FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Cure for depression





raaeft1
Depression is bad.It does not solve any issue. Rather it spoils everything and obscures perspective.
But what is the cure for it? Some say--express gratitude and this will change everything. However, some people, including my wife, do not believe in expressing gratitude. I personally affirm the power of expressing gratitude. After some time, the mood and atmosphere change and I am able to see the Divine order.
jajarvin
Depression is a state of mind. Everyone can contribute to this state of mind, for example in the following ways:

Get plenty of exercise in the open air
Sleep every night for at least seven hours
Do not drink too much alcohol
Eat well and diversely
Read a good book
Spend enough time for your friends and family

And, above all, be happy because you are a unique creature in the universe.
raaeft1
Thank for your suggestions to beat depression. They are very apt and can help in overcoming state of mind known as depression.
Ankhanu
Depression isn't a single idea or condition, it's a class of emotional states, with myriad expression and causes... similar to the way that cancer is an umbrella term used to describe several diseases/conditions with similar characteristics. Just like cancer, there is no one cure for depression; what might help with one form will have no effect upon another.

With that in mind, what jajarvin suggests might help in some cases, in many cases, it won't. One can lead a wonderfully healty lifestyle and still be depressed.

In order to conquer depression, you need to know what is causing it and how it's manifesting... which is no easy feat, and may well require the help of a trained professional. I really don't think "ask the internet" is a great means of diagnosis/treatment in cases of mental (or physical) health.
loveandormoney
raaeft1 wrote:
Depression is bad.It does not solve any issue. Rather it spoils everything and obscures perspective.
But what is the cure for it? Some say--express gratitude and this will change everything. However, some people, including my wife, do not believe in expressing gratitude. I personally affirm the power of expressing gratitude. After some time, the mood and atmosphere change and I am able to see the Divine order.


What can You do.
Talk with Your friends.
Do everyday a phone call one hour or more.
Meet people.
Stop being silent.

Regards
Gregoric
You may believe me or not but I have ultimate cure for any sadness or when my mind is overwhelmed with thinking about problems. I don't know if it would work for depression as well but may be an an additional way to fight it.

It is as simple as physical excersising. It doesn't matter if you are hardcore sportsman or someone who is not very keen on doing sports or excersises (like me, honestly Smile). You can do anything that you like or at least can do easily without getting annoyed or nervous because of others or the game itself. I suggest that you should do some excersise which you can do alone like riding a bike, running in nearby park (as long as it is morning not to be disturbed by others, I suppose it would bring you nervousness while you are depressed) or swimming - obviously you cannot swim alone as you could get musle spasm and do yourself some harm.

For me, doing push ups at home is pretty enough to wipe utterly all the daily problems (while excersising in the evening) so you can try working at home as well.
Sabbadon
I think one way is to not stay alone.. if you like to do something or you have hobbies, find someone who has the same, talk with others may be a good therapy.
Doing exercises or simply go out for a walk with an mp3 player may help too
loveandormoney
Quote:

ou may believe me or not but I have ultimate cure for any sadness or when my mind is overwhelmed with thinking about problems



This is true.
foumy6
I know a lot of people that will disagree or fight my answer, but something that helps greatly with depression is smoking marijuana. I personally know people that doing this has saved their lives. I don't know why you would think with it being a "drug" and all that it would make the depression worse, but from all of the experiences I have had it only helps. Do not call me a druggie even though I will admit that I am a casual user, as in once in a great while, so I do not believe that it makes you dumber and all the other lies schools and the media like to cram down your throat about it. I think that this is a fully rational and great way to help people with their depression. Pack a bowl, and get happy.

Then again I am also a firm supporter to legalize it but that is another whole different story.
badai
Gregoric wrote:
You may believe me or not but I have ultimate cure for any sadness or when my mind is overwhelmed with thinking about problems. I don't know if it would work for depression as well but may be an an additional way to fight it.

