FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you feel secure with your countries economy?

zaxacongrejo
For the last 5 years the world as changed a lot in what concerns to economy.
The USA economies finally seems to be recovering from the reception in a factor of 20% when George Bush junior left the power, and a stand still status at the Obama first years.
We have Europe going back in a reception with a factor of 2% or more in some countries unemployment rushing 25% in some cases.
Germany is finally feeling the pressure because his economy for the first year will went back in a factor of 1% some say this is the beginning of the change others say it’s the beginning of the end, what should we believe?
And about you?
How do you feel do you feel secure with this economic dilemma?
Do you feel encouraged to start a new protect/ business in 2013?
Are you struggling to maintain your job or your business?
Share your concerns with us .
jajarvin
Here in Finland, the unemployment rate is about 8.5%. Early this year the sales tax increased by one per cent. In the coming year we should be a little tougher taxation. National income did not increase at all last year.

Despite these facts, confidence in the stability of the economy and its growth has not wavered. In the coming years, economic growth is likely to be small throughout Europe.
ibraltan1
zaxacongrejo wrote:
For the last 5 years the world as changed a lot in what concerns to economy.
The USA economies finally seems to be recovering from the reception in a factor of 20% when George Bush junior left the power, and a stand still status at the Obama first years.
We have Europe going back in a reception with a factor of 2% or more in some countries unemployment rushing 25% in some cases.
Germany is finally feeling the pressure because his economy for the first year will went back in a factor of 1% some say this is the beginning of the change others say it’s the beginning of the end, what should we believe?
And about you?
How do you feel do you feel secure with this economic dilemma?
Do you feel encouraged to start a new protect/ business in 2013?
Are you struggling to maintain your job or your business?
Share your concerns with us .

large amount of people is misdirected and misinformed. Economies are managed by central banks that have been slaves of financial markets and international financial capital. There could be some important problems related with real economy in terms of unemloyment and growth. But those subjects are just usedd to hide real situation and real targets. Nobidy cares about the person who are struggling to survive. What is important in the USA is to rescue financial institutions which indeed have gone bancruptcy. Paralel situation is valid for some European Countries which are unable to pay their debts. However neither the governments which have consumed their resources to unfruitful investments such as defense are innocent nor the other countries lending unpayable loans are innocent...
codegeek
The economy of Nepal has never really been very good. However, due to political instability, the economy was halted during the last 15-20 years. We are now trying to make a new constitution and bring about reforms. Talks of a "New Nepal" have been going on for a long time, especially after the People's Revolution.

The drastic positive change that the people had hoped for is yet to come. The political leaders are still bickering over who gets to run the government. The writing of the constitution has been postponed more times than anybody cares to count. Thousands of young people are going overseas everyday for jobs and education. Hopefully, things will improve in the next decade and the dream of a new Nepal will finally be realized.
ibraltan1
As Daniel K. Tarullo said, the financial regulatory architecture is stronger today than it was in the years leading up to the crisis, but considerable work remains to complete implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act and the post-crisis global financial reform program. Over the coming year, the Federal Reserve will be working with other U.S. financial regulatory agencies, and with foreign central banks and regulators, to propose and finalize a number of ongoing initiatives. In this endeavor, Fed's goal is to preserve financial stability at the least cost to credit availability and economic growth. Fed is focused on the monitoring of emerging systemic risks, reducing the probability of failure of systemic financial firms, improving the resolvability of systemic financial firms, and building up buffers throughout the financial system to enable the system to absorb shocks.
As Fed take this work forward, it is important to remember that preventing a financial crisis is not an end in itself. Financial crises are profoundly debilitating to the economic well-being of the nation.
IndieCthulhu
Currently my country (Australia) Is doing pretty well... kinda... the unemployment rate is
Quote:
Unemployment rate steady at 5.4%.
Source

And we have a fairly strong dollar... but i'm not sure how well all of that is going to go when considering the average working wage is between $21-$25 an hour... and the average price of a 2 bedroom apartment in Sydney is ~$400-600 a week. At 38 hours a week at $25 an hour after tax... the weekly income average is around $600-700 a week. So yeah... Aussie dollar is too strong for its own good in my opinion.
ronii
I am not feel secure from economy of my country. I am always scared because the economy of my country in unstable. And unstable economy always effect at business.
ibraltan1
The potential withdrawal of U.S. monetary stimulus could be the result of premature developments in terms of economical vividness. The fact that the price of real estate is rising and declining rates of unemployment may not be enough to decide about ending monetary liquidity. One of the biggest parameter is the level and the speed of inflation. If the inflation rates are not disturbing there is no need to rush to decrease liquidity is such a way that would force an increase in rate of interest. The economic growth of the USA which could be a locomotive for the world economy is not easy to understand and is not easy to comment about. (Think about the last era of Greenspan) Supposing there is no problem for the level of economic activity, what about the situation of financial institutions. Are they strong enough to survive during next potential fluctuation? Or it would be necessary to violate of the principle of free market principle again. That is, could the intervention of government be must for the sake of whole society through bailing out of those insolvent banks?
akastenas
Greetings,

