FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is your definition of love?

A_K_F
I know people can have hugely different opinions on the topic of love, I've had a few arguments about the topic myself recently, so I thought it'd be interesting to bring such a topic to some forums. So what is your definition of what love is?
loveandormoney
very easy:

100% honest.
johannespilz
****** i hate it when this topic comes up with a girl. i mean i can talk about it and i think, for myself i know what it is but i am sure i dont match everyones idea of love. and i think the definition of love can and probably will change over the years as you get older. right now i would say its:

that special feeling i can only get with someone i care about more than myself (to an certain extend) and someone i have the same path of life with or the feeling that i can walk together into the future.
i feel love when i get the feeling i can tell the person everything and when i get sparkling eyes by the way the girl is, looks, does things or talks. that probably means the female energy by itself.

but on the other hand who tells u what love is. when do u know you are in love for the first time and its not only a crush or satisfying some needs. maybe there is even a stronger feeling possible than the max i felt so far.

i am curious, what is it for you guys...
loveandormoney
How is the view on love for young people?
How is the view on love for old people?

Why does the view change?
patnaik7
It could be adjusting your likes and dislikes to be with the person you want/like. It's got to be reciprocated as well.
L0u1esFish
True Love is not what you think it is.

True Love is not what Hollywood has made it out to be.

True Love cannot be bought with money, gifts, etc.

True Love is something most are not ready to comprehend. I too have asked myself this question, I have also asked it of the opposite sex. Everyone has either the version Hollywood or TV has given them, or they have a totally perverted view.

Even the fact of caring for someone is not what love is or about.

Love is nothing more than unconditional acceptance of what is. Accepting someone else for who they are. Accepting that their different, that their short, that their breath stinks in the morning when they wake up. That's what Love is and nothing more.

Everything else we ascribe to love only sullies it and turns it into something it is not. I hope this answers your question.
friend2012
Respecting the other person. Be honest and faithful to one other.
Most important is being with the person when he/she is down and be supportive.
loveandormoney
L0u1esFish wrote:
True Love is not what you think it is.

True Love is not what Hollywood has made it out to be.

True Love cannot be bought with money, gifts, etc.

True Love is something most are not ready to comprehend. I too have asked myself this question, I have also asked it of the opposite sex. Everyone has either the version Hollywood or TV has given them, or they have a totally perverted view.

Even the fact of caring for someone is not what love is or about.

Love is nothing more than unconditional acceptance of what is. Accepting someone else for who they are. Accepting that their different, that their short, that their breath stinks in the morning when they wake up. That's what Love is and nothing more.

Everything else we ascribe to love only sullies it and turns it into something it is not. I hope this answers your question.

Good morning

"True Love is not what Hollywood has made it out to be."
This is true.
When You watch girl and a boy and what they do and how they kiss
it is always and only boring.

"True Love cannot be bought with money, gifts, etc."
This is a special boy topic. Many men think, they can buy a woman. Also here in the forum,
many users, male, post, You need a lot of money to buy a girl.
Maybe they tried but never they had good experiences.
Many poor people live more love then men, who are hunting their whole life for money.

There is also divorce between rich people.

Why do men think so, that they can buy a woman?

"True Love is something most are not ready to comprehend."
This is my experience to,
Men think, buy a drink and she is interested in kissing.

"I too have asked myself this question, I have also asked it of the opposite sex. Everyone has either the version Hollywood or TV has given them, or they have a totally perverted view"

Yes
worldwide 84% of all women are hitten during marriage.

"Even the fact of caring for someone is not what love is or about."
Yes
this is social work.

"Love is nothing more than unconditional acceptance of what is. Accepting someone else for who they are. Accepting that their different, that their short, that their breath stinks in the morning when they wake up. That's what Love is and nothing more."
This is a peaceful childhood, but has nothing to do with love.
Every company is made like this.

Regards
Xerol
love is trust
Bluedoll
Love can be about respect and trust which says that it can only be achieved over time. I've heard it discribed as charity, a general feeling of affection for other human beings.
Da Rossa
Love goes beyond the simple be-with-someone definition.
No way one can speak it all in a post in here. But we can start with 'being able to make concessions without feeling damaged, no matter to whom.'
subhan1
the calmness and purity of nature
loveandormoney
patnaik7 wrote:
It could be adjusting your likes and dislikes to be with the person you want/like. It's got to be reciprocated as well.

What does this sentence mean?

" It's got to be reciprocated as well."
Azur
Love is when you and your partner can fart while being together.
loveandormoney
Is this a doctor game?
Da Rossa
loveandormoney wrote:
Is this a doctor game?

What do you mean?
loveandormoney
Sorry
I made a joke about the joke:

"Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 am ":
nickfyoung
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

The Bible gives a pretty good take on it. I always think that love is a decision. You wake up each morning and decide to love your partner no matter what. I she does something to annoy you or upset you, let it go. That is her. Accept her as she is. You know the consequences of getting into an argument. Why go there. Eventually, arguments will lead to a lack of love and separation. If you want to maintain the relationship you have to do that little bit of work.
loveandormoney
Love is a decision.
This is true:

You can decide
-I want to rule all people
I want to love all people.
Nyasro
love is their where is cure
Bluedoll
When love is close to me I know it is more important than anything in the world.
When love is away from me, I don't know what love is.
medesignz
Unconditional happiness. Absolute trust.
zimmer
love is the way you live. If there is no love you will not exist. Do you you believe on me?

The word "love" can have a variety of related but distinct meanings in different contexts. Often, other languages use multiple words to express some of the different concepts that English relies mainly on "love" to encapsulate; one example is the plurality of Greek words for "love." Cultural differences in conceptualizing love thus make it doubly difficult to establish any universal definition.

Do you believe that war is came from love?
nickfyoung
There are some that claim that God is love and the ultimate love and that one can not truly love till one first loves God. The love of a spouse is different to the love of children or chocolate cake. While they are all loves the Greek word, agape love, is the word used to describe the ultimate complete love and is the word used to describe the love of God. If one has experienced the agape love of God then one is capable of truly loving.
johans
to expound more about love. its all about you like. whatever you like it is love. whatever you want its all about love.

as long as you live here in earth you have love inside you.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Very Happy
medesignz
For a very long time, I didn't believe that love exists... I am not 100% convinced now, but I'm not so against it.
loveandormoney
Nyasro wrote:
love is their where is cure

Do married people make therapy with each other?
medesignz
Marriage is usually the need for therapy Wink
loveandormoney
medesignz wrote:
Marriage is usually the need for therapy Wink

STOP FIGHTING
Try something new
Stay one night with a woman in peace.

You will be happy
I promise this to You.

Regards
medesignz