FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The situation on the labor market in your county

davorin
Hi.
First at all, I apologize on my English. I still need a lot of practice.

My question is, what is situacion on labor market for engineers.
And I mean softvare, chemical, math and so on.

Thanks for your answers.
davorin
As a new member of the EU, I can only say, do not come here. Flee, because you will eat up the bureaucracy.
Soon we will seek money from the IMF. What if there is someone to receive the refugees, I would let us know. Because soon, we'll all be refugees.
davorin
Okay, what's the situation with unemployment in your country.
Do you have jobs and those that are looking for jobs. Where is the lack of people and where the excess.
Do you looking for engineers in mathematics and chemistry.
Can you give me some first-hand information?
greeting
Nick2008
The United States has a very hectic and unpredictable job market. Often times it defies expert projections.

Do you have jobs and those that are looking for jobs. Where is the lack of people and where the excess.
Lack of People: Engineering, Science, Medical, Trades, Mechanics, and Computer fields
Excess: Arts, Graphics, Film, Fitness

Do you looking for engineers in mathematics and chemistry.
Yes, qualified workers in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields are in high demand in the United States and in much of the Western world.

Can you give me some first-hand information?
Engineering has been considered the "hardest job to fill" in the past years:
http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/03/hard-jobs-fill-leadership-careers-employment.html

In addition, many mechanics and tradesmen are retiring this decade yet not enough people are pursuing vocational education.
standready
@Nick2008
I agree engineering is in high demand but many positions go unfilled because companies have extremely tight qualifications. example: requirement - B.S. in Engineering (agree), 10 years experience with piping in a refinery (crazy).
Company did not like my 12 years of piping in the chemical industry so I was told. 6 months later, position is still available.
Nick2008
standready wrote:
B.S. in Engineering (agree), 10 years experience with piping in a refinery (crazy).
Company did not like my 12 years of piping in the chemical industry so I was told. 6 months later, position is still available.

Wow, that IS crazy, a minimum of 10 years of experience with piping in a refinery? That is some requirements gone bonkers right there.

I'm puzzled as to why the company did not accept your 12 years experience of piping in the chemical industry? What was so special/different about their job that they chose not to hire you? I'm no expert on piping, but I'm wondering how "piping in the chemical industry" isn't comparable to "piping in a refinery"?