FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

best firewall

zimmer
I am looking for affordable and easy to manage firewall. Can someone share me what brand? My iideal requirements is, good for 300 users managable with back up on settings, with monitoring on which browser the user is browsing, secure with anti virus built-in, can handle multiple ISP plus capable in 4G wireless.

I need it urgently.
Sabbadon
We install and manage Forninet Firewalls
it's easy, good monitoring and quite good customer services.
Fortigate 60B has Wan1, Wan2 (you are able to do balancing routes and policies to set services or ip classes on different wan routes), DMZ and 6 internals port. it has his own AV, Categories for web block/allow navigations and content filtering
the new one is Fortigate 60C check its specifications at http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortigate/60C.html

and there are others like 80C and so on.. you can surely find one that is good for you
johans
Sabbadon wrote:
We install and manage Forninet Firewalls
it's easy, good monitoring and quite good customer services.
Fortigate 60B has Wan1, Wan2 (you are able to do balancing routes and policies to set services or ip classes on different wan routes), DMZ and 6 internals port. it has his own AV, Categories for web block/allow navigations and content filtering
the new one is Fortigate 60C check its specifications at http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortigate/60C.html

and there are others like 80C and so on.. you can surely find one that is good for you

Is forninet has yearly subscription? Do you have idea on how much is the Price?
Sabbadon
unfortunately I'm just a technician.. I know that they have 1 year and 3 years subscriptions for the AntiVirus, IPS, Vulnerability Scan, Web Filtering, Email Filtering updates and so on..
I think the best way you may get infos is to check the website and find a reseller near your place http://www.fortinet.com/contact_us/index.html
Maybe they can also set up a demo too..
badai
i'm using Kerio Control.

came as software and now got a standalone box. but since we've been using it since like 15 years ago, we still use the software version. i think the standalone hardware got limited capabilities. with the software version, just install it on any PC with your preferred OS so that you can have all the connection you need (RJ45, POTS modem, 3G modem, etc).

license is per 5 users, need to renew every year. the features are fantastic. you can customized everything and the log is very detail.

it got all your requirements (for software version, i'm not sure about the standalone hardware):
1. good for more than 300 users. maybe can go up to 300,000.
2. manageable
3. settings are in normal file. you can just run cron/windows scheduler to copy it anywhere (including cloud storage)
4. yes, with real time monitoring on which browser and everything else
5. secure with anti virus built-in, and you select from few AV
6. can handle multiple ISP plus 4G with load balancing.

then again, i'm not sure if it's affordable to everybody. you might want to try these 2 free alternative:
1. Freesco
2. IPCop

i heard these 2 are on par with Kerio.