FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How to bypass windows admin password





shakhawatnadim
Quote:
Click start
go to turn off
and click RESTART
when your computer loads up keep on clicking F8. You will get a screen which asks you to select some options.
Only click Safe Mode or u will mess everything up
Let everything load then an Administrator icon shuld appear
Click that and click ok to any messages
Now go to control panel
Click administrative tools
click computer management
Then click on Local Users & Groups and open the folder called groups
There should be a group called Administrator
Click properties for that group
Then underneath that it should show a list of members
Click add and add the user name of the limited account
Restart your pc and go on your account and you shuld have admin priveleges

Source: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090718043807AAl0tu4
Sabbadon
shakhawatnadim wrote:
Click start
go to turn off
and click RESTART
when your computer loads up keep on clicking F8. You will get a screen which asks you to select some options.
Only click Safe Mode or u will mess everything up
Let everything load then an Administrator icon shuld appear
Click that and click ok to any messages
Now go to control panel
Click administrative tools
click computer management
Then click on Local Users & Groups and open the folder called groups
There should be a group called Administrator
Click properties for that group
Then underneath that it should show a list of members
Click add and add the user name of the limited account
Restart your pc and go on your account and you shuld have admin priveleges


this is not really a bypass as if your computer has a password on user Administrator you won't access in safe mode.

if you have a password on all administrators account, you have to download and burn a cd that allows to clean passwords.. like "Windows password recovery" tool.
cybersa
My Method:
1.Get Booted into Linux live cd from USB or CD.
2.Then mount the Hard Disk(CSmile
3.Go to /Windows/System32
4.Copy the sethc.exe to sethc.exe1.
5.Rename the cmd.exe to sethc.exe
6.Reboot into Windows logon screen and press Shift key five times.
7.Command windows will be appeared.
8.Type the following
Code:
net user <username> MyNewPassword

Now Password will be changed.

Long day ago I got this trick from internet.
lesanciensdulad
Or if you want to sneak into your Girlfriends computer without changing her password and her not even noticing that someone crack her pc you can burn yourself a cd from there and let the password decoding happen:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/ophcracksbs.htm

enjoy!
apinchofspain
The problem with that method is that it doesn't show the password but it changes it. You can log on the computer but the administrator will notice it.

Most tools only reset that password
taytay
lesanciensdulad wrote:
Or if you want to sneak into your Girlfriends computer without changing her password and her not even noticing that someone crack her pc you can burn yourself a cd from there and let the password decoding happen:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/ophcracksbs.htm

enjoy!


Ophcrack is a good way to go. It works for windows xp/vista and 7 (haven't tested 8, not sure if they've updated it yet for Cool, for passwords 14 characters or less, numbers and letters. It may only do lower-case letters.. You can get better crack pools if you pay money or torrent them from somewhere maybe. for most situations the basic free version does just fine.

It freaked me out a little to stumble across this while helping a friend unlock her windows 7 computer. I was looking for a free solution, and when I first looked at this I thought it was a reset tool. What it actually does, is boots into a small linux operating system which will run a decryption program to reveal the passwords of the computer you're on. Only works for login passwords.

If you want to protect yourself from said attacks, set your computer Bios to only boot from the hard disk, and put a password on your bios. Only if you have reason to fear though. If you forget the password to your bios you could be some difficult trouble.. Depends on the computer you have.
apinchofspain
BIOS password can be reseted and discovered by other means. Just google it
SDsBox
cybersa wrote:
My Method:
1.Get Booted into Linux live cd from USB or CD.
2.Then mount the Hard Disk(CSmile
3.Go to /Windows/System32
4.Copy the sethc.exe to sethc.exe1.
5.Rename the cmd.exe to sethc.exe
6.Reboot into Windows logon screen and press Shift key five times.
7.Command windows will be appeared.
8.Type the following
Code:
net user <username> MyNewPassword

Now Password will be changed.

Long day ago I got this trick from internet.


Dosen't work anymore!

Sad
cybersa
SDsBox wrote:
cybersa wrote:
My Method:
1.Get Booted into Linux live cd from USB or CD.
2.Then mount the Hard Disk(CSmile
3.Go to /Windows/System32
4.Copy the sethc.exe to sethc.exe1.
5.Rename the cmd.exe to sethc.exe
6.Reboot into Windows logon screen and press Shift key five times.
7.Command windows will be appeared.
8.Type the following
Code:
net user <username> MyNewPassword

Now Password will be changed.

Long day ago I got this trick from internet.


Dosen't work anymore!

Sad

Can you tell me where you get struck?
kbautospecialists
KonBoot allows you to get into a system without changing the password. Just allows for a straight bypass. I've seen it not work on a few machines, but it works for most.
Related topics
Windows Tips&tricks!
How to bypass your BIOS Password
I NEED ALL YOUR HELP
I Lost my direct admin password
Direct Admin password invalid?
Formatting a particular partition
Mac's first virus
How to change admin password in windows system
Forgot Your Password On XP?
Useful Windows Password Reset CD
How to Reset Windows XP Password?
How to bypass Vista Admininistrator password?
How To Reset Windows 7 Password
How to Recover Windows 2000 admin password?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.