FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hey, Norwegians....

wellerchap
....did you ever travel on this road bridge?
According to the photos I received in an email it's called Storseisundet, and looks absolutely awesome...I think 40 or 50% of road users in Britain would be terrified to use it, but having Norway in my sights as a place I'd love to ride my Lambretta (into the Arctic circle / Aurora Borealis & all that) I'd love to take in something like this too, while there.
Don't invite me to stop for coffee yet though, as I may have to wait a year or two to save up the money!

deanhills
WOW! That is an amazing road indeed. Would LOVE to travel it myself. Particularly when the tide is in. Cool
Nick2008
Wow, that's a really crazy road! I think it's also an amazing engineering feat. Curved bridges like that are generally less structurally sound and much more complex to maintain as a result of non-standard parts and equipment. I bet it was very nerve-wracking to lay down pavement on it when it was built!

I would definitely want to drive on it, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
Josso
I'm surprised Top Gear hasn't driven that. What a cool road
wellerchap
I think to build would've been relatively simple....particularly if they'd pulled out the plug to let all the water drain away, first Very Happy
Certainly on the tick-list of things to do, before I'm too old to ride distances on my Lambretta!