FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thoughts on losing job

raaeft1
I resigned from my job in September 2012 after having worked in that newspaper organization for 26 years. I had thought that i would retire in 2019 but this was not to be as two bosses settled personal scores with me by denying me promotion;negating my work as journalist and threatening to transfer me to an obscure place.
i was assured a job with another media organization but the Editor scuttled the move. Now I have joined another organization but have not been issued any appointment letter or paid any salary.
My wife and friends say that I should not have resigned as now we are facing a financial crunch due to stoppage of income and i should have undergone the ignominy heaped on me by appointing a junior person over my head. However, I strongly disagree. Ok, there is a financial crunch and we are using our savings. But I have peace of mind. And sooner or later, I will get a good job that pays me well or i will start my own venture.