FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Where is Bondings?





twotrophy
Has anyone noticed that Bondings has not been posting for a long time? His number of points recently became negative. This means that he has not been posting for at least 1.5 months. I understand that he might be busy but I feel worried about him because he is unusually inactive. I remember sending private messages (PM) to him which he would often reply. He doesn't seem to reply any more. I heard that in the early days of Frihost, he was one of the top posters. Does anyone have contact with him? I do miss him as well.
Peterssidan
He posted yesterday.
deanhills
@twotrophy. When Bondings started Frihost he was a student, so had plenty of time to make a large number of posts. Time has changed however, he must have graduated and probably is earning his living right now. I'd imagine if he had set very high standards for himself for his involvement in the Forum along the lines of making posts, he'd have to give up on Frihost as he just doesn't have the time available. Instead, he invests the time that he does have available according to priorities. First priority is the performance of the servers and the quality of our Websites. I know he checks on them on a daily or twice daily basis. If there is time left after that, he attends to technical support questions in the support section of the Forum. And if there is time left after that, probably would check through some of the posts in the other sub-forums and may make the odd one of his own or reply to the odd PM.

For all of the rest Bondings depends on an excellent group of staff and probably expects us to contact them for daily stuff or seek help from our fellow members in the support sub-forums. But yes, I miss him too and every post of his is usually a winner for me.

I think the only time when any of us need to worry is when something is up with the Website space. I remember we had that situation with Server 4 for a while, and guess who was on almost 24 hours a day to get it fixed? Then soon after that Server 4 was moved to above average quality space in Germany, in essence upgrading the quality of our Website space. Those who had experienced downtime were given generous increases in their disk space and bandwidth as a special bonus. The three other servers joined Server four a couple of months later, as well as our bandwidth and disk space allotments were increased across the board as well.

For me that is dedication in the right place. I'd far rather have that, than Bondings has to give up on Frihost because he doesn't have enough time to make cosmetic modifications to the Forum or post regularly. I wish of course for all of our suggestions in the suggestions forum to come true one day, and I really like his posts. But for me the main ingredients are all in excellent shape.
twotrophy
Thank you Deanhills for your clarification. So it turns out that Bondings is okay. I am a student as well so I have a lot of free time as well. By the way, how did you manage to find the time to post often every single day? It seems that you are one of the top posters in Frihost. Once again thank you for your lengthy post. I would be generous enough to donate another coin to you for helping me. You also inspire me to try to make my posts longer and with more quality.
deanhills
twotrophy wrote:
By the way, how did you manage to find the time to post often every single day?
It's not about time. I love posting and I love posting at Frihost. I don't think there's another Forum like this on the Internet. I also like the users over here. We've got some great characters posting here.
twotrophy
deanhills wrote:
I don't think there's another Forum like this on the Internet.


I strongly agree. Frihost is like Facebook except that you would learn valuable information from posts as well as you can talk to strangers safely thanks to the strict rules on the forum. You can also debate between each other on politics especially on world news. Also, online slang is not allowed on Frihost which means that proper grammar and tenses are required which means that you can improve your grammar and vocabulary on Frihost.

I have seen at least one other forum which I forgot that offers free domain names for posting as well. However, I am not interested in it because it is much more fun on Frihost. Frihost isn't free about domain names or hosting, it is about the interactions between users. A truly unique website.
cybersa
deanhills wrote:
@twotrophy. When Bondings started Frihost he was a student, so had plenty of time to make a large number of posts. Time has changed however, he must have graduated and probably is earning his living right now. I'd imagine if he had set very high standards for himself for his involvement in the Forum along the lines of making posts, he'd have to give up on Frihost as he just doesn't have the time available. Instead, he invests the time that he does have available according to priorities. First priority is the performance of the servers and the quality of our Websites. I know he checks on them on a daily or twice daily basis. If there is time left after that, he attends to technical support questions in the support section of the Forum. And if there is time left after that, probably would check through some of the posts in the other sub-forums and may make the odd one of his own or reply to the odd PM.

