FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NEw worm out for all you AOL users

CCR
Quote:
America Online may have preferred a sweet treat this Halloween, but what it got instead was a nasty trick as a potentially destructive worm began targeting users of its AIM instant messaging service.

Dubbed W32/Sdbot-ADD by Facetime Security Labs, the worm installs a rootkit-like backdoor on any computer it can sneak into. A rootkit is a hacker Latest News about hacker security Security, strength, a lower TCO: find out about all the advantages of IBM Middleware on Linux. tool that captures passwords and message traffic to and from a computer. Rootkits also mask the fact that the system is compromised, among other malicious activities.

LOL sounds like a damn IRC rootkit to me. Lets hope this one is contained quickly. Cause honestly its amasing how many root kits our out these days
More info on the worm can be found here. http://www.technewsworld.com/story/8ktRd4wGaFiBwt/AOL-Wants-to-Pull-Worm-Out-by-Its-Rootkit.xhtml
ocalhoun
If you use AOL, IE, or windows, you can expect to be victimized by such things regularly.

Security through obscurity: Konqueror on SuSE 9.0!