FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

food in the world

orbisav
Whats the typical food of your country?

In Mexico is the mole, tacos, pozole, and much more. realy delicious
jajarvin
I live in Finland. Probably we eat the same foods as the rest of Europe.

Our country's traditional dishes are for example:
'Karelia roast "(Baked food, with pork and beef),
"Karelian pie" (Pie, which is stuffed with rice),
"Rooster Fish" (Bread, inside which is filled with fish and pork)
Sabbadon
jajarvin wrote:
I live in Finland. Probably we eat the same foods as the rest of Europe.

Our country's traditional dishes are for example:
'Karelia roast "(Baked food, with pork and beef),
"Karelian pie" (Pie, which is stuffed with rice),
"Rooster Fish" (Bread, inside which is filled with fish and pork)

Hi, I think not, north east europe has very a different menu from south west europe Smile
we haven't a top traditional italian dish.. every region has his own too..
Lasagne al forno or any kind of Pasta Razz...
Pizza Razz...

I'm hungry now :/
pravojednostavno
ćevapčići Laughing
amagard
We Germans are famous for Sauerkraut, dumplings ( Knoedel ) and knuckle of pork ( Schweinshaxe ). Nevertheless, this is typical Bavarian food; Bavaria is the German country in the South in front of the Alps. Other countries have different typical food, like Swabian Spaetzle, Frankfurt green sauce or white herring, also called soused herring, ( Matjeshering ) from the Northern countries.
fuzzkaizer
at the moment i live in vienna, austria, and one of the foods connected to this town is the 'wiener schnitzel', of course. it is made of quite big and quite flat and even hammered slices of veal (there are also pork versions, but they are not 'original'), which are coated with a bread crumbs, whipped egg and flour mixture, and then fried until they are golden brown. they serve it usually with salad, preferably potatoe salad...
oliviafoster01
Sea food is most popular here in our city i.e panama city.
kevinwade01
I live USA so have lot of delicious food available here from them mine
San Francisco sourdough bread
Key lime pie
Tater tots
Pot roast
ayasarsaf
In Turkey

Kebab, Baklava, Gyro
Aliciawillems
In world every country ,every state ,every city famous with their Popular food. .for example
Sea food is most popular in a panama city..
jackbreat
Delicious and best food is popular with Different city ,country peoples tongue taste..in Turkey is popular with Kebab, Baklava, Gyro and sea food is popular in panama city..In USA very delicious and yummy Foods are available But these are most popular Key lime pie,Tater tots, Pot roast..
carleyadriana
i like healthy and delicious food....Kabab in turkey and sea food in panama city is most popular in all over the world...
mshafiq
I like chicken kabab, biryani, qurama,Fish kabab that is popular in almost in all countries.
mikeperhem1
Sourdough’s as old as the pyramids and not coincidentally was eaten in ancient Egypt. But the hands-down American favorite, and the sourest variety, comes from San Francisco.
Pippo90
In the Northern part of Italy, Polenta with roast and boiled cabbage. Wink
jackbreat
I like to ear food very much . I am very foody person. Wherever I go to new place I try to taste the cultural and the famous food of that city.
StriderVM
Adobo and Balut in the Philippines

I think it's the most famous/infamous. Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_%28egg%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_adobo
jackbreat
I like to eat new new dishes and food. I also check chinese , indian , non vegetarian food.
Nony85
Well, In Egypt, we have many delicious dishes that we are famous of like:
Kushari (rice, macaroni and lentils mixed together, topped with a tomato-vinegar sauce and crispy fried onions), the most famous Cool
MouloKhiya (MouloKhiya leaves chopped finely and cooked with soup) you should taste it Wink
egyptian stuffed (grapes leaves,cabbage leaves,Zucchini,eggplant,Bell pepper stuffed with rice, herbs and tomato juice)
Ful Medames (buried fava beans served with oil, garlic and lemon juice)
Fatta (layers of rice and fried bread, covered in a garlic and vinegar meat soup)
and much more Smile
ElSouq
I'm from california, and we have a mix of traditional american foods (which are modified european foods lol) like fruit pies, boiled vegetables, roasted chickens/turkeys, beef and potatoes, roast beef, lamb chops, hot dogs, hamburgers;

And mexican food, like vegetables and eggs on fresh corn tortillas, tamales (corn dough stuffed with cheese and meat and steamed), and mixiotes, which is meat wrapped up with spices and sauce and roasted.