For all of the rest Bondings depends on an excellent group of staff and probably expects us to contact them for daily stuff or seek help from our fellow members in the support sub-forums. But yes, I miss him too and every post of his is usually a winner for me.

I think the only time when any of us need to worry is when something is up with the Website space. I remember we had that situation with Server 4 for a while, and guess who was on almost 24 hours a day to get it fixed? Then soon after that Server 4 was moved to above average quality space in Germany, in essence upgrading the quality of our Website space. Those who had experienced downtime were given generous increases in their disk space and bandwidth as a special bonus. The three other servers joined Server four a couple of months later, as well as our bandwidth and disk space allotments were increased across the board as well.

For me that is dedication in the right place. I'd far rather have that, than Bondings has to give up on Frihost because he doesn't have enough time to make cosmetic modifications to the Forum or post regularly. I wish of course for all of our suggestions in the suggestions forum to come true one day, and I really like his posts. But for me the main ingredients are all in excellent shape.


Really good explanation for his question.

Helpful for others who ask about Bondings. Wink
inuyasha
Surprised that Bondings was still a student~ I thought he were around 10 years older than me~
Very Happy
zimmer
Peterssidan wrote:
He posted yesterday.


Good to that he was posting.

Frihost is stable now and i think bonding is not worried on the frihost since he knows it works fine even thou he is doing some other task.

The only worries on the member is that if they request such as newuser hosting, domain name, changes on domain may cause delay but i think bonding will do it all our request if he has time visitng his account and emails.

I
Possum
Bonding is the best..

Quote:
Frihost is like Facebook
I think Frihost is like Facebook for the very smart computer persons..
chasbeen
Helped a user log into a lost account today,,,
RosenCruz
Lol, looks like he is being followed Smile
standready
zimmer wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
He posted yesterday.

The only worries on the member is that if they request such as newuser hosting, domain name, changes on domain may cause delay but i think bonding will do it all our request if he has time visitng his account and emails.


I am waiting on domain renewal but still have about 15 days before panic.
Ghost Rider103
He is still around, no need to worry!

Personally, after being on Frihost for so long, it's hard for me to still post on a daily basis (not that I ever used to). I find it hard to actually want to write a long post every single day though.

I log in everyday still... I don't always do much. Bondings also logs in on a daily basis, probably doesn't get the time to post every single day either. I'm sure he still reads and takes care of other back-end stuff.

He's always around for emergencies though, so no need to worry. Keep on posting! Very Happy
foumy6
Though he may not be posting much in the forums, as I have learned he is pretty much always working in the background, so if you really need help from him a simple pm followed by some patience will go a long way. Smile
twotrophy
I should consider myself lucky for being able to post almost every single day. I can post up to several times each day. Not everyone is able to post as much as I do because of not having enough time. Thanks to smartphones, many users are now able to most more often than in the past few years when only few people had old smartphones such as Blackberries which were not very good then. Data was also very expensive just a few years ago and you had to be careful for this reason.
playfungames
I just think that it would be cool if we could have on-site notifications about replies on posts that we made. That way people would really follow up to the posts that they did. That would make more people active and stop us questioning where people went.

Edit: I am glad that Bondings is active now.
truespeed
playfungames wrote:
I just think that it would be cool if we could have on-site notifications about replies on posts that we made. That way people would really follow up to the posts that they did. That would make more people active and stop us questioning where people went.

.


You have an email notification option when you make a post.

