FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[SOLVED] PHP is not working

Arjan
Sorry about this, but Im a great php-noob. Just beginning with my first php-scripts.. My host-account is active for a day now, so i tried a little php. But nothing works

I think something is not installed correctly or do I have tot turn on something? Maybe something with that .htaccess thing? I really dont know..
Arjan
..also can't loggin to PhpMyAdmin, is that usual?

I tried a simple print function:

<?php echo '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?>

But nothing is printed, i see only a blank page. Someone a sollution to my problem?
Lady Elensar
I don't have to login to my phpMyAdmin. I use cpanel and when I click on the phpMyAdmin link, it directly put me trough to phpMyAdmin. But maybe it goes some otherwise with directadmin?
Arjan
Indeed, I use DirectAdmin and I now know how to reach phpmyadmin, but thats not the main problem.

I can see that php is enabled on my account. But my php codes are not converted to html codes
Arjan
Problem is solved. For an unknown reason, its working now
Bondings
Arjan wrote:
Problem is solved. For an unknown reason, its working now

Arjan, what could have happened is that you didn't save your file as something.php. You need to tell the server that the file should be executed as a php file.

(if you really want you can also let the server execute a something.html file as php, but that would make it only more complicated)

But as your issue seems to be fixed, I'm going to -close- this now. If you have any more questions about this, please pm me to reopen it.