FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


[UPDATE] zip support





n0xvb
Under DirectAdmin, there is no ability to extract a zip file (in the ftp manager, there is the ability to extract .tar.gz files).

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
Jay

UPDATE:
I've written a 1-liner php script to do the unzip, but now all of the extracted files/directories are owned by apache:apache.

Any way to fix this?
Jay
Bondings
I had the same problem some time ago and then I changed some settings and I thought it was fixed. Apparantly it didn't.

Can you please show me the script you used? I'll try to find a better way.
mwm
n0xvb wrote:
Under DirectAdmin, there is no ability to extract a zip file (in the ftp manager, there is the ability to extract .tar.gz files).

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
Jay

UPDATE:
I've written a 1-liner php script to do the unzip, but now all of the extracted files/directories are owned by apache:apache.

Any way to fix this?
Jay


Not sure exactly what you're trying to do but... Why not unzip then FTP the stuff over to your space?

-mwm
n0obie4life
Did you know that if you are uploading some 1000 files php program or whatever, it'd be better zipping them up then unzipping them on the webserver?

I always do that for my phpBB forum. It saves me 10 minutes of uploading Wink.
n0xvb
n0obie4life wrote:
Did you know that if you are uploading some 1000 files php program or whatever, it'd be better zipping them up then unzipping them on the webserver?

I always do that for my phpBB forum. It saves me 10 minutes of uploading Wink.


Yes nOob you are correct, I would much rather upload 1 file instead of 1000. Shocked

Bondings, here is the script I used to do the unzip, this is what got me into trying to fix problems with files owned by apache:
Code:
<?php system('unzip zipfile'); ?>
raver
ok so i`m lost...i`m trying to upload alot of files, about 1000 or so ..but the damn connection keeps dropping after too many uploads, so..how cna i make one big zip and unzip on the server? should i use that script?
Pls help... i`m wasting points Very Happy
mOrpheuS
n0xvb wrote:
I would much rather upload 1 file instead of 1000. Shocked

As a temporary work around, why not create a .tar.gz from the zip and upload/extract that ?

That way you'll atleast be able to avoid having to upload thousands of files or ending up with apache owned files.

Confused
raver
uhm..so i gues there is a way to create a tar.gz archive in windows....and i upload it...but how do i untar.gz-it in DirectAdmin?
n0xvb
raver wrote:
uhm..so i gues there is a way to create a tar.gz archive in windows....and i upload it...but how do i untar.gz-it in DirectAdmin?


After you upload the file, you will see an option to Extract the file (in the same place as Copy and Rename). Just click on that and it will show you what the results will be and ask you to confirm it. The tar support is awesome in DirectAdmin.
Related topics
open .rar with winzip?
Use php to extract archives
Why won't my PC hibernate?
Zip and Unzip in DirectAdmin's File Manager
Tech Support
751 Useful Windows XP Files
Installing, Partitioning & Formatting HDDs
Zipping in cpanel
Choosing a Distro
7-zip
[MySQL] Client does not support authentication protocol
PHPNuke installation problem
What football team do u support?
WoW-How To Install AddOns And Best AddOns
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.