Or if you are on site just go to view your posts.
Blaster
You slowly learn that as time goes on things become less important. Bondings was quite regular here back when I first started. He did a lot to this website in that short time. Its nice to see where this place has come. Its also nice to see that he still pays the bills so that we can continue to have free web hosting because I know that I am using my free hosting still and that it helps me run my business. Its one less thing I have to pay for. I try my best to get here some times but with being a Full time student plus working full time and in my spare time I live and run with a volunteer firehouse time just doesn't allow me to come here like it did when I was a 14 year old kid.
twotrophy
Blaster wrote:
You slowly learn that as time goes on things become less important. Bondings was quite regular here back when I first started. He did a lot to this website in that short time. Its nice to see where this place has come. Its also nice to see that he still pays the bills so that we can continue to have free web hosting because I know that I am using my free hosting still and that it helps me run my business. Its one less thing I have to pay for. I try my best to get here some times but with being a Full time student plus working full time and in my spare time I live and run with a volunteer firehouse time just doesn't allow me to come here like it did when I was a 14 year old kid.


Thank you for your important advice. I am still a student although I am not going to tell my exact age because it is sensitive information on Frihost. I heard that Bondings was a student when he first started this website. By the way, Bondings also said that he would increase the disk space limit on web hosting. Hopefully, this means that there would be extra bandwidth as well although I am not using the free web hosting services. However, I would probably be using the free web hosting services some time in the future if I get an idea of building a certain type of website in the future. I also did not expect this thread to be so popular.

Update: You might also want to request a point reset to 0 because your point count has gone way below 0 which would be almost impossible to get back to 0.
RoylanM
He's doing just fine I hope. he's probably got caught up in work or soemthing.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
You slowly learn that as time goes on things become less important. Bondings was quite regular here back when I first started. He did a lot to this website in that short time. Its nice to see where this place has come. Its also nice to see that he still pays the bills so that we can continue to have free web hosting because I know that I am using my free hosting still and that it helps me run my business. Its one less thing I have to pay for. I try my best to get here some times but with being a Full time student plus working full time and in my spare time I live and run with a volunteer firehouse time just doesn't allow me to come here like it did when I was a 14 year old kid.
Totally happy to see you posting Blaster. Hope all is going well with the studies and full time work and full time hobby.
twotrophy
deanhills wrote:
Totally happy to see you posting Blaster. Hope all is going well with the studies and full time work and full time hobby.


It is good that Blaster has finally came on. But Blaster has been posting regularly for the past 1 month. I guess that I have much more free time than most people. I post as often as you (Deanhills) do since I post more than once daily.
deanhills
twotrophy wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Totally happy to see you posting Blaster. Hope all is going well with the studies and full time work and full time hobby.


It is good that Blaster has finally came on. But Blaster has been posting regularly for the past 1 month. I guess that I have much more free time than most people. I post as often as you (Deanhills) do since I post more than once daily.
You certainly are. Mine is not a question of having free time available, more like I love Frihost and I can't help to make it a priority.
Aredon
I really wish I had more time to post, but one of the things I definitely love about this forum and the community we have here is how well you guys understand that we all have lives. I'm yet to be yelled at for my negative score (which I'm sure has been a while now), and try as I might I just don't have the time I used to. blah blah, I appreciate all of you. Very Happy
the-guide
Surprisingly, I never known about this side of him before.
Never known that he provided Frihost service while he is just a student.
Thanks to deanhills that let me known about this and
thanks to Bonding for your valuable time spent on Frihost even you are very busy.
twotrophy
the-guide wrote:
Surprisingly, I never known about this side of him before.
Never known that he provided Frihost service while he is just a student.
Thanks to deanhills that let me known about this and
thanks to Bonding for your valuable time spent on Frihost even you are very busy.


This post made me appreciate Bondings even more. I did not appreciate what he did until I came across this post. Thank you Bondings for everything especially with free domains, good hosting and running this site for almost 9 years. I hope Bondings sees this.

