FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Iranian oil revenues fell by 45%

zaxacongrejo
Iranian oil revenues fell by 45% compared to the same period last year.
It looks like that the sanctions against Iran are starting to bite
For months Iran has denied that oil production was suffering due to international pressure but guess what? They were lying,
Iran's oil minister Rostam Qasemi suggested that oil revenues in the country fell by 45% compared to the same period last year.
Due to sanctions currency has dropped 80 percent from its peak in 2011.
The Iranian people are faced with spiraling inflation and job layoffs.
Some western secret services, also claimed lately, that Iran as plans to develop and use EMP bombs.
In your opinion will this story have a happy end?
Cloud this lead Iran to abandon his goals? in what concerns to nuclear and also war technologies?
mqmpakistani
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Iranian oil revenues fell by 45% compared to the same period last year.
It looks like that the sanctions against Iran are starting to bite
For months Iran has denied that oil production was suffering due to international pressure but guess what? They were lying,
Iran's oil minister Rostam Qasemi suggested that oil revenues in the country fell by 45% compared to the same period last year.
Due to sanctions currency has dropped 80 percent from its peak in 2011.
The Iranian people are faced with spiraling inflation and job layoffs.
Some western secret services, also claimed lately, that Iran as plans to develop and use EMP bombs.
In your opinion will this story have a happy end?
Cloud this lead Iran to abandon his goals? in what concerns to nuclear and also war technologies?

Sanctions are the only way forward and hope that it succeeds.

While the war will bring big big destruction.

The best is to listen to this Munk Debate about Nuclear Issue of Iran. Very insightful indeed.

http://www.cpac.ca/eng/programs/public-record/episodes/munk-debate-iran

Regarding Sanctions:

If Iran succeeds in living under these sanctions, then there is no stopping for them.

Even attack on Nuclear facility is not going to be successful.

Israel would have attacked Iran much much earlier, but Israel has no chance for a successful attack, while Israel has no such bunker buster bombs, which could destroy Iranian nuclear Installations, which are 200 meters under the concrete mountains.

Only and only US has got the ability to stop Iran by destroying their nuclear sites.
coolclay
I highly don't the effectiveness of sanctions such as these. They rarely work, and when they do it's because the people finally have enough, and overthrow those in power not because they decide to stop themselves. I don't really know what the answer is but making the people of a country suffer for the faults of those in charge is never right in my opinion. The government officials that are pursuing nuclear ambitions will continue to do so while the people of the country suffer, look how long North Korea has been doing it. While it may slow them down it will certainly not stop them.

I just hope the people of Iran get fed up and a revolution occurs to overthrow those in charge, before things get too bad. I think every country has the right to develop friendly nuclear technology, but it is necessary to have regulatory bodies to assure that it remains "friendly". However Iran did not allow this and is therefore suffering the consequences.

I don't blame them that much though. If I had Israel breathing down my neck I'd want something to protect myself with too!