It is as simple as physical excersising. It doesn't matter if you are hardcore sportsman or someone who is not very keen on doing sports or excersises (like me, honestly Smile). You can do anything that you like or at least can do easily without getting annoyed or nervous because of others or the game itself. I suggest that you should do some excersise which you can do alone like riding a bike, running in nearby park (as long as it is morning not to be disturbed by others, I suppose it would bring you nervousness while you are depressed) or swimming - obviously you cannot swim alone as you could get musle spasm and do yourself some harm.

For me, doing push ups at home is pretty enough to wipe utterly all the daily problems (while excersising in the evening) so you can try working at home as well.


i was depress for the whole month last month for taking simvastatin. true enough, i'm not depress at all while working. only when i take a break.

now that i'm off simvastatin, i'll take a break more often Smile
loveandormoney
foumy6 wrote:
I know a lot of people that will disagree or fight my answer, but something that helps greatly with depression is smoking marijuana. I personally know people that doing this has saved their lives. I don't know why you would think with it being a "drug" and all that it would make the depression worse, but from all of the experiences I have had it only helps. Do not call me a druggie even though I will admit that I am a casual user, as in once in a great while, so I do not believe that it makes you dumber and all the other lies schools and the media like to cram down your throat about it. I think that this is a fully rational and great way to help people with their depression. Pack a bowl, and get happy.

Then again I am also a firm supporter to legalize it but that is another whole different story.


Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.
foumy6
loveandormoney wrote:

Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.


Here is the thing though I don't think that it should be thought of as a drug because in reality it is more of a medication than an actual drug such as cocaine or something harder like that. Almost all the negatives that have been found with it have been since disproved. Like I say this is just my personal feeling and experiences. I am a very stressed person and when I do smoke it is not to get high it is to relax and de-stress a little, and it even helps me focus. I have also personally seen it help other people who were on the edge.

However I do agree that hard drugs like heroin, meth and alcohol will defiantly make it worse. Sure alcohol will numb the pain, but it doesn't help anything as I would know growing up with one parent being an alcoholic.
------------------------------------------------------
Here is another quick fun fact:
The US names marijuana as a class 1 drug while cocaine, and heroin are both class 2.
So according to the government marijuana is worse than cocaine
That just shows you how wayy off the government is with this stuff.
Ankhanu
loveandormoney wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
I know a lot of people that will disagree or fight my answer, but something that helps greatly with depression is smoking marijuana. I personally know people that doing this has saved their lives. I don't know why you would think with it being a "drug" and all that it would make the depression worse, but from all of the experiences I have had it only helps. Do not call me a druggie even though I will admit that I am a casual user, as in once in a great while, so I do not believe that it makes you dumber and all the other lies schools and the media like to cram down your throat about it. I think that this is a fully rational and great way to help people with their depression. Pack a bowl, and get happy.

Then again I am also a firm supporter to legalize it but that is another whole different story.


Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.

Like I said earlier, depression is a wide scope of problems and behaviours... drugs CAN increase the problem, but they can also alleviate the problems, depending on exactly what the problem is.

All these blanket statements about what's good for depression are very misleading.
RosenCruz
Family support

Friends

Spending quality time

Medical professional support

Programs for improving self confidence Wink
Aredon
Depression is with you for life. It comes and goes, but it's for life. If it's true depression. You'll find yourself fighting off that specific class of thought. There's no cure, only an understanding that you're being unreasonable to pull you out of it. It has the potential to make you a stronger person because it will put you more in touch with your emotional states, but that's probably the only positive thing you can get out of it.
loveandormoney
foumy6 wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:

Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.


Here is the thing though I don't think that it should be thought of as a drug because in reality it is more of a medication than an actual drug such as cocaine or something harder like that. Almost all the negatives that have been found with it have been since disproved. Like I say this is just my personal feeling and experiences. I am a very stressed person and when I do smoke it is not to get high it is to relax and de-stress a little, and it even helps me focus. I have also personally seen it help other people who were on the edge.

However I do agree that hard drugs like heroin, meth and alcohol will defiantly make it worse. Sure alcohol will numb the pain, but it doesn't help anything as I would know growing up with one parent being an alcoholic.
------------------------------------------------------
Here is another quick fun fact:
The US names marijuana as a class 1 drug while cocaine, and heroin are both class 2.
So according to the government marijuana is worse than cocaine
That just shows you how wayy off the government is with this stuff.