Update: May 4
I've noticed that Bondings was much more active just 6 months ago. Take a look at this:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_id=1639405015&
He somehow became more and more inactive throughout the months. I hope that this thread would attract his attention. I consider Frihost to be the most reliable (in terms of trustability) free web host. Thank you Bondings.
Ankhanu
Bondings has been primarily working behind the scenes in recent months. He still logs in, does some work on the hosting and maintenance side of things and pops back out. Don't worry, just because he's not posting doesn't mean he's not around.
deanhills
@Ankhanu. To be truthful, I haven't seen Bondings around in quite a while. Not even in an invisible capacity. It is true that he usually works behind the scenes, however off late, at least the last month of April, he has not been around. Not that that should be cause for worry as I'm dead certain if anything should get out of kilter that he has set things up that he'd be the first to know.

Only thing I'm worried about right now is Server 1 load has been spiking in an enormous range. There has to be a delinquent account somewhere. I've reported it in the Frihost support section and hope that Bondings can be made aware of it.
Ankhanu
He's been around, though it's been a couple days since he last logged in to the forum; though much more recently than you think.
Hopefully the server spike issue will be handled quickly!
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
He's been around, though it's been a couple days since he last logged in to the forum; though much more recently than you think.
Hopefully the server spike issue will be handled quickly!
Nice to know Ankhanu.
twotrophy
Ankhanu wrote:
He's been around, though it's been a couple days since he last logged in to the forum; though much more recently than you think.
Hopefully the server spike issue will be handled quickly!


Ankhanu, is there a way to find out when a username last logged in? If there isn't, I think such a system should be implemented so that people would stop asking whether a username is inactive or has quit Frihost. Thank you all for reviving this thread.
deanhills
twotrophy wrote:
I think such a system should be implemented so that people would stop asking whether a username is inactive or has quit Frihost. Thank you all for reviving this thread.
Great idea twotrophy. Would be great to have it incorporated in our profiles, so when we click on our linked name, the profile would show the date and time of our last visit. I think that is a stat that quite a large number of Forums have as well.
Peterssidan
phpBB3 has that feature. Bondings always logs in as "hidden" so maybe he don't want us to know.
manfer
twotrophy wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
He's been around, though it's been a couple days since he last logged in to the forum; though much more recently than you think.
Hopefully the server spike issue will be handled quickly!


Ankhanu, is there a way to find out when a username last logged in? If there isn't, I think such a system should be implemented so that people would stop asking whether a username is inactive or has quit Frihost. Thank you all for reviving this thread.


I don't know why something like that should be implemented. If someone has decided to don't share when he is online or what was his last log why the system has to force him to do.

I think nowadays some people has started to think that we have the right to know everything about others because of all of the social networks that reveal a lot or the infamous revelation of last log of whatsapp for example (that they purposely, I don't know why, has decided to don't give the option to disable on android),... But still there is something called privacy that is a right that everyone has and that is an important right for people and that has to be protected.
Ankhanu
Aye, it's possible, but not turned on here. If I recall correctly from some of the phpBB2 boards I've set up in the past, it's on by default, so if it's not anymore, that was a choice to disable it.
deanhills
manfer wrote:
twotrophy wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
He's been around, though it's been a couple days since he last logged in to the forum; though much more recently than you think.
Hopefully the server spike issue will be handled quickly!


Ankhanu, is there a way to find out when a username last logged in? If there isn't, I think such a system should be implemented so that people would stop asking whether a username is inactive or has quit Frihost. Thank you all for reviving this thread.


I don't know why something like that should be implemented. If someone has decided to don't share when he is online or what was his last log why the system has to force him to do.

I think nowadays some people has started to think that we have the right to know everything about others because of all of the social networks that reveal a lot or the infamous revelation of last log of whatsapp for example (that they purposely, I don't know why, has decided to don't give the option to disable on android),... But still there is something called privacy that is a right that everyone has and that is an important right for people and that has to be protected.

