FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


US Bill: Abortions After Rape = 'Evidence Tampering"





handfleisch
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/new-mexico-abortion-bill_n_2541894.html
Quote:

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

The GOP is not getting any saner.
Nick2008
Wow, that might be one of the dumbest proposals to the justice system I have ever heard of. All that's going to do is discourage women from reporting rapes and ultimately protect the rapists and not, as the lawmaker says, "protect women across our state."
deanhills
Nick2008 wrote:
Wow, that might be one of the dumbest proposals to the justice system I have ever heard of. All that's going to do is discourage women from reporting rapes and ultimately protect the rapists and not, as the lawmaker says, "protect women across our state."
Agreed. I can't see how that would protect other women any way. More like help the law makers win their cases. First the woman get raped (Trauma No. 1), then she gets processed through the system (Trauma No. 2), then she has to go through a trial (Trauma No. 3), and now she has to produce the baby as well (life-time Trauma No. 3) .... whether that baby is wanted or not. Wonder whether she then may sue the Government for taking care of the "evidence". I'd say that has to be an insult to a woman's right to choose as well as mental torture.
badai
the fetus is still there after abortion. still can use as evidence. why need a living breathing baby?
coolclay
Good point badai, they could probably preserve all the little baby pieces in a jar, and present it to the court. It would certainly get the point across.

There are definitely some crazies out there on the left and the right. I am so glad you took it upon yourself to point out those only on the right per your usual posts.
handfleisch
coolclay wrote:

There are definitely some crazies out there on the left and the right. I am so glad you took it upon yourself to point out those only on the right per your usual posts.


You make the error of False Equivalency. Feel free to show me a bill put forth by Democrats this crazy.
coolclay
Oh yea sorry I forgot the democrats are perfect Rolling Eyes
handfleisch
coolclay wrote:
Oh yea sorry I forgot the democrats are perfect :roll:


"Straw man" fallacious argument.

What's the matter, can't prove me wrong by finding a bill by the Dems as horrible as this one? Because I could find several more by the GOP just as bad.

Face it, there is no equivalency.
ocalhoun
handfleisch wrote:
I could find several more by the GOP just as bad.


Ooh! Ooh!
I'm calling this one!

I want to see several more from the GOP just as bad!

Sure, I know they try to pass lots of bad bills, but this one takes the cake. I wasn't aware of any as bad or worse than this one.
I'd like to see them, if you'd so oblige.

(And you only get to use 'impeach the democrat president' once, no matter how many times they've tried it, okay? ^.^)
coolclay
handfleisch, it wasn't an argument in any way shape or form it was an, "I don't have the time, nor care enough to research it". Not to mention trying to discuss anything with polarized individuals has proven to be a fruitless effort in futility. But I appreciate the invitation.
JoryRFerrell
Yup. When I have the funds to do so, I am leaving America. Razz
ocalhoun
JoryRFerrell wrote:
Yup. When I have the funds to do so, I am leaving America. Razz

Just curious, where do you think is better, and why?
handfleisch
ocalhoun wrote:
JoryRFerrell wrote:
Yup. When I have the funds to do so, I am leaving America. :P

Just curious, where do you think is better, and why?

Complicated question, but in my experience, the quality of life is better in many western European countries. Problem for us is that when we go there we are outsiders, and learning the language is quite a hurdle too, so we might not always benefit from that quality.

Then there's this: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-satisfied-countries-in-the-world-2011-10?op=1
Most satisfied countries: Denmark, Canada, Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland, Australia, Sweden, Finland, Israel, Austria, Ireland, NZ
Highest quality of life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
Quote:
1 Steady Norway 0.943 Increase 0.002
2 Steady Australia 0.929 Steady
3 Steady Netherlands 0.910 Increase 0.001
4 Steady United States 0.910 Increase 0.002
5 Steady New Zealand 0.908 Steady
6 Steady Canada 0.908 Increase 0.001
7 Steady Ireland 0.908 Increase 0.001
8 Steady Liechtenstein 0.905 Increase 0.001
9 Steady Germany 0.905 Increase 0.002
10 Steady Sweden
coolclay
I think I'll just stay put and continue working on bringing people together making this country a better place. I believe the bulk of our youth are ready and willing to work together and make the positive changes and hard decisions in our country, it's just a matter of pushing the hardheaded polarized old people out of the equation.

No use in abandoning a busted ship while the hull is still good. She just needs a little TLC and cooperation, and we'll get her sailing again!
JoryRFerrell
handfleisch wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/new-mexico-abortion-bill_n_2541894.html
Quote:

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

The GOP is not getting any saner.


Clearly all that needs to be done is to get a DNA sample right after the rape. Period. If they fail to get an immediate post-rape sample of semen/saliva/skin from the attacker, they can simply wait a few weeks, take a sample of DNA from the batch of cells (not "the baby", but the batch of cells which have not yet formed a baby), and THEN abort the fetus (which has no feelings and is more akin to an organ/tumor than a actual complete human.).
JoryRFerrell
JoryRFerrell wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/new-mexico-abortion-bill_n_2541894.html
Quote:

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

The GOP is not getting any saner.


Clearly all that needs to be done is to get a DNA sample right after the rape. Period. If they fail to get an immediate post-rape sample of semen/saliva/skin from the attacker, they can simply wait a few weeks, take a sample of DNA from the batch of cells (not "the baby", but the batch of cells which have not yet formed a baby), and THEN abort the fetus (which has no feelings and is more akin to an organ/tumor than a actual complete human.).



I just realized how old this thread was....lol...I even made a previous post on it.
handfleisch
JoryRFerrell wrote:


I just realized how old this thread was....lol...I even made a previous post on it.
That's okay, I do it all the time
Related topics
Top influential liberals and conservatives in US?
Absolutely ridiculous
NY Times: A perfect example of lieberals spreading...
Not Voting is Reasonable for People Who Want Freedom
Do Nonbelivers Go Too Hell?
A debate of religion, science, and more
Cops Lose $31K After Tossing Broken Desk
Troops charged with murdering Iraqi civilian
Anything is POSSIBLE!
Randomness is an illusion. [philosophy/science]
'RACE' OVER : OBAMA NEW US PRESIDENT, Claims Historic Win
Does the "Nebraska Compromise" violate the US cons
"Dear Canadian Citizen, you owe US taxes."
Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.