I prefer mexican food to be honest; american food is very bland. We also have "texan" food which is a mix of mexican and american food, like burritos, taquitos, quesadillas, ect.
playfungames
The most popular type of food in our country is Dal, Bhat and Tarkari. It contains boiled rice, lentils soup and some curry to go with the food. Tea is consumed a lot as well. Other than that, there are local foods everywhere we go. Local foods like Newari foods that contains a lot of spicy buff meat items are popular.
johans
i love sea food so what ever country is it i do order seafood. I like fresh seafood so i really dont go travel seeking for best food because where ever i go fresh seafood will stay fresh and taste good.
kaysch
amagard wrote:
We Germans are famous for Sauerkraut, dumplings ( Knoedel ) and knuckle of pork ( Schweinshaxe ). Nevertheless, this is typical Bavarian food; Bavaria is the German country in the South in front of the Alps. Other countries have different typical food, like Swabian Spaetzle, Frankfurt green sauce or white herring, also called soused herring, ( Matjeshering ) from the Northern countries.

Right, and you can extend the list a lot with more regional dishes. To name a few:
- Labskaus, a dish made of mashed potatoes, beet root, corned beef and vinegar (North Germany)
- Sauerbraten, marinated beef (West Germany)
- Currywurst (spicy sausage) with chips (popular all over Germany)

But on top of that, there is a lot of food from immigrants. I guess Döner Kebap, a Turkish dish, is the most popular fast food there is. And Italian, Greek or Chinese restaurants are the normal places to go to in the evening.
bioinfo_lcs
orbisav wrote:
Whats the typical food of your country?

In Mexico is the mole, tacos, pozole, and much more. realy delicious

China has the most kinds of food, I think.
In China, the typical food might be rice and noodles, vegetables and meat, which have losts of kinds.
danill
I prefers to visit the Hawaii because once I have visited there and tried the world's class dinning of Azure with the great surrounding of Waikiki beachfront. It usually attracts and may call the visitors to it. Here I taste the sea food innovative Hawaiian regional cuisine etc.. I highly impressed of its cuisine and I must say that if I ever get any chance then I must taste it again.
Insanity
I live in Chicago and our famous food is the Chcago hot dog.
Sivara
I'm American but my mom's Japanese born in Hawaii, and I've lived a few places in the world, so I have lots of favorites! I'm also vegetarian, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying food. Smile

My favorite type of food is Malaysian/Singaporean food. An ingenious mix of Chinese, Indian, and local flavors. A bit too greasy and spicy too eat every day, but it's SO yummy. Char Kway Teow, Roti Canai, Laksa...ahh!

As I'm Japanese, I do like sushi (it's not all raw fish!), noodles, okonomiyaki, rice, seaweed, tofu, and pickled things.

I also love good Thai, Korean, Mexican, and...well, potatoes in any form!
deanhills
@Sivara. Your post reminds me of a favourite Japanese dish that I haven't had in ages - Oyakodon. Provided of course it is prepared Japanese style it is absolutely delicious! Cool

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oyakodon-japanese-chicken-and-egg-rice-bowl/

I'm not much for raw fish, but do appreciate hot food of Japan.

I also like Thai and Indian food. Haven't had any in a long while either.
urielt
in israel the most popular food is "humoos"
Insanity
Not too sure about America, but the food here would probably be something like the hamburger or chili or the hotdog. I don't think we're that inventive, but then again we're really a nation of immigrants so things are pretty well blended into our culture from other cultures.
azzazin
Nasi Goreng ( fried rice)
sate ( kind of skewers) usually serve with peanut sauce
Ayam Goreng ( friend chicken using some tumeric, red onion,onion,etc)
loveandormoney
The people around us
they like sugar and bread.
Special XMas fat and sugar does make happy and relax.
Zoey141
Cornbread, Pinto Beans, Chicken Fried Steak, Brisket, Enchiladas...I'm hungry!
Zoey141
azzazin wrote:
Nasi Goreng ( fried rice)
sate ( kind of skewers) usually serve with peanut sauce
Ayam Goreng ( friend chicken using some tumeric, red onion,onion,etc)

Hey, does Nasi mean noodles?
restonpiston
Here in Spain i would say "Tortilla" (you may know it, fried mashed potatoes and onions in an omelette in a nutshell) and "Paella" (a rice dish that you may know, with either meat or fish)
There are a lots more delicious dishes, i could talk about it all day Very Happy