FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to cracking WPA without wordlist ?

Shuayb
is there any one know , how to crack WPA without use the dictionary or wordlist ???
SonLight
Shuayb wrote:
is there any one know , how to crack WPA without use the dictionary or wordlist ???

Assuming you've lost the password to your router, I would recommend using the router's reset feature. There is usually a small recessed pin which can be pushed in to reset the router to factory settings. You can check your documentation or search by specific model if it's not obvious how to do it.

A router properly designed for security should be near-impossible to crack with software, as it should not allow repeated attempts to use different codes within a very short time. I suspect nearly all consumer-grade routers do not limit attempts though. Even trying new codes as fast as the hardware can respond and with a wordlist, it is likely to take several minutes or longer to find the right code unless a trivial code was used. Without a wordlist, that would probably increase to at least days.
Shuayb
SonLight wrote:

Assuming you've lost the password to your router, I would recommend using the router's reset feature. There is usually a small recessed pin which can be pushed in to reset the router to factory settings. You can check your documentation or search by specific model if it's not obvious how to do it.

A router properly designed for security should be near-impossible to crack with software, as it should not allow repeated attempts to use different codes within a very short time. I suspect nearly all consumer-grade routers do not limit attempts though. Even trying new codes as fast as the hardware can respond and with a wordlist, it is likely to take several minutes or longer to find the right code unless a trivial code was used. Without a wordlist, that would probably increase to at least days.

I think you did not understand was I wanted?? I do not talk about router's, but the WPA key needed to connect to the wireless network
SonLight
Shuayb wrote:

I think you did not understand was I wanted?? I do not talk about router's, but the WPA key needed to connect to the wireless network

I assumed you wanted to connect to your own network. Usually the device that controls the network is a router, and if you have physical access to it then you can reset it. If you want to connect to some one else's network, you should probably ask them for the key.
Marcuzzo
Shuayb wrote:

He did understand what you want.
the WPA Key is stored on the router/switch/Access point ( whatever ) and if you've forgotten the code, you can always do a Hard reset or restore it to factory defaults.

another way is to use a cable to connect to it and then navigate to the configuration page, most of the times the IP is something like 192.168.0.1, ther you can read the key, or even set a new one

but since you asked how to Crack the WPA Key, I'm pretty sure that you want to use a connection you aren't even supposed to use.
having said that, I'd like to add that you've come to the wrong forum to ask questions like that. nobody here will help you crack anything.
Shuayb
SonLight wrote:

I assumed you wanted to connect to your own network. Usually the device that controls the network is a router, and if you have physical access to it then you can reset it. If you want to connect to some one else's network, you should probably ask them for the key.

this is what I want to do is connect to another network that are not mine, but Marcuzzo said that nobody can help me here, well I did not know that it is forbidden to talk about some topics here on frihost,
Shuayb
Marcuzzo :
He did understand what you want.
the WPA Key is stored on the router/switch/Access point ( whatever ) and if you've forgotten the code, you can always do a Hard reset or restore it to factory defaults.

another way is to use a cable to connect to it and then navigate to the configuration page, most of the times the IP is something like 192.168.0.1, then you can read the key, or even set a new one

but since you asked how to Crack the WPA Key, I'm pretty sure that you want to use a connection you aren't even supposed to use.
having said that, I'd like to add that you've come to the wrong forum to ask questions like that. nobody here will help you crack anything.

but why it is not allowed this kind of topic here?
Marcuzzo
it's very simple, if you own the wireless access point or the access point is leased by you, then you don't need a way to crack the code. you could get or reset the code yourself depending on the router/AP type and/or provider...

Now, in case you made a translation error and you actually meant: "How can I reset my own WPA key" then this would be my answer.

The easiest way to get your access code is by:
1. doing a Hard reset, most routers have a little reset pin for that.
2. Connect your computer/laptop to the router with a cable
3. open your webbrowser and navigate to 192.168.0.1 ( most use this IP, check your router's manual )
4. look for a Wireless and security and there you should be able to enable it and set a password.

also check here before posting
Mr_Howl
To answer your question: no.

WPA is a very strong protocol, unlike WEP. The only known way to get the key is to test different passwords (i.e., brute-force). But WPA also has an 8-character password minimum, making brute force very difficult. Thus, word lists are used to reduce the search space, in hopes that the password is based on a word or a combination of few words. If a password is very long and contains many bits of entropy, it is practically uncrackable.
Shuayb
"Mr_Howl To answer your question: no.

WPA is a very strong protocol, unlike WEP. The only known way to get the key is to test different passwords (i.e., brute-force). But WPA also has an 8-character password minimum, making brute force very difficult. Thus, word lists are used to reduce the search space, in hopes that the password is based on a word or a combination of few words. If a password is very long and contains many bits of entropy, it is practically uncrackable.

that's oky