FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any one for Édith Piaf?

deanhills
Just wondering whether any one is familiar with Édith Piaf? I discovered a really nice rendition of Ne me quitte pas that happened to be by her.

c'tair
Well, I've heard of her and I admit that her songs are very pleasant and they make for great music to listen to at certain times. But personally I can't seem to find a time/mood for her in my own day - I prefer mostly metal or industrial.

However I must also admit that my GF introduced me to her music and a few songs remind me of resting in the shade with my GF on a pleasant summer afternoon - I guess those are the times when her music is best for me.
Ankhanu
I'd never heard of her before, but she's pretty enjoyable. Makes me think ever so slightly of … I think I'm thinking of Lhasa de Sela.

Loverly.
testsoc
I love her song Je n'en connais pas la fin, also covered by Jeff Buckley. Blissful.
filhodagrandeza
Edith Piaf is my favorite french singer especially her "La vie en rose" popular song and "Non, Je ne Regrette rien" which I believe to be the most touching song she ever sang. If you want to know more about her, there is a movie about her life titled "La vie en rose". and man, what a life!
wellerchap
I see her stuff as excellent late-night stuff, with the volume low...very atmospheric.
standready
I never heard of her before. Beautiful voice, now if I just understood french better.
wellerchap
You don't need to - just get in the mood, and go with the flow...soak in it's atmosphere.
Then play a Justin Bieber track, and ask yourself "which one will still be getting played in another 50 years time?!"
pravojednostavno
I'm after Mirelle Mathieu, who was after Edit Piaf. Laughing
playfungames
I saw a movie based on her called "La Vie e Rose" and that movie was great. The actor that portrayed her did quite a good job.

The movie introduced me to her and her music. I enjoyed a lot of her songs. Too bad, I do not understand French. Her songs are beautiful even when I do not understand the words. Her voice is really pretty. I wonder how great it would be to understand the songs as well. For now, I do listen to her song La Vie En Rose, the English version mostly.
spinout
"No regrets" or something similar in french was tho one I heard.
fuzzkaizer
my french quite bad, but good enough to get an idea of the sadness, passion and beauty in the songs of edith piaf. she is one of the most important exponents of the french chanson tradition, and she came with the dawn of music recording engeneering, thanks to which we still can listen to her songs. In these times the records might have been only a shade of the live performances. if compareable to anyone, somehow i'd rather think of her as a kind of janis joplin of her time.