FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A shared project

truespeed
I would like to start a top10 of everything type blog,not just top 10s,but top any number,for example,top 10 animals I would least like to find in my garden when I got home,some serious some funny,some just.....

I was wondering if anyone would like to join in with such a project,profits could be split if it becomes successful.

I think a maximum of 5 people would be best as too many would mean too little monies to share around should there be more.

Oh and any ideas for a url would be helpful.

Just an idea.
foumy6
I think that it sounds like a really fun cool idea, and I would be willing to be part of it. Smile I like to make just random lists like this, but the funny part is that I still but sometimes to much thought into my choices Razz
deanhills
Sounds like a great idea Truespeed. Wish I had more time available, as not sure I could be a reliable contributor along the lines you're visualizing. I could give it a bash however.

I like the name you've already used: Top10 or Top10-anything, Top10-ultimate, along those lines.
truespeed
I want to avoid the number 10 in the url,just because they don't always have to be top 10s,or lists of 10 which would be a more accurate way of wording things,you could for example have "5 fictional detectives" or "45 US presidents".

With the url I think it would have to be a .com,I just thought of "listory" but it has already been taken,it is available in other extensions but ideally a .com would be best.

There are already quite a few of these type of sites out there,so they are popular,at the same time there is a lot of competition,but with a few outside of the box lists and cleverly worded titles I don't see why another couldn't be successful.
deanhills
How about listerrific?
truespeed
The .com has already gone. Smile
truespeed
How about "Titlists"

Quote:
The holder of a competitive title; a champion:

The only negative for this one would be the word "tit" in front of lists. Smile

A single word .com domain though,they are rare.
truespeed
Shortlists is there for quite a few extensions,but sadly and inevitabley not .com.
foumy6
hmmmm what about any of these
listopia
tidbitlist
tidlist
tops

Thats all I got. Sorry I am to tired to be creative today Razz. Havnt checked any of these just thought of them.
deanhills
Tidlist sounds good foumy. It would be easy to remember.

Two others I've thought about - but maybe they're taken:

marvelist

fablist
foumy6
if you look at www.tidlist.com it is just a default page generated by godaddy, so I am not quite sure what is going on there Confused probably one of those people that go "Oh I'm gonna make a website woopie!" then see all the work it actually takes and quit.
truespeed
Here is the type of site I was thinking we should be trying to emulate,there are lots of lists type sites out there but most are rubbish,just lists,no quality written articles,I think if we get this going there should be a degree of quality control.

In terms of the url,I think possibly a memorable branded made up name might be best.
Pande
So basically Cracked.com?
truespeed
Along them lines yeah,there are lots of examples of those type of sites on the net,some more successful and better than others,there is plenty of room for another,if it is quality it will succeed.
Magicman
I've noticed many of those list type sites tend to repeat themselves for copy from other sites. If you manage to create a site with a lot of good original content, you might be able to gain considerable traffic on your site.

Getting good content would be tricky and time consuming. Cracked.com has several full time writers and editors and any project hoping to compete would need dedicated writers. Good luck with this project!