I don't think Twotrophy's intention was to breach any person's need for privacy. It's not a novel suggestion. Quite a large number of Forums include the date and time of their members' last visit in their profiles as a standard feature of the Forum software they are using. As far as I know phpBB has it as a standard feature with phpBB2 and phpBB3, so does myBB and vBulletin. It is information that can't be harmful from a confidentiality point of view, and could be useful to ascertain whether the member is still active in the Forum.
manfer
deanhills wrote:

I don't think Twotrophy's intention was to breach any person's need for privacy. It's not a novel suggestion. Quite a large number of Forums include the date and time of their members' last visit in their profiles as a standard feature of the Forum software they are using. As far as I know phpBB has it as a standard feature with phpBB2 and phpBB3, so does myBB and vBulletin. It is information that can't be harmful from a confidentiality point of view, and could be useful to ascertain whether the member is still active in the Forum.


As far as I know this forum has the option to hide if you are logged in (by default not active) if you want to do it for whatever reason. If the forum were revealing when you last logged in that option wouldn't make any sense. And that's private data that you must be free to share or not. The feature is available for all of us in our profiles as an option.

And about other forums software, vBulletin has that invisible mode too, myBB has that feature too, phpBB has that feature too even in pphBB3, ...

It is not a security issue, not any data "that can harm you", but it is privacy.

When you hide your status online obviously the last log time has to stop working (it is hidden too) on that account (and I can confirm in pphBB3 works that way and I suppose the same on any other forum software).
deanhills
manfer wrote:
When you hide your status online obviously the last log time has to stop working (it is hidden too) on that account (and I can confirm in pphBB3 works that way and I suppose the same on any other forum software).
I'm all for privacy. Maybe even on the extreme end of it. I'm all for the right to have a hidden status when you're online. I can't see however how the "hidden status" could be impacted by a record of "date of last visit". Even if the last visit is shown as a "current time", the person could still be hidden. There is also the option at Frihost to hide your user page. So those who don't want people to know this kind of information could opt out of it by hiding their user page.

I can't imagine that any of us would be waiting to check on every one's whereabouts though. We'd probably be more inclined to use the information for when we need to get in contact with another member or the Staff.

For example if a new person should check on which Moderator to contact, if we had a feature for "date of last visit" the person may be able to know that X, Y, Z will not be responding in a while, and move on to the next staff, who is active by checking in the same way. Someone may want to contact me (I often get people writing to me by virtue of being a bulk poster), if I did not respond, they would be able to check my profile to see when last I had logged in and that way pick up on that I may be away.

Any way, in the scope of things that need to be done it is not an enormous biggie. I just don't see how it would invade any person's privacy, and if that person felt it would, he/she always has the option to have their user page hidden.
twotrophy
deanhills wrote:

I don't think Twotrophy's intention was to breach any person's need for privacy. It's not a novel suggestion. Quite a large number of Forums include the date and time of their members' last visit in their profiles as a standard feature of the Forum software they are using. As far as I know phpBB has it as a standard feature with phpBB2 and phpBB3, so does myBB and vBulletin. It is information that can't be harmful from a confidentiality point of view, and could be useful to ascertain whether the member is still active in the Forum.


Thank you Deanhills for supporting my suggestion. An opt-in option instead of an opt-out option would be better to respect the privacy of users.
manfer
deanhills wrote:
I can't see however how the "hidden status" could be impacted by a record of "date of last visit". Even if the last visit is shown as a "current time", the person could still be hidden...


If the system gives a user the option to hide his status but then it shows the date or datetime of last visit (last log) then anyone can just track that date to know when you login (so online) and the hide status hasn't any purpose (or not the whole intended purpose) any more.

About the members contacting the staff is probably the exact reason why many staff members of many forums decide to hide their status. Mostly on those that require support because many people abuse PMs for support (some people think a PM system is a chat) even when there are specific forums for that.

Showing the last log as any forum system is doing (hiding it when invisible mode is on) is just fine.

