FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

why no hosting under .com

n0obie4life
why? wouldn't it be better? i like dot coms more than dot nets Smile
Bockman
because it may be necessary to parse things up, and .com will be primarilly for the forum and homepage.

.net will be reserved for hostings i believe. but if necessary, there may be a few more domains Wink

Be Well Cool
darknez3
Wait is this for free .net domains? Or is it just a question which refers to whether .com is better than .net?
Bondings
darknez3 wrote:
Wait is this for free .net domains? Or is it just a question which refers to whether .com is better than .net?

.net is certainly not for free. Otherwise no domain would be left. Very Happy
ignition
He's talking about why our subdomains are created under frihost.net rather than frihost.com

Personally, I could care less - just thank you for the hosting! Razz
n0obie4life
lol...it doesn't matter, just wondering. but it would be great if there is a dot com Wink
Zaheer Khan
well, but y dont you give us name.net for free Rolling Eyes
anyways
i m happy with this Laughing

Regards
foggy
.net actually appeals to me more than .com, but that is a matter of personal opinion.
n0obie4life
Zaheer Khan wrote:
anyways

Regards

lol, yourjoking right?
Bockman
Zaheer Khan wrote:
anyways

Regards

FRIHost doesn't give you a "free" name.net, because someone would have to pay for it.... .net domains are NOT free and FRIHost is already offering you a huge part of what you need to establish yourself on the internet (the hosting part).

If you want a commercial site, you better start thinking of buying (renting is the more correct term) a personalized domain name.
If, in the other hand, your site is a non-comercial site, i see no reason to not user a frihost.net subdomain...

Be Well Cool
meangurl
if you guys don't like the subdomain then just use a url redirection.. it's just a simple problem... or better yet just buy a domain and quit complaining... remember.. we are on a free host
Maka
It's not like domains are exspensive, it's a yearly payment, I got mine for 8, but I payed extra for ID protect, thats not a lot for 1 year!!.