FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photography light tent

Tony The Tiger
I have been told that one can control the lighting if one sets up a light tent. I bought a $12 white popup box on eBay. I have been told that if I use balanced incandescent light sources, I will get desirable results. I have two bending-arm lamps that have different sized heads (that is what I call the part that holds the light bulb socket). I am wondering whether the fact that the heads have two different sizes will affect the light balance inside the tent. I have seen some tents that just use one light on top. I assume I am better off with two lights on the side. Does anyone have experience with semi-DIY photographic light tents?
fuzzkaizer
There's a lot of try and error in the DIY-field... Hopefully your tent is sort of a little bit transparent, so you can also place one of your lamps outside, or use daylight from outside? What fotos are you trying to make?
In many cases one uses one main light, an another one to control the shadows made by the first one, and maybe even more lights, for example for the background-control...
Tony The Tiger
fuzzkaizer wrote:
There's a lot of try and error in the DIY-field... Hopefully your tent is sort of a little bit transparent, so you can also place one of your lamps outside, or use daylight from outside? What fotos are you trying to make?
In many cases one uses one main light, an another one to control the shadows made by the first one, and maybe even more lights, for example for the background-control...
When I was growing up my dad use to use three flashes. I am thinking I would like to buy a 2nd one. It is not in the budget right now. I have tried to do my 40 mm pancake lens and a few mixed nuts. Nothing is of high quality because I don't have the right equipment: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Canon_EF_40mm_STM_lens_%28focus_stacked_version%29.jpg commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:20130126_Mixed_nuts.jpg and http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:20130128_Hazelnut.jpg
moncong
with more lighting for your photo you can make more variation.
usually 1st light use for main light for your object
2nd light can be use for fill in light or background light
3rd light can be use for background light or rim light
more than that you can make more dramatic photo by composing the correct lighting
Very Happy
Tony The Tiger
moncong wrote:
with more lighting for your photo you can make more variation.
usually 1st light use for main light for your object
2nd light can be use for fill in light or background light
3rd light can be use for background light or rim light
more than that you can make more dramatic photo by composing the correct lighting
Very Happy

I will not be purchasing any more flashes in the near term. I still have to learn how to use a single flash and my basic equipment. It sounds like extra flashes are for high level effects.
moncong
practice make perfect Very Happy

keep making new creation..
Tony The Tiger
moncong wrote:
practice make perfect Very Happy

keep making new creation..

Will do!!