FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there a Wifi receiver like this?

likeabreeze
Listen., I have a mobile phone which supports Bluetooth but cant receive Wifi signals,
And I just wonder if there is something that can receive Wifi and Convert the signals into Bluetooth.
Considering there are Bluetooth earphone, printer, and etc, so creating a Bluetooth-enabled Wifi receiver isn't that difficult.
sysna
I haven't seen any bluetooth wifi dongle and I think it woould be useless because wifi is for constant high speed connection but bluetooth mostly is used for short time transfers. Bluetooth is good for earphone because it needs less power than wifi and also doesn't need too much speed. I know bluetooth 3 is fast but the main goal of bluetooth and wifi is different.

My suggestion for you is to get a wifi enabled phone because even if you find such dongle it would be expensive.
badai
i like this: "creating a Bluetooth-enabled Wifi receiver isn't that difficult."

of course you can. it's just like getting a VHF signal on your FM radio, or try to tune in to your favorite radio station on your TV, which ever make your thinking bulb brighten more.

then they all can just make phone with just bluetooth. wait, i'm sure somebody can make bluetooth pick up LTE signal later. yay the consumer win again. cheap phone for everybody.
william
Bluetooth WiFi adapters exist, but I'm willing to bet if your phone doesn't have WiFi, it likely won't have the software capabilities to support such a dongle. What phone are we talking about? I remember reading about someone trying to make a dongle for older BlackBerry phones without WiFi, but I don't think that ever materialized.
ocalhoun
It's possible to run a network over bluetooth.

Would it suit your purposes to have a computer at home with a bluetooth adapter, than bridge the connection to the main network? (Or do you want to have WiFi access everywhere?)
jdelfire
I tried this a long time and I can't remember how but yes bridging is the answer.
Of course bridging requires another PC that will pass the connection to your other blue tooth device but still there is a question if your phone can support bridge...
riteshk1
Even i never seen and i have no idea to creating a Bluetooth-enabled Wifi receiver.
Nyasro
Laughing very interesting question, but i have never seen any wi-fi to bluetooth converter
abhinavm24
whatever,,,
i really havn't seen anything like this
Sad

but i doubt such a piece of hardware's existence Shocked
and even if it exists your mobile will never be able to use it!!
if it can't use this technology bcoz mostly the mobile devices have software bottleneck on existing hardware..

why in the world you need this hw..
just upgrade your mobile..just few bucks...
abhinavm24
whatever,,,
i really havn't seen anything like this

but i doubt such a piece of hardware's existence
and even if it exists your mobile will never be able to use it!!
if it can't use this technology bcoz mostly the mobile devices have software bottleneck on existing hardware..

why in the world you need this hw..
just upgrade your mobile..just few bucks...
crazyfffan
likeabreeze wrote:
creating a Bluetooth-enabled Wifi receiver isn't that difficult.

Very difficult. Bluetooth is Bluetooth, Wifi is Wifi, they operate on different signal ranges and uses different transmitting technology.
You could connect to the internet via bluetooth, if you have a laptop that has Bluetooth and is already connected to the Internet, but you can't have a bluetooth dongle that receives Wifi signal, or a Wifi dongle that transfers data by bluetooth, it's physically impossible.