FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Iran's newest combat jet

zaxacongrejo
Iran's newest combat jet

Iran unveiled this week its newest combat jet, a Iranian manufactured fighter-bomber that military officials claim can evade radar.
Qaher 313 is the name of her newest plane. Tehran has repeatedly announced the development of advanced military technologies in the latest years but this cannot be verified.
Since the beginning of the 90s Iran has produced its own tanks,, missiles, torpedoes, armored personnel carriers ,drones ,fighter planes, etc .
The Qaher 313 is a radar-evading plane that can fly at low altitude, carry weapons, and engage enemy aircraft's and land at short airstrips so if Iran is not looking for war/confrontation why the hell do they need so much military power?
Nick2008
zaxacongrejo wrote:

The Qaher 313 is a radar-evading plane that can fly at low altitude, carry weapons, and engage enemy aircraft's and land at short airstrips so if Iran is not looking for war/confrontation why the hell do they need so much military power?

If Iran has the capacity and funding to make such projects, then it's their right to develop such military technology. Why would they invest money in something that's second-rate? Just like any country they want to have the best and most advanced equipment available and they'll pursue that by all means. Both the United States and Israel have aircraft like this and both of these countries have suggested they'll consider using military force against Iran, so it's only natural that Iran wants to develop something that can effectively stand up to their enemies' capabilities.
twotrophy
The only thing that I am against is the technology to be undetected by radars. To some extent, I believe that every country has the right to develop technology such as fighter jets and guns but not when it causes tensions or affects relationships with other countries. The USA and other countries should do more to promote peace by persuading or signing peace treaties with other countries. Tensions would definitely increase. Is this against international law? What is the risk of a war that involves Iran? I think that the USA is also responsible for escalating tensions by sanctioning them. I still disagree with using military force against Iran because that would kill innocent people which is a human rights violation.
handfleisch
zaxacongrejo wrote:
so if Iran is not looking for war/confrontation why the hell do they need so much military power?
The US occupation of Iraq proved to Iran that they had better get a strong military capability in order to discourage any invasion.
LxGoodies
Yeah I noticed it, there are youtube videos of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fcfSf3QQh-E#!

This is a weapons fair where an empty carcas is shown. I can't find any pictures of that airplane actually flying.

Remember how it went with JSF (Joint Strike Fighter).. they first put out the big news (this kind of pictures) and 8 years later they had a first flight. Another 6 years later the fighter has not been delivered yet to customers and meanwhile.. the price goes up 400%

Weapons industry tricks.. Guess.. this hoax is propaganda ! it will take the Iranians another 20 years at least, to get this thing up and flying

Lx
coolclay
I am sure they just made the frame, aimed some radar signals at it and it didn't detect it. And now they announce to the world they've produced an undetectable jet fighter! I guess it's a step, but yea I agree probably at least 10 years away.
RosenCruz
Well it is clear that Iran is enjoying some propaganda here. But I have to admit that they are working hard to achieve sth in aviation.

This video claims that jet flying is the newest Iranian battle jet.

At least they are trying and doing sth. Not acting like a little puppet just as some middle eastern countries do.
LxGoodies
it is not.. the flying one is a MIG fighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_GZL24DAf4&feature=player_embedded
JoryRFerrell
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Iran's newest combat jet

Iran unveiled this week its newest combat jet, a Iranian manufactured fighter-bomber that military officials claim can evade radar.
Qaher 313 is the name of her newest plane. Tehran has repeatedly announced the development of advanced military technologies in the latest years but this cannot be verified.
Since the beginning of the 90s Iran has produced its own tanks,, missiles, torpedoes, armored personnel carriers ,drones ,fighter planes, etc .

Ok...we (America) aren't looking for war and the ability to murder unnecessarily right? Why is it that when they(Middle Easterner's) want enormous amounts of weapons and tech, you consider it "unnecessary", but when America ALREADY OWNS NUCLEAR WEAPONS, DRONES, TOMAHAWKS, ETC., you don't have anything to say besides "HURRAY AMERICA!!!!"?
Don't Iranian's have a right to arm themselves to the same degree as America? Doesn't Iran have the same right to view our weapons and continuous additions to our arsenal with the same suspicion?
Isn't it hypocritical to say Iran's weapons are a clear sign of malevolent intent, but our arsenal is nothing but a force of the good? Rolling Eyes
deanhills
JoryRFerrell wrote:
Isn't it hypocritical to say Iran's weapons are a clear sign of malevolent intent, but our arsenal is nothing but a force of the good? Rolling Eyes
You mean the difference between someone like Obama with his finger on the proverbial red button or Imam Khomeini?

