FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Riots back to Egypt 30 people killed

zaxacongrejo
Riots back to Egypt 30 people killed
Since the death sentences passed on local people over football riots one year ago riots started again in Port Said in Egypt, at least 30 people are killed and 300 hurt.
It seems violent riots are there to stay and with them tourism goes down, the coin falls down, and for the first year in Egypt they had to import oil, unemployment rises and I guess I can say Egypt is 10 times worst that what it was with Hosni Mubarak, which leads me to ask is Egypt prepared to a democracy?
Or instead is Egypt prepared to an Islamic regime?
Could it be possible that Egypt will continue in this spiral of destruction for the next years?
What about the historic property is it protected or instead stolen stuff from Egypt is now and again common at those specific markets?
deanhills
People like to refer to it as a transition stage where power is being transferred to the people. Probably good that the people are insisting on accountability how the power is being used by those they voted into power. There has been a too long tradition of those in power acting undemocratically, sort of become a habit. Authoritarian rule is being challenged. I'm really sorry for the unneeded violence however, that is unacceptable, but I'm happy for the resistance. Still can't understand how the current Government got voted in however. In a way the people had voted in authoritarian Government and are now fighting it.
twotrophy
Nothing seems to be able to please rioters. Even after free and fair elections, people still continue to riot. It is very unfortunate that they wouldn't stop rioting. Should an international organisation such as the UN intervene or help Egypt? A more peaceful country would wait for the next election to vote out policies that they disagree.