FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Office politics

raaeft1
There should be no politics in the work place. I have suffered in my career with different organizations due to ``office politics.''
The ideal solution would be to not indulge in gossiping and loose talk. Also, it should be ensured that pettiness at the work place. Moreover, we should rise above jealousies.
Pande
Why? Those are all normal things. If your getting made fun of or someone doesn't like you for whatever reason, it's your job to fix that issue, as you can't just expect everyone to bow down for ya out of this wierd notion of 'respect'.

Sure, things that can't be changed are another issue and if someone is talking trash about your disability or other health issues then you should report that, but if it's something you can change then you need to change it, or deal with it some other way.
deanhills
raaeft1 wrote:
There should be no politics in the work place. I have suffered in my career with different organizations due to ``office politics.''
The ideal solution would be to not indulge in gossiping and loose talk. Also, it should be ensured that pettiness at the work place. Moreover, we should rise above jealousies.
Life never works along "should" lines. It just is what it is. I'd say it's not what happens to you at work that counts as much as the way you react to it. If you can ignore all of this with a sense of humour, then you probably would have a much better chance at survival than taking it too seriously. On the other hand if it is really that bad, and it doesn't look as though it is ever going to change, then a person would need to change his/her work environment. I know that is not easy to do and maybe impossible for some, but I don't think one can really change one's work environment without being in a position of power.
Insanity
I think politics is something that just isn't avoidable whenever you're dealing with people. There just has to be some sort of system in place that works to control everything. Whether you like it or not, it's there to stay, and the better you get at dealing with it, the better off you will be.
standready
Life is not fair! I have lost out since I won't play their games. I am there to do a job and do the job well and move on.