FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Playstation Protable(PSP)

Dillian
The PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) has a slim 6.7" x 2.9" frame that packs a powerful multimedia punch, enabling you to enjoy your favorite games, music, videos and photos instantly, anywhere. Factor in the PSP system's brilliant high-resolution screen and cutting-edge wireless connectivity and Internet Browser – and you may just have a revolution in your hands.
rip8fan1
Possibly. It is an awesome machine, and here in the Central United States it is running around $250.00. When compared to the Game Boy Advanced which is roughly 1/3 the price, there is no comparison, because the Graphics (and other items) of the PSP are light years ahead of GBA.
SunburnedCactus
Dillian wrote:
The PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) has a slim 6.7" x 2.9" frame that packs a powerful multimedia punch, enabling you to enjoy your favorite games, music, videos and photos instantly, anywhere. Factor in the PSP system's brilliant high-resolution screen and cutting-edge wireless connectivity and Internet Browser – and you may just have a revolution in your hands.

Do you work for Sony??

And what about the Nintendo DS?
Monkeydog
Dillian wrote:

Whats so revolutionary about the same ol' thing that barely has one decent game on it?
olag
It's good but it's so expensive for I buy it
SilverDogg
revolution? what revolution? its just a handheld ps2! and its not really portable.
Dino
hm ... i have psp and i am too impressed with his display and graphic and other
nintendo ds is not too expensive like a psp,his display is a little better than nintendo advance`s display, but his battery can play about 6 days while psp`s battey can play up to 8 hours
thefluffyhamster
psps rule!

they have brilliant graphics and sound quality.

u can watch films on it, use it as a mp3 and even as an unorthodox flash disk!

u can also get final fantasy advent children on it! which is the movie sequel to ff7
Thug
The movie quality on the psp is kinda greater then i expected. I seen some concerts & movies now and the guality is awsome for real Very Happy
The controls are a bit weird, gotta get the hang off it a bit but then its all good
GDG
hey guys check out my site,
psplineage.frih.net

also i might get psp giga pack, ive been waiting for something like this from sony for a year and a half.
FireFoxDB
The DS is cheaper and more revolutionair. I think the DS is also better at games. Games do not always need the best graphics, it's about gameplay. Look an Nintendogs, hardcore gamers would say that it is for 5 year old children, but they actually like it too when they play it. And the PSP is nothing new, but the DS has a touch-screen. And you can buy a DS game + a 512 mp3 player and total eve less than a psp. And u have more fun of those 2 things than a PSP.

EDIT: Now wait until M$ makes a handheld Smile
GDG
alright guys why not have a little vs challenge between teh PSP(PlayStation Portable) and Nintendo DS(Dual Screen):
1. screens:
PSP screen bigger and much more brighter. It's wider so better for movie viewing and playing games.

DS has two screens but both are smaller than PSP even if put together. Not too bright as PSP, one does have touche screen but who cares. PSP is still better.

2. entertainment capabilities:
PSP can play games, it cn play movies, it can play songs or audios, and now you can get homebrews on it as well.

DS can only play games, unless you have an advance player, then and only then can you play movies and audios. DS has very few hacks and homebrews.

so far as yu can see the PSP rocks, i wont even go on dont want nintendo to cry LOL Laughing
izimngcubes15
I have a PSP. It's really cool for music and videos, internet too. But when it comes to games, I'm not so addicted to them, I don't know why. Confused
Monkeydog
GDG wrote:
alright guys why not have a little vs challenge between teh PSP(PlayStation Portable) and Nintendo DS(Dual Screen):
1. screens:
PSP screen bigger and much more brighter. It's wider so better for movie viewing and playing games.

DS has two screens but both are smaller than PSP even if put together. Not too bright as PSP, one does have touche screen but who cares. PSP is still better.

2. entertainment capabilities:
PSP can play games, it cn play movies, it can play songs or audios, and now you can get homebrews on it as well.

DS can only play games, unless you have an advance player, then and only then can you play movies and audios. DS has very few hacks and homebrews.

so far as yu can see the PSP rocks, i wont even go on dont want nintendo to cry LOL Laughing

Except your wrong, when you want a game system you want it to actually play good games. Everything on the PSP is a playstation port or sucks, save Lumines and GTA:LCS. Nothing is special about the PSP, it's the same as the Gamegear, N-Gage, and Neo Geo. All flashy features and no games to back it up. Oh wow it can play movies and music, so can the DS with the Play Yan. The movies cost the same as a DVD and the DVD pwns the UMD discs. The two screens put together are as big as the PSP's one screen and it's about the same brightness.
The touch screen makes the DS so unique, you can play games you couldn't on any other console, brings something new and fresh to the industry.
sigh~ but as the jappanese say American gamers just want the same old thing over and over again and don't care about actual gameplay. That's why half the good stuff are never released over here.
SilverDogg
gdg, please! i saw a serious comparisation some time ago, and the winner was, not suprisingly, the nintendo ds. psp one on one aspect, and i think it was that the screen was bigger (can be wrong here though).

if you want to play the psp, and you like it, good for you. but if you are gonna compare them, please be serious.
Monkeydog
SilverDogg wrote:
gdg, please! i saw a serious comparisation some time ago, and the winner was, not suprisingly, the nintendo ds. psp one on one aspect, and i think it was that the screen was bigger (can be wrong here though).

if you want to play the psp, and you like it, good for you. but if you are gonna compare them, please be serious.

Where is it?
I kinda wanna see it...is it in this forum? <_<
SilverDogg
monkeydog, nope its not here. it was on one of the many pages i visit looking for some sweet news regarding games.

i can look it up. brb

edit: eeew. got a headache when trying to find it. yucky archives >-<. sorry, couldnt find it. if you want to try and look it up for yourself the page (i think) was www.joystiq.com

and i dont know if it was in september or october they wrote about it.
Dino
i think that psp is better than ds and i have psp, but i have all nintendo`s gameboys so i also like ninteno`s portable consoles
lucifertje
the image of the psp is amazing. you can almost see no pixels!
albert
I want to buy PSP too,
but I don't have $$ to buy Crying or Very sad

Do you have some $$ to give me?? Laughing
lucifertje
albert wrote:
I want to buy PSP too,
but I don't have $$ to buy Crying or Very sad

Do you have some $$ to give me?? Laughing

try winning it, in belgium there are a lot of contests coming up where you can win them.
tonebone0011
pros: superb graphics, movie and video player, highly decent mp3 player, webrowsing. jack of all trades, master of none

cons: pitiful game selection, gives you a giant bulge in your pants, pricey, small amount of memory can't let you put too many movies or mp3s.
Monkeydog
tonebone0011 wrote:

gives you a giant bulge in your pants

That's a bad thing?
*shot*
I never have had a PSP in my pocket...but it looks like it'd fit better than a DS =/
dcshoes23
quote="rip8fan1"]Possibly. It is an awesome machine, and here in the Central United States it is running around $250.00. When compared to the Game Boy Advanced which is roughly 1/3 the price, there is no comparison, because the Graphics (and other items) of the PSP are light years ahead of GBA.[/quote]

You shouldn't compare the gba with the ps, they're in two different classes. It's like comparing a viper with a neon. The nintendo competetor is the nintendo ds.

Also i heard if u hold the psp to hard the game pops out, any one else heard or experience that?

Thanks