loose weight, I've lost at least 10 pounds playing this, (I'm weight 120). It is way fun.
gerrit111
They have some good songs, but in general, i don't like them.
Because they don't have a melody that really keeps sticking in your head!
baldheadedgames
Have you ever played Flashflashrevolution? It's also very fun, and free. They have some pretty good songs that get stuck in your head. If you havent you should try it sometime if your into this kind of games.
Tac-Tics
DDR is just about the greatest game ever created for your feet.
(take that Nintendo Track&Field!)

I know this is kind of an old thread, but there's got to be more people here who still play. I've been playing for about 3 years. My only noteworthy achievements are 4 Heavy AAA's and passing Pandemonium Expert (13 feet.... several times harder than PSMO) on In The Groove (DDR's younger, but meaner brother).

I still enjoy playing with new players, though. I started my own DDR club at my college. I enjoy the challenge of doing better and better on harder and harder songs and I enjoy the runner's high after a few songs. It's so much healthier than drinking, and your social awareness is affected much the same Wink
Cthulhuman
Pixel wrote:
I hate when Nintendo makes all these Mario-games that are not Mario-games! Sad

I'm not sure if anyone has said this already or not but here it goes. I was really disappointed with the mario ddr because it sucked as a mario game and it was WAY to easy to be considered even challenging compared to any other ddr game. Seriously, I started the game on hard, which is barely even about the same as standard on regular ddr.
Cthulhuman
Tac-Tics wrote:
It's so much healthier than drinking, and your social awareness is affected much the same Wink

Well actually one thing that's pretty fun is to get really drunk and try to play ddr, or rather watch other people play and see how you do when impared. I also did something simliar to you because I work at McDonalds and every friday me and a bunch of my friends would rope off a section of the lobby and we would play ddr from 11 to 3 in the morning, that is until I got tired of loading my tv out of my room every friday.