Good morning.
Is this a joke? Did Your teacher teach You: "If You have problems during the exams, smoke a cigarette and You are relaxed."
If this should be true, can we heal all Burnout-problems with cigarettes?

Why H is a hard drug? Smoking and drinking is killing more people than H.
Or is this wrong.
Is smoking the way to find inside peace?
foumy6
loveandormoney wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:

Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.


Here is the thing though I don't think that it should be thought of as a drug because in reality it is more of a medication than an actual drug such as cocaine or something harder like that. Almost all the negatives that have been found with it have been since disproved. Like I say this is just my personal feeling and experiences. I am a very stressed person and when I do smoke it is not to get high it is to relax and de-stress a little, and it even helps me focus. I have also personally seen it help other people who were on the edge.

However I do agree that hard drugs like heroin, meth and alcohol will defiantly make it worse. Sure alcohol will numb the pain, but it doesn't help anything as I would know growing up with one parent being an alcoholic.
------------------------------------------------------
Here is another quick fun fact:
The US names marijuana as a class 1 drug while cocaine, and heroin are both class 2.
So according to the government marijuana is worse than cocaine
That just shows you how wayy off the government is with this stuff.


Good morning.
Is this a joke? Did Your teacher teach You: "If You have problems during the exams, smoke a cigarette and You are relaxed."
If this should be true, can we heal all Burnout-problems with cigarettes?

Why H is a hard drug? Smoking and drinking is killing more people than H.
Or is this wrong.
Is smoking the way to find inside peace?

Yes but marijuana has been proven to be more helpful than harmful. You will die faster drinking or doing any other drug than marijuana. I am not talking about any other drug being helpful only Marijuana.
bukaida
Sometimes loneliness causes depression. It is common to every human being ( and even for other animals). Depression may also come from not fulfilling the target ( set by self or others). I have heard that meditation help in overcoming the depression. The more complex is the lifestyle, more depression is there. It is observed that urban and city people suffer more from this symptom than the rural people. Depression in its worst form may lead to suicide attempt or lead to unnecessary arrogance.
loveandormoney
Ankhanu wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
I know a lot of people that will disagree or fight my answer, but something that helps greatly with depression is smoking marijuana. I personally know people that doing this has saved their lives. I don't know why you would think with it being a "drug" and all that it would make the depression worse, but from all of the experiences I have had it only helps. Do not call me a druggie even though I will admit that I am a casual user, as in once in a great while, so I do not believe that it makes you dumber and all the other lies schools and the media like to cram down your throat about it. I think that this is a fully rational and great way to help people with their depression. Pack a bowl, and get happy.

Then again I am also a firm supporter to legalize it but that is another whole different story.


Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.

Like I said earlier, depression is a wide scope of problems and behaviours... drugs CAN increase the problem, but they can also alleviate the problems, depending on exactly what the problem is.

All these blanket statements about what's good for depression are very misleading.





Where did You get this information?
From an hospital?
From a doctor.

Any kind of drug is increasing depression.

Psychopharmacologicals increase the depression and do not heal it.



Sorry.
Qantas94Heavy
loveandormoney wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
I know a lot of people that will disagree or fight my answer, but something that helps greatly with depression is smoking marijuana. I personally know people that doing this has saved their lives. I don't know why you would think with it being a "drug" and all that it would make the depression worse, but from all of the experiences I have had it only helps. Do not call me a druggie even though I will admit that I am a casual user, as in once in a great while, so I do not believe that it makes you dumber and all the other lies schools and the media like to cram down your throat about it. I think that this is a fully rational and great way to help people with their depression. Pack a bowl, and get happy.

Then again I am also a firm supporter to legalize it but that is another whole different story.


Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.