I'd say it is a fact that the US nuclear weapons are mostly for defensive purposes and that of Iran more for offensive. First target no doubt in my mind will be Iraq. I hope Iran won't actually deploy its weapons, but it would be able to get Iraq to submit to Iran by just aiming at Iraq. Iran has quite a number of scores to settle with a good number of countries, including the US of course.
mqmpakistani
LxGoodies wrote:
Yeah I noticed it, there are youtube videos of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fcfSf3QQh-E#!

This is a weapons fair where an empty carcas is shown. I can't find any pictures of that airplane actually flying.

Remember how it went with JSF (Joint Strike Fighter).. they first put out the big news (this kind of pictures) and 8 years later they had a first flight. Another 6 years later the fighter has not been delivered yet to customers and meanwhile.. the price goes up 400%

Weapons industry tricks.. Guess.. this hoax is propaganda ! it will take the Iranians another 20 years at least, to get this thing up and flying

Lx

The case of Iran is different.

US has a lot of other fighter jets ready for the combat, so they were not in hurry of any type.

But Iran has no fighter jets (modern one) and no chance to get any from abroad even from China and Russia due to the sanctions.

So Iran is facing a situation, where either they have to complete this project very fast, or to risk of having absolutely no air force.

Iran is cornered, and a cornered nation is dangerous one and uses all it's abilities to get limited success.
mqmpakistani
deanhills wrote:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
You mean the difference between someone like Obama with his finger on the proverbial red button or Imam Khomeini?

I'd say it is a fact that the US nuclear weapons are mostly for defensive purposes and that of Iran more for offensive. First target no doubt in my mind will be Iraq. I hope Iran won't actually deploy its weapons, but it would be able to get Iraq to submit to Iran by just aiming at Iraq. Iran has quite a number of scores to settle with a good number of countries, including the US of course.

I am afraid you are making a big big big mistake.

Iran Iraq war is history.

But in new world, Iran and Iraq are CLOSEST friends.
mqmpakistani
Situation in middle east is this that:

1. Iran has the worst Air Force in the region.

2. Saudia bought latest F-15 for several billion dollars and their air force is many times stronger than Iran's air force.

3. Similarly the air force of UAE and Qatar and Kuwait are also much much stronger than Iran's air force.

4. Then comes Israel's air force which is the strongest in the region.

Mullahs of Iran are already some what fanatics, but all this compelling Iran for war fanaticism more and more.

Iran wants a role of regional mini superpower due to it's size and educational infra structure. And it is very difficult for them to swallow the fact that Suadia, UAE and Kuwait etc. have much better air force with help of US.

Best thing would be if US starts making peace deals and reduce the tensions (as suggested above). This will work as cold water upon this war fanaticism.
deanhills
I'd say training pilots how to fly and manage these fighter jets is key to how really strong the forces are. It's not only about superior technology, but how to use the technology that makes it into a formidable force. I know that they are using international experts in the UAE to train their pilots. Probably also in Oman and Qatar. I'd imagine in Saudi too. Wonder what they are doing in Iran?
mqmpakistani
Well, Iran has absolutely no chance against US.

But in couple of years, it may be that Iran comes in challenging position. It is not that Iran could ever win a war against US, but the fact is this that Iran will make any invasion against it very very costly.

If US ready to spend Trillions of USD in war against Iran?

Saudia or Turkey or UAE or Qatar do not dare to attack Iran at their own (even if they possess much much stronger Air Force). It is due to the reason that Iran has very sophisticated Missile Program too and they have very large numbers of missiles.

A fight between Israel and Iran will also be interesting. Both Iran and Israel are too far away from each other to make any direct threats against each other.

