FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do I have to use my real name for web hosting?

twotrophy
Do I have to give out my real name if I apply for web hosting? I might want to apppy for web hosting but I do not want to give my real name out. I tried to PM Bondings but he hasn't replied probably because he has not logged in so far. I also heard that he does not have so much time to log in often.
dude_xyx
I don't think you have to. They are not interested in your contact details unless you have paid hosting, which I'm not even sure they provide. But I don't see why you can't provide your real name.
deanhills
twotrophy wrote:
Do I have to give out my real name if I apply for web hosting? I might want to apppy for web hosting but I do not want to give my real name out. I tried to PM Bondings but he hasn't replied probably because he didn't went online. I heard that he doesn't have so much time to log in often.
In answer to your inquiry, you don't have to give out your real name. You may use an alias or the information you provided when you opened your Forum account. Below is a guide for applying for hosting, just in case you haven't seen it yet. Application for hosting is through your account:
http://www.frihost.com/guide.php

With regard to your comments about Bondings. It's always better to post inquiries like these in this section than to write a PM to Bondings. As inquiries like these could easily be answered by the Frihost staff or members like me who may know the answer. Bondings does check on Frihost daily, but depending on the time he has at his disposal works according to a set of priorities. The smooth functioning of the servers and the shape of the Websites always come first.
twotrophy
Thank you Deanhills and Dude_xyx. The rules for hosting a website seems to be easy to follow. Frihost earns in a very unique way. It is the best free host that I ever heard of. I wish Frihost could be more popular.
badai
in case nobody ever told you, never give up anything real about you even it's their policy (like facebook)
biolu
Don't give your real name, it is not necessary.
Bondings
You can put your username in there. I am planning to remove the name field ( I shouldn't have put it there in the first place). It's not a priority though.
twotrophy
Bondings wrote:
You can put your username in there. I am planning to remove the name field ( I shouldn't have put it there in the first place). It's not a priority though.

Thank you Bondings for replying to my thread. I guess that the name field as what you mentioned seems to confuse me and probably some other people. I also did not realize that you have replied to my thread for a few days until I browsed through your profile.
Ircher
Wait! We didn't have to post our real name! Why is it there then?
sysna
Ircher wrote:
Wait! We didn't have to post our real name! Why is it there then?

just look at above posts, you can see respond of "Bondings" there !
zimmer
twotrophy wrote:
Do I have to give out my real name if I apply for web hosting? I might want to apppy for web hosting but I do not want to give my real name out. I tried to PM Bondings but he hasn't replied probably because he didn't went online. I heard that he doesn't have so much time to log in often.

showing your real name means real business and trustworthy site. I highly recommend to show who you are in your website.

Well, that can be also shown on who is the owner and that can be trace what ever your using is.
twotrophy
zimmer wrote:
twotrophy wrote:

showing your real name means real business and trustworthy site. I highly recommend to show who you are in your website.

Well, that can be also shown on who is the owner and that can be trace what ever your using is.

People like Bondings are mostly anonymous as well. Bondings isn't his real name or surname. He is only known as Steve which may be his first name or real-life nickname or Bondings. Yet, many people trust Frihost.
deanhills
zimmer wrote:

I disagree. A real name is not a guarantee that the site is more trustworthy. At any rate, how would you know for sure that it is a real name? I'd go by actions rather than the name of the individual. I'd say Frihost for me is completely trustworthy. I make X number of posts, I get Y Website hosting, and it's been consistently there and in top quality condition over the almost five years of association with Frihost. I also find the technical quality of the space has improved over the years.
Nyasro
real name is not required its just for your identification. you have right to hide your personal details