FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

drone operator speaks out, gets death threats

handfleisch
Quote:
'Did we just kill a kid?': The moment drone operator who assassinated Afghans with the push of a button on a computer in the U.S. realized he had vaporized a child... and could not go on

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249252/Brandon-Bryant-Drone-operator-followed-orders-shoot-child--decided-quit.html#ixzz2KRSgaiZD

Read http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/pain-continues-after-war-for-american-drone-pilot-a-872726.html

Listen http://www.cbc.ca/day6/blog/2013/02/08/drones/
deanhills
I've seen so many of these posts. Can't help but wonder if there is a media campaign going on against the war efforts of the US in Afghanistan?
JoryRFerrell
deanhills wrote:
I've seen so many of these posts. Can't help but wonder if there is a media campaign going on against the war efforts of the US in Afghanistan?

Most of my post about the war are not geared towards stopping the war, just changing the way it's fought. I don't support massive armies in other countries. I don't support lax drone strikes in other countries, esp. when we are not even at war with them. I am campaigning against unnecessary force.
deanhills
JoryRFerrell wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Most of my post about the war are not geared towards stopping the war, just changing the way it's fought. I don't support massive armies in other countries. I don't support lax drone strikes in other countries, esp. when we are not even at war with them. I am campaigning against unnecessary force.
I understand that. I just see a lot of this in the media right now. A theme. I've always been suspicious of the media, but something like this just makes me doubly suspicious.
ocalhoun
Well, -1 for the first url being from the daily fail, but thankfully you had other sources to go to.

Yes, the drone strike thing is getting completely out of control. They feel free to kill anyone anywhere anytime with no checks and balances whatsoever -- and coverups when they make a mistake... or worse yet, a 'mistake'.