Things are going bad in central and eastern Europe. Currently I live in Norway, there people seem happy. Unemployment rate is below 5% also. When I came here... I could not believe that Norwegians did not suffer from crisis basically.
ibraltan1
In many economies crises arise as a result of wrong decisions and wrong ideas. On the government side it is not a rare case wasting of precious resources on unproductive subjects. The high level of the military expenditures is very important reason for a country to be in poor conditions. Nevertheless, the existence of a state mostly relies on the existence of such a spending. Besides such an explainable item (at a certain degree), there are many illnesses that are not easy to cure on the government budget. Corruption, bribery, incompetent (even malicious) official administrators are significant factors that become causes of governmental budget deficits. There is no perfect solution for these problems. Democracy or improvement on the way of a better democracy (which can be acceptable an endless journey) can be main remedy. If we think about individual side, it can be seen that many of the problems arises from desire of richness through ways in which there is no labor work. Unearned income that has been obtained without any work or study is one the major poison against social peace.
biolu
Currently living in China. Even if the country's economy figures are very impressive, I am not that confident into this whole structure depending on exportation...
kaysch
Well, you mentioned Germany already. Difficult to say where the economy is heading. The problem is that over the past 8 years Germany has not carried out the reforms that would have been necessary. We have not simplified the tax system to reduce tax evasion, a substantial healthcare reform is still pending, and above all the public households show major budget deficits. No politician has an incentive to save money as that would endanger his re-election. The most prominent examples involve large-scale and very prestigious projects such as a new airport in Berlin, an opera house in Hamburg and a new train station in Stuttgart.

