FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Filtering the forum boards

-TomJ-
There is a link that will bring me to all the topics that have been posted since my last visit.
But I would to be able to filter that list: I only want to see the new topics that have been posted on the forums I have indicated only.

Some of the forums are less interesting to me - my Turkish, Polish and Portuguese are not what they used to be, and gaming is not my Cup of Tea either.
olag
looks a good idea.
n0obie4life
Why not just ignore the boards?

Filtering them is almost impossible.
-TomJ-
n0obie4life wrote:

Fine idea, but how do I do that? I haven't seen any check boxes where I can set forums to ignored. Or did I overlook something?
abone
I think Sad this is not good idea.

-TomJ- wrote:
There is a link that will bring me to all the topics that have been posted since my last visit.
But I would to be able to filter that list: I only want to see the new topics that have been posted on the forums I have indicated only.

Some of the forums are less interesting to me - my Turkish, Polish and Portuguese are not what they used to be, and gaming is not my Cup of Tea either.
abone
I agree with you, Be sure ,He/She can easily do it.

n0obie4life wrote:

Bondings
This feature has been suggested already. It's just a bit hard to code and the existing mods aren't like I would like them to be.
-TomJ-
-TomJ- wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

Fine idea, but how do I do that? I haven't seen any check boxes where I can set forums to ignored. Or did I overlook something?

Has anyone been able to find out how to ignore certain boards?

Does the Moderator know?
Will he sharing his knowledge?
n0obie4life
What!

Ignoring has to be taught too?

First, you load up frihost.
Next, you pretend not to see the board
If you do see the board, tell yourself it isn't there and it doesn't even exist
If you still can't tell yourself that it isn't there and it doesn't exist, pester Bondings to do a little "showhide" java scripting, which I have suggested here, and he doesn't seem to get it.

Here = http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15213 (this hides a whole category effectively Wink)

[edit] I just found this

http://mods.mosymuis.nl/viewtopic.php?t=167

Yay, go and pester Bondings to install it now.
-TomJ-
n0obie4life wrote:
What!

<...>
... pester Bondings to do a little "showhide" java scripting, which I have suggested here, and he doesn't seem to get it.

<...>
Yay, go and pester Bondings to install it now.

If only he would listen ...
n0obie4life
I'll pester him too Laughing
Arnie
It would be nice if this feature could be implemented.
Bondings
I will implement/code something like this, the mod noobie suggested is however not good and stable enough for me. But you will eventually have the option to stop watching certain boards, like the language forums.
Jack_Hammer
n0obie4life wrote:
Ignoring has to be taught too?

First, you load up frihost.
Next, you pretend not to see the board
If you do see the board, tell yourself it isn't there and it doesn't even exist
If you still can't tell yourself that it isn't there and it doesn't exist

lmao...
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
I will implement/code something like this, the mod noobie suggested is however not good and stable enough for me. But you will eventually have the option to stop watching certain boards, like the language forums.

Erm, just because it's in BETA Rolling Eyes Confused
gonzo
request a script for phpBB forms here:

http://userscripts.org
elcyron
i like the filteridea, this week i left the forum three times (without reading anything) because the first page of new postings was filled with polish, french and other stuff. probably a number of good postings in there - but i'll never know cuz i can't read them.

i think phpbb has read/write-flags for usergroups, so one way of filtering would be to put up usergroups for every foreign language. then again there might be a number of multilingal people so the number of required usergroups would be rather large.

another awkward idea: take a look at the searchfunktion, it will probably issue a SQLstatement. so if you installed a page with a number of checkboxes for the boardID an then issue the resulting SQLstatement...
hm...

someone must have had that idea before:/
S3nd K3ys
n0obie4life wrote:

Shocked Shocked
n0obie4life
What? It isn't possible in 2.x without modifications in BETA/ALPHA/RC.

Anyway, he said he'll do them sooon.

-close-