Drugs - especially those which are supposed to help patients with psychological issues, such as antidepressants, are still debated about from time to time. Marijuana has been known for its medicinal effects, however there are also some side effects depending on the method of "using" marijuana, such as smoking (smoke can cause harmful effects to body). There is no scientific proof that using it will affect your intelligence in any way if you are already an adult, with reports both saying that it does and it does not affect your intelligence, all based on testing of people "before and after", rather than showing how it affects the brain and how it functions. Personally, I don't believe that marijuana is the best option for making depressed people feel better - as a matter of fact I am against antidepressants in general - but if it actually makes people feel better, rather than just suppressing "bad" feelings to change the way that they think, then it may not be such a bad option. Of course there is the case of legality in some areas, which does need to be taken into consideration.
deanhills
@loveandormoney. Sometimes a person is so depressed, that drugs are needed in order to get him/her at least in a functioning way so that the psychologist/psychiatrist can help him/her deal with his/her problem. I don't think skilful use of drugs would increase depression. Skilful meaning very close monitoring of the drugs. If it does increase the problem, it is obviously not the right drug to take.

As to where I got the above information from. Probably just by talking to friends of mine who have been through experiences like these. I had a very good friend who went through severe depression. She was put on a very light drug that made all the difference to her. She then went through some counseling and is no longer on the drug.
loveandormoney
Aredon wrote:
Depression is with you for life. It comes and goes, but it's for life. If it's true depression. You'll find yourself fighting off that specific class of thought. There's no cure, only an understanding that you're being unreasonable to pull you out of it. It has the potential to make you a stronger person because it will put you more in touch with your emotional states, but that's probably the only positive thing you can get out of it.



Good afternoon.
"It comes and goes, "
Sorry this is wrong. Depression is different from a broken leg, but in reality never depression come and goes. If You are sick and You win 1,000,000 Dollar then You are happy for one day, what the depression is still around.
Also wrong:
There is treatment.
There is healing.

" It has the potential to make you a stronger person because it will put you more in touch with your emotional states, but that's probably the only positive thing you can get out of it."
This is producing Burnout it like draw Yourself out of the lake with draw Your hair.

Regards















EDIT


Quote:

@loveandormoney. Sometimes a person is so depressed, that drugs are needed in order to get him/her at least in a functioning way


Lunch is on the table
just one line:

YES
this is true
But the drugs are not healing there are only First Aid.



Regards
codegeek
It's very easy to adopt a dismissive attitude and do nothing about depression thinking "I'm depressed today, so I don't want to do anything". However, this is a case where the easy road is the wrong one.

My suggestion is to try to create something. For example, if you are into painting, then just try to paint something. If you are into programming, then start creating a simple site, or a small game.

Start doing some Math problems, or write an essay. Try gardening, or , as has been mentioned before, running. Sure, you won't feel like doing it initially, but this urge to do nothing and just stay depressed is what makes depression so powerful. I think fighting this urge is the only real way to beat depression.
loveandormoney
Quote:

Yes but marijuana has been proven to be more helpful than harmful. You will die faster drinking or doing any other drug than marijuana. I am not talking about any other drug being helpful only Marijuana.



Good morning
WOW
Give it to the pupils.
Give it to the students.
Empty the hospitals.

Sorry
You are wrong.
And You write it by Yourself: Gin is more dangerous.
So where is the pleasure to destroy the body?
But it is true: Alcohol and Smoking are the most hard drugs, they kill the most people.
Is life so much bad?
Is this the depression?

For children: Marijuana is not helpful, it is a drug and it makes You more sick.

Regards

This is a debate, so argue against me.

If You want to watch and dont want to consume: Watch the video "Woodstock", there they consume drugs and they are not happy.
ateawonton
and I'm afraid to cut, so I started something new, I started throwing food away, and I feel instant gratification whenever I do this, I'm wondering if this is called anything, I think it's better than Bulimia because it's not as time consuming and it keeps your teeth clean
loveandormoney
Quote:

and I'm afraid to cut, so I started something new, I started throwing food away, and I feel instant gratification whenever I do this, I'm wondering if this is called anything, I think it's better than Bulimia because it's not as time consuming and it keeps your teeth clean




Good afternoon.
Reading out of Your lines:
What is Your problem?

Quote:

I started throwing food away,

What is the reason to do this.
You are silent.
Other people are misusing You and insulting You and instead of opening Your mouth You want to control Your frustration with food.