I'm struggling with my job, but that has more to do with hommade problems of my company than with the Chinese economy. Let's see how things will evolve.
ibraltan1
World is changing at a greater speed. People, in order to survive, in order to protect their jobs, need more talents, need be better from others. Education that was obtained in school years is no more enough to preserve current conditions under severe competition of ever changing world economy. Everybody must find ways to improve his or her knowledge and abilities in a constant, never ending process. Otherwise crises for a country, or for an industry, or for a specific company, for which you work, inevitably will terminate your existence in that economic framework. In that case, you would have to find a job with low profile, and you would have to accept worse conditions. So the crises of the economy could be the crises of you unless you prepare precautionary education that would enable you overcome elimination. Indeed, this phenomenon is independent of countries, independent of nations. Even the seemingly most confident, the safest, the most reliable economic structure has this risk exposure.
zimmer
NO; the politicians propaganda says we are in the right way but nothings change so ever-since i am born.
ibraltan1
After three years of decelerating growth the world economy is expected to strengthen in 2014 with global growth forecast to reach 3%, the best performance since 2011. Global growth is forecast to pick up to 3% in 2014 as the United States growth accelerates and Europe swings from recession to recovery. The headwinds which have held back activity are expected to abate somewhat and allow demand to lift. However, regional performance is still patchy with the upturn being primarily led by the US and Europe, whilst the emerging economies experience a more modest improvement. The fiscal headwind will remain, but should ease significantly in the United States next year. The emerging markets also perform better, but growth continues to be hampered by inflation and the need for rebalancing. The European recovery sees a pullback in the third quarter as activity slows. Lower inflation is raising fears of a deflationary equilibrium, prompting the European Central Bank to cut interest rates once again. So it can be expected that growth can stay sluggish due to pressure on banks to deleverage, while inflation should trend lower in the near term.
ibraltan1
The United States Federal Reserve officials behave and speak as if they know what to do. In fact they do not know how to manage monetary policy without harming the economy. Trial and error method is applied. Early indicators show that there is some evidence about economic revival. Since the effects of actions of any Central Bank will be visible approximately six month later, they do not want be late to take action to prevent inflationary pressures. They must do something. But high level of monetary liquidity carries asset prices at such a high level that any indication of interest rate increases produces large amount of turmoil in markets. Indeed this reality is not confined to the United States. Almost all the countries are in similar situation. Even the expressions of officials have serious impact on markets. Therefore they could not even dare to declare “a decrease in monthly monetary expansion”. Incredible but real...If it is known about 2008 crises, the today’s conditions can be better understood.
ibraltan1
Next week, they are going to get together and declare their decision. All their art is to soften the impact of any change in monetary policy. Assets whose prices are determined through markets may lose serious amount of value. This, in turn, would reduce the size of many balance sheets of financial companies which have large debts. Fear stems from the fact that in such a circumstances people would realize that the economy is not far from the conditions of 2008. The chain reaction would again start. Many Companies and states might go to bankruptcy. Social turmoil and political problems follow each other. The higher the level you are, the greater the pain you incur in case of a fall. The denial of existence of “asset price inflation” brought all the economies in such a position that even the inflation of commodities and services reach a record level they could not go back to tight monetary policy and never reverse the flow of money.
pravojednostavno
I'm not feel secure from economy of my country - Croatia.
ibraltan1
Since the monetary policy of Federal Reserve affects the global economy directly or indirectly, regardless of the awareness of this reality of the people of countries of globe, we had better understand the words of the chair of it. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen told legislators the central bank must press on with record monetary stimulus to battle insistent job-market weakness. “There are varied signals regarding the economy,” Yellen said as an answer to queries throughout testimony to the Senate Banking Committee. “We need to be cautious to make sure that the economy is on a solid trajectory before we consider raising interest rates.” Despite the fact that her “overall view is more positive,” Yellen said low pays are one indication of “important slack” in employment markets, even after the jobless rate declined to an almost six-year low. In remarkably sensitive language for a central banker, she talked about the “psychological trauma” agonized by the jobless and their families. Yellen said “A high degree of monetary policy accommodation remains appropriate,” in her semi-annual testimony.
kaysch
Over the past year things have deteriorated in Germany. Instead of carrying out the necessary reforms to keep Germany fit for the future our government has done exactly the opposite. They keep on spending because low interest rates give them the feeling they can afford it. And there is no structural reform at all, also because voters are so happy with the current lives that there is absolutely nobody who wants to change things. As a consequence there has been no tax reform, no health care reform, and even the age to go on pension has gone done - despite the society's ageging problems. All nice presents to the voters but completely unhealthy for the economy in the long run. Basically we have been doing exactly the opposite of what we have been telling governments in Southern Europe struggling with the financial crisis. My prediction is that in 5 years from now Germany will again be the sick man of Europe, not being able to lead Europe but lagging behind. So all in all: No, I do not feel secure at all with Germany's economy.
ibraltan1
The U.S. Federal Reserve's policy declaration, unaffected since March statement, will possibly remain that kind until no sooner than September for a great single cause: sluggish wage growth. Since the United States economic development has recovered from a ruthless winter season, many kinds of data from inflation and job growth to retail sales and manufacturing are more powerful. Some companies are even grouchy about an absence of capable labors, and studies are indicating businesses increasing reimbursement or preparing in this way. Despite these facts, Fed administrators are in no haste to debate about increasing interest rates since wage increases keep on obstinately low. This situation stems questions about nearness of the US to full employment level of growth. Fed is going to gather for a policy meeting July 29 – 30. Even though some private economists are cautioning the U.S. central bank risks falling behind on the inflation curve, Janet Yellen, Fed Chair, has indicated she will struggle these pressures until the wage development is in a better situation.
mikeperhem1
I am not feel secure from economy of my country because of unstability of economy.
zimmer
mikeperhem1 wrote:
I am not feel secure from economy of my country because of unstability of economy.

What is your country?

I think Sweden is a stable economy. They are going good in business from cars to other products.
ibraltan1
Some positive signals from labor market can enable Federal Reserve increase rate of interest earlier than expected. The four-week average of claims for unemployment benefits measured a healthier extent of work market leanings as it irons out week-to-week instability, increased 2,000 to 295,750, indicating to solidifying labor market circumstances. A important drop in sackings, which has pressed claims down to their pre -slump levels, has been the main driver of a betterment injob market. On the other hand employing is also gaining grip. A report on Tuesday presented hiring increased in June to its uppermost level since February 2008. The number of job beginnings that month was the maximum since February 2001. The consolidating job market photo has some economists having a bet on an early hike of rate of interest from the U.S. central bank. The Federal Reserve has preserved its yardstick interest rate near zip since December 2008 and has displayed little indication of being in a haste to begin contraction monetary policy. The chair of Fed, Janet Yellen claims that there is still slack in the job market, quoting lukewarm salary growth and a big number of long -term jobless American citizens and those employed part -time.
Pippo90
In Italy the economic situation is not very exciting, but given the current government I feel mildly positive towards the future.
Nyasