FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Techs: HELP! I need to render ~gigapixel photo montages

Josso
Hello people I have encountered a problem. I need a very large image file so I can split it into chunks compatible with the Google maps interface (I am presuming). What I want to do is put a bunch of scale photos together in a huge patchwork, and also there can't be an upper render limit because I am talking possibly 1000s upon 1000s of photos here. I want to make a zoomable flash thing that is made up of all the images ever posted on a particular forum.

Any suggestions? I understand I might have to split them but I am splitting them anyway to be displayed in a browser, how do I make a continuous non repeating image canvas if I've having to render like 200MP chunks (this is shape collage's upper limit for example)
wellerchap
You may be waiting some time, for an answer to your question Shocked
Very Happy
Pande
take note of how those programs are doing it. They stitch individual images and only render the next image when needed, and more importantly they do not keep the previous images for long in the video RAM. Are expecting your client to load 100gb of images all at once?[/b]