Quote:

I think it's better than Bulimia


This is sounding not very well.

Regards
_AVG_
I'd say the best way to overcome depression is to spend a lot of time with people close to you - or to make new friends if you are lonely.
Or otherwise, use your time and effort into something productive - either a hobby such as playing music or tennis, etc. or even social service! The best way to cure your sadness is to give as much happiness to others.
standready
_AVG_ wrote:
either a hobby such as playing music

That is what I have been doing and it helps a little. No drugs for me. I will work through my problem myself as I have always had to do. Sadly, family does not care and does not want to hear it.
loveandormoney
bukaida wrote:
Sometimes loneliness causes depression. It is common to every human being ( and even for other animals). Depression may also come from not fulfilling the target ( set by self or others). I have heard that meditation help in overcoming the depression. The more complex is the lifestyle, more depression is there. It is observed that urban and city people suffer more from this symptom than the rural people. Depression in its worst form may lead to suicide attempt or lead to unnecessary arrogance.


Good morning.
The other way is right:
Depression causes loneliness.
Depressed people dont like to go out to meet people
they want to sit at home and think about the depression.
And they dont like to accept invitations.
That is the problem.


The target.
This is wrong. Many successfull people kill themselves but they are successfull in job or relationship. It is a illussion, prayed by the industry, that rich people are happy.

Wha kind of experiences do You have with meditation?
Are Asien people more happy?

What is the relationship between arrogance and depression?

Regards
_AVG_
I agree to a couple of things mentioned in the previous posts:
- Drugs will only worsen the problem, not make it easier.
- Meditation and a more spiritual lifestyle will make it easier. Too much materialism just adds to the chances of becoming depressed. And yes, a depressed person is more likely to be arrogant, delusional, etc. Effort to cure oneself along with efforts to make one's lifestyle simpler will definitely be more effective than any drugs. The peace is out there (or in there) - you have to find it.

I find this topic very relevant since I myself went through a depressive phase. I learned that detachment and control are very effective methods. Meditation involves controlling your depressive thoughts while detachment involves letting your depressive thoughts go. Do not view the depressive thoughts as "yours" but view them as separate from "you". Basically you mustn't give in to the depressive thoughts.

Good luck Very Happy
loveandormoney
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
foumy6 wrote:
I know a lot of people that will disagree or fight my answer, but something that helps greatly with depression is smoking marijuana. I personally know people that doing this has saved their lives. I don't know why you would think with it being a "drug" and all that it would make the depression worse, but from all of the experiences I have had it only helps. Do not call me a druggie even though I will admit that I am a casual user, as in once in a great while, so I do not believe that it makes you dumber and all the other lies schools and the media like to cram down your throat about it. I think that this is a fully rational and great way to help people with their depression. Pack a bowl, and get happy.

Then again I am also a firm supporter to legalize it but that is another whole different story.


Drugs does increase the problem.
Sorry.


Drugs - especially those which are supposed to help patients with psychological issues, such as antidepressants, are still debated about from time to time. Marijuana has been known for its medicinal effects, however there are also some side effects depending on the method of "using" marijuana, such as smoking (smoke can cause harmful effects to body). There is no scientific proof that using it will affect your intelligence in any way if you are already an adult, with reports both saying that it does and it does not affect your intelligence, all based on testing of people "before and after", rather than showing how it affects the brain and how it functions. Personally, I don't believe that marijuana is the best option for making depressed people feel better - as a matter of fact I am against antidepressants in general - but if it actually makes people feel better, rather than just suppressing "bad" feelings to change the way that they think, then it may not be such a bad option. Of course there is the case of legality in some areas, which does need to be taken into consideration.


Good morning.
Yes
"are still debated"
so let us do it here.
It is a kind of first aid, but not solving any depression-problem.

"Marijuana has been known for its medicinal effects"
This is wrong.
Only it is said, it does help when You are sick with cancer.

"There is no scientific proof that using it will affect your intelligence in any way if you are already an adult,"
Depression has nothing to do with intelligent.
There are also intelligent depressive teachers.