Iranian Air Defense seems to be much stronger than their Air Force. Iranian Mullah have showed they are not idiots, but they have brains. They directed major part of funds to Air Defense (radars and missiles) instead of spending huge amount of money on their Fighter Jets. That was a wise decision on their part.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

I'd say it is a fact that the US nuclear weapons are mostly for defensive purposes

...Interesting thing to say about the only country that has ever used nuclear weapons in combat.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I'd say it is a fact that the US nuclear weapons are mostly for defensive purposes

...Interesting thing to say about the only country that has ever used nuclear weapons in combat.
I'd say "mostly" does make allowance for the one in a million use of a nuclear weapon by the US. In general the US needs to be armed with nuclear weapons in order to defend itself against countries who have nuclear power. I seem to recall you mentioning that yourself in a post a long time ago. Can't remember exactly which one it was. I'd call it maintaining balance of power and avoiding a nuclear war by not being vulnerable to nuclear attacks. Obama is trying to get rid of some of the nuclear weapons, but at the same time the US does have to maintain some defence in nuclear capability by being able to counter any nuclear attack that could be made on the US.
twotrophy
deanhills wrote:
I'd say "mostly" does make allowance for the one in a million use of a nuclear weapon by the US.

Yes, nuclear weapons can be abused by any country with any leader(s) that want to attack another country using nuclear weapons in times of desperation during wars when the only option is to use nuclear weapons to win the war or to prevent huge losses to their country.

This would result in tens of thousands of people killed which can be seen from World War 2 when the USA bombed Japan using nuclear weapons thinking that it is the only way to save the lives of soldiers although it may be justified and effective to use the air force instead because it would be difficult to shoot war planes down. Hopefully, this would make people who support nuclear weapons reconsider this opinion.
RoylanM
mqmpakistani wrote:
Well, Iran has absolutely no chance against US.

But in couple of years, it may be that Iran comes in challenging position. It is not that Iran could ever win a war against US, but the fact is this that Iran will make any invasion against it very very costly.

If US ready to spend Trillions of USD in war against Iran?

Saudia or Turkey or UAE or Qatar do not dare to attack Iran at their own (even if they possess much much stronger Air Force). It is due to the reason that Iran has very sophisticated Missile Program too and they have very large numbers of missiles.

A fight between Israel and Iran will also be interesting. Both Iran and Israel are too far away from each other to make any direct threats against each other.

Iranian Air Defense seems to be much stronger than their Air Force. Iranian Mullah have showed they are not idiots, but they have brains. They directed major part of funds to Air Defense (radars and missiles) instead of spending huge amount of money on their Fighter Jets. That was a wise decision on their part.

I agree but the fighter jet shouldn't have been made, I think Obama should keep the troops on high alert for any kind of stunts pulled by our foreign friends.
mqmpakistani
[quote="deanhills"]
JoryRFerrell wrote:

No Sir, you are totally totally wrong about IRAQ.

The NEW Iraq is the MOST CLOSEST Allie of Iran (even closer than Syria).

It is due to the reason that majority of Iraqi Population (65%) was SHIA, while Saddam Hussain was a Sunni, who forcefully ruled upon the Iraqies.

After the removal of Saddam Hussain, the Shia parties are winning the Iraqi elections (at least in Majority) and they are running the Government at moment.

Although they are not openly supporting Iran and have also close ties with US, but the Iraqi Shia population is already a supporter of Iran, and sooner or later the Iraqi Government will also come more closer to Iran.

The reason of this close friendship is not US ... but the biggest reason is this that both these 2 Shia Countries are feeling very much threatened by the Salafies/Wahabies of Middle East who are sworn enemies of Shias at moment.

At moment, Iranian nation thinks itself living in extreme dangerous war situation and threatened by Israel, West & the Arabs and Turkey.
biolu
Same than above, I think that each country has the right to develop the weapon they want. If they want to spend billions of $ into military researches let them do.
ocalhoun
biolu wrote:
Same than above, I think that each country has the right to develop the weapon they want. If they want to spend billions of $ into military researches let them do.

...Just as some people are not mentally fit to posses firearms, some countries are not fit to posses nukes.

I'd say, rather, their right to develop them is inversely proportional to their likelihood to use them immorally.
davorin
I think it is very hypocritical to accuse someone for something just because you do not like.
Saudi Arabia is pure dictatorship, still not talking about it bad. where women have no rights as opposed to Iran where women are allowed to vote and are equal to men.
But no, Iran is bad.
theShadow
Doesn't matter really, the US probably has one better than that hidden some where inside Area 51!