About that option to hide the user page that could be used to hide that last log (if that is the only place where last log is shown*) it is true but should better had nothing to do with hiding the last log as it is not on phpBB3 (and I suppose all others) already.

--------------------------------------------------------

*not good solution because if for some reason later that data is shown in other places would be revealed if the coder forgets to code the hiding condition. From a coder perspective would be better that private data comes out blank when requested if it is hidden and no matter at all in which page that data is going to be presented. So the code would be something similar than this.

Code:
class User {

private $lastLog;
private $invisible;

public function getLastLog() {
  if ($this->invisible === TRUE) return "-"; else return $this->lastLog;
}

}
deanhills
manfer wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I can't see however how the "hidden status" could be impacted by a record of "date of last visit". Even if the last visit is shown as a "current time", the person could still be hidden...


If the system gives a user the option to hide his status but then it shows the date or datetime of last visit (last log) then anyone can just track that date to know when you login (so online) and the hide status hasn't any purpose (or not the whole intended purpose) any more.
The user has the option to hide that information. As that information would only appear on the user page. And at Frihost one has the option to hide the user page.

manfer wrote:
About the members contacting the staff is probably the exact reason why many staff members of many forums decide to hide their status. Mostly on those that require support because many people abuse PMs for support (some people think a PM system is a chat) even when there are specific forums for that.
Sounds logical that staff would prefer communication via the Board in the support sub-forums or report form rather than PMs, but there are instances where approaching the staff may be called for. If you check Bondings' signature he is encouraging people to remind him of things instead of discouraging them to PM him, so he must have an open door policy as far as PMs go. Staff of course can always choose to ignore a PM if it is a nonsense PM or if the staff has insufficient time to deal with the PM/s.

manfer wrote:
About that option to hide the user page that could be used to hide that last log (if that is the only place where last log is shown*) it is true but should better had nothing to do with hiding the last log as it is not on phpBB3 (and I suppose all others) already.
It is unique to Bondings who coded it. Everything around Frihost is pretty much unique in that way. Which is why we are still on phpBB1 as to upgrade the Frihost phpBB1 Forum with all of its special coding I can imagine would be enormously time consuming. I'm sure if Bondings should ever think of doing something like what has been suggested in this thread (I doubt it though because of time constraints and not high in priority) he would code it in a way that would be very novel as well as fair to those who are concerned about their privacy.
twotrophy
I wonder what would Bondings reply if he sees this suggestion and has the time to reply to it. I wonder why Bondings does not have the time to post every few days. I currently have exams almost every day right now but I still have enough time to post and study every day. Maybe managing Frihost has been too much for him for 8 years. He might want to consider getting someone as an assistant to help him. Also, my hosting request has not been handled for a long time now. I hope that it gets approved within a few more weeks.
RoylanM
I think we've not considered that Bondings may be working to keep his domain and pay his bills. People can be very busy and they just have to do what they can to keep things running for them. I've lately been busy with work and wedding planning (I'm getting married) and a lot of other stuff which disabled me to be on FriHost to post. I wouldn't be surprised if our Administrator has similar things going on.
twotrophy
RoylanM wrote:
I think we've not considered that Bondings may be working to keep his domain and pay his bills. People can be very busy and they just have to do what they can to keep things running for them. I've lately been busy with work and wedding planning (I'm getting married) and a lot of other stuff which disabled me to be on FriHost to post. I wouldn't be surprised if our Administrator has similar things going on.


I hope that the money generated from advertisments would be enough to pay the bills for the VPSes and domains because it would be very bad if Bondings has to use his own personal money to do so. AdSense pays even when people view pages with advertisments in them but not click on them.
IceCreamTruck
I wonder how many months before he's finally tricked into posting on this thread! Smile

He owns the place, so he doesn't have to post as himself. I suspect you all! Even deanhills, even though he says he's watching blocked youtube videos in the UAE.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I wonder how many months before he's finally tricked into posting on this thread! Smile

He owns the place, so he doesn't have to post as himself. I suspect you all! Even deanhills, even though he says he's watching blocked youtube videos in the UAE.
lol think DH has just been BUSTED .... Laughing

IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:


Cute.
twotrophy
Good news. Bondings has posted a few times recently. Most of his posts are related to the server 1 problem. He appears to come online when we least expect it.
IceCreamTruck
twotrophy wrote:
He appears to come online when we least expect it.


Maybe he's fighting zombies?!?! Nothing like fighting a few million zombies in the dark because the power is out to make browsing the internet a little difficult. This may not be true, but I assure you he's somewhere being a hero. He's like superman... he only shows up when you're in real trouble.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
twotrophy wrote:
He appears to come online when we least expect it.


Maybe he's fighting zombies?!?! Nothing like fighting a few million zombies in the dark because the power is out to make browsing the internet a little difficult. This may not be true, but I assure you he's somewhere being a hero. He's like superman... he only shows up when you're in real trouble.
Aye is that ever the truth ... he's just baled us out BIG time.

IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
twotrophy wrote:
He appears to come online when we least expect it.


Maybe he's fighting zombies?!?! Nothing like fighting a few million zombies in the dark because the power is out to make browsing the internet a little difficult. This may not be true, but I assure you he's somewhere being a hero. He's like superman... he only shows up when you're in real trouble.
Aye is that ever the truth ... he's just baled us out BIG time.



What happened? The people here need to know.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
twotrophy wrote:
He appears to come online when we least expect it.


Maybe he's fighting zombies?!?! Nothing like fighting a few million zombies in the dark because the power is out to make browsing the internet a little difficult. This may not be true, but I assure you he's somewhere being a hero. He's like superman... he only shows up when you're in real trouble.
Aye is that ever the truth ... he's just baled us out BIG time.



What happened? The people here need to know.
Someone attacked a Website on Server 1 and then through the attack managed to hack into the server and delete some of the directories so the server could not reboot. Bondings had to back up everything on Server 1 first to a different server, then reinstall the operating system of Server 1, then configure it, then had to recreate all of the users, put the account data back so cPanel could recognize it. We're now in the recovery phase where the last bugs are being sorted out. All of it represented hours of dedication with total uninterrupted focus on the solution. Cool
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Someone attacked a Website on Server 1 and then through the attack managed to hack into the server and delete some of the directories so the server could not reboot. Bondings had to back up everything on Server 1 first to a different server, then reinstall the operating system of Server 1, then configure it, then had to recreate all of the users, put the account data back so cPanel could recognize it. We're now in the recovery phase where the last bugs are being sorted out. All of it represented hours of dedication with total uninterrupted focus on the solution. Cool


See, this is what I was saying. He's a hero, so I don't require him to post all the time. I like it when he does though.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Someone attacked a Website on Server 1 and then through the attack managed to hack into the server and delete some of the directories so the server could not reboot. Bondings had to back up everything on Server 1 first to a different server, then reinstall the operating system of Server 1, then configure it, then had to recreate all of the users, put the account data back so cPanel could recognize it. We're now in the recovery phase where the last bugs are being sorted out. All of it represented hours of dedication with total uninterrupted focus on the solution. Cool


See, this is what I was saying. He's a hero, so I don't require him to post all the time. I like it when he does though.
True, just like Superman, the way you said before. You're a genius .... Cool Laughing
Related topics
banners/logos for frihost
How to become a millionaire on the internet?
Paid Hosting
The Official FriHost IRC Channel!
make your own Dynamic Einstein picture...
i cant upload an avatar ....
Un-official ask mOrpheuS something thread
Rules Enforcement
Wordpress mu?
PLEASE CLOSE - Open Letter of Invitation to FriHost Staff...
Downtime as usual..
salvaging an account
WebDAV workaround for Frihost
Where is Bondings?
Guess where Bondings is for 100 coins
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.