"but if it actually makes people feel better,"
So I am asking it in another question: Do You feel good, when Your darling or Your children do smoke marijuana.

Also smoking does not make feel good. People go to hospital after smoking because of panic attacks because of smoking marijuana. Because marijuana also increases fear.

That is the reason
teachers do not give it to pupils to feel better.

Regards
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
@loveandormoney. Sometimes a person is so depressed, that drugs are needed in order to get him/her at least in a functioning way so that the psychologist/psychiatrist can help him/her deal with his/her problem. I don't think skilful use of drugs would increase depression. Skilful meaning very close monitoring of the drugs. If it does increase the problem, it is obviously not the right drug to take.

As to where I got the above information from. Probably just by talking to friends of mine who have been through experiences like these. I had a very good friend who went through severe depression. She was put on a very light drug that made all the difference to her. She then went through some counseling and is no longer on the drug.



Good morning.
I did write an answer before but let us talk about drugs.
Drugs destroy the rhythm of the body, but if the problem is a dangerous one, sometimes only a drug can stop a catastrophe. But I never read in a book
that drugs heal depression.
It is a kind of defend.
But if You read this discussion and also if You watch public discussions about "Depression"
nobody is interested in a solution
ask for the reasons of depression.


It is like a fog.
Like depression itself.
Question: If You uncle or Your sister a sick with depression,
why there is no interest to look for the reason.

The doctors writing in newspapers: Normal people do not like depressed people, they want to bring them out of the house and leave them alone.
But I think this is wrong, this is increasing the depression and this is no help.

So read the drug discussion like:
Give them drugs let them sleep so they do not disturb my daily life.

"She was put on a very light drug that made all the difference to her."
Is she healed?

Regards
sudipbanerjee
I think solutions to depression are meditation, talk to people and time.
Jolia88
I think one way is usually to not necessarily continue to be on your own.. if you'd prefer to try and do one thing or maybe you've got hobbies, locate an agent who has a similar, discuss with people can be a good treatment.
loveandormoney
codegeek wrote:
It's very easy to adopt a dismissive attitude and do nothing about depression thinking "I'm depressed today, so I don't want to do anything". However, this is a case where the easy road is the wrong one.

My suggestion is to try to create something. For example, if you are into painting, then just try to paint something. If you are into programming, then start creating a simple site, or a small game.

Start doing some Math problems, or write an essay. Try gardening, or , as has been mentioned before, running. Sure, you won't feel like doing it initially, but this urge to do nothing and just stay depressed is what makes depression so powerful. I think fighting this urge is the only real way to beat depression.


Good morning.

Please dont make jokes about sick people:

"It's very easy to adopt a dismissive attitude and do nothing about depression thinking "I'm depressed today, so I don't want to do anything"."

Sorry.


Please dont make jokes about sick people:
"However, this is a case where the easy road is the wrong one."
The way, You are talking about is hard and not easy.

Also it is only working for You to sit in front of the TV
when You darling is cooking tea for You and more.


"My suggestion is to try to create something."
This sentence is very funny.
A depressive human is not able to do this. Why? Because he or she is depressive?

So
Your friends
who say
I am depressive
are actors out of Your side, isnt it.


"For example, if you are into painting, then just try to paint something. If you are into programming, then start creating a simple site, or a small game. "
Just a little advice:
Visit a hospital and watch the sick people
how they paint.

This will change Your mind.

The advices here are
You are sick. So draw Your body with Your hairs out of the trouble.

Maybe this thinking does make people sick because it is not possible.


So You wrote
depressive=lazy.

Is this reality?


Regards
foumy6
Well I guess instead of defending my claim further as I don't want this to turn into an argument, I will contribute what I do to help myself when depressed.

I am a person that does not get slightly depressed. When I get depressed it really brings me down, and I have thoughts of the bad things that I could do to myself. Luckily I have never acted on these. When I am depressed people around me can usually tell, and I am grateful that they do try to help. For example I was really depressed at work, because I was accused and screamed at by a newer employee that I never did anything, and I don't know how to do my job. (Side note I have worked there almost 2 years, and she has now been fired after less than 6 months Smile ) I don't know why, but it really got me down, and I was pretty depressed the rest of my shift even tearing up a couple times. When I get depressed I just keep telling myself how worthless and bad I am at everything, so that didn't help. Before I left though after getting done with my shift my favorite manager came up to me, and told me I did and awesome job and it did help me feel better.

Other things that help for me are listening to nice music, such as songs I can't help but sing along to. Another thing is just being around people, because even though when I am really depressed I don't like to show it, but it still shows to some people. So I try to be happy when around my friends and family and soon after I usually forgot about what ever was upsetting me.

Now to be clear, so what I said doesn't get "analyzed", I am not saying this is the cure. I am just saying that this is what helps me personally.
loveandormoney
Quote:

Well I guess instead of defending my claim further as I don't want this to turn into an argument, I will contribute what I do to help myself when depressed.

I am a person that does not get slightly depressed. When I get depressed it really brings me down, and I have thoughts of the bad things that I could do to myself. Luckily I have never acted on these. When I am depressed people around me can usually tell, and I am grateful that they do try to help. For example I was really depressed at work, because I was accused and screamed at by a newer employee that I never did anything, and I don't know how to do my job. (Side note I have worked there almost 2 years, and she has now been fired after less than 6 months ) I don't know why, but it really got me down, and I was pretty depressed the rest of my shift even tearing up a couple times. When I get depressed I just keep telling myself how worthless and bad I am at everything, so that didn't help. Before I left though after getting done with my shift my favorite manager came up to me, and told me I did and awesome job and it did help me feel better.

Other things that help for me are listening to nice music, such as songs I can't help but sing along to. Another thing is just being around people, because even though when I am really depressed I don't like to show it, but it still shows to some people. So I try to be happy when around my friends and family and soon after I usually forgot about what ever was upsetting me.

Now to be clear, so what I said doesn't get "analyzed", I am not saying this is the cure. I am just saying that this is what helps me personally.



Good morning
Do You are sick with depression or do You feel depressed.
There is a difference.
What does Your doctor say?
Regards
foumy6
loveandormoney wrote:

Good morning
Do You are sick with depression or do You feel depressed.
There is a difference.
What does Your doctor say?
Regards


Well I wouldn't say that I am sick, I just get in really depressed states sometimes. I have never had to go to any kind of doctor or anything. Though I do have a family member that has just returned home from a mental institution for a suicide attempt.
loveandormoney
foumy6 wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:

Good morning
Do You are sick with depression or do You feel depressed.
There is a difference.
What does Your doctor say?
Regards


Well I wouldn't say that I am sick, I just get in really depressed states sometimes. I have never had to go to any kind of doctor or anything. Though I do have a family member that has just returned home from a mental institution for a suicide attempt.


Good evening
Thank You for Your answer.
Let us talk about Your family member.
Maybe we can help.
Depression is a very difficult disease.

Can Your family member live good relationships.

Regards
loveandormoney
If Your girfriend is leaving You, You will do this.

But depression You cannot heal with this.
Or do You think all doctors are stupid?
twotrophy
I seem to be feeling sad often during holidays when I have so much free time. Things like bright light and chocolate seem to help me. However, I do not experience it all the time. Is this a sign of depression or just normal sadness?
RoylanM
My cure for depression is Journey's Song "Don't stop believe'in" and some time alone with my wife.
loveandormoney
twotrophy wrote:
I seem to be feeling sad often during holidays when I have so much free time. Things like bright light and chocolate seem to help me. However, I do not experience it all the time. Is this a sign of depression or just normal sadness?


Why do You want to stay alone.
My exeperience, people who will stay alone do feel bad.

TV is no love.
Related topics
My list of musics
toking up!
Cure for Cancer
Pepsi Awareness
Rock... depressing?
Folding@Home - Help Find a Cure
REGGAE VS. ROCK
Depression
Is Dr. Phil a quack?
Help I am Depressed
Man, am I a loser! --Resolved
How Prayer Accelerates the Treatment of the Sick
What if someone prays to Satan? and he answers?
A disturbing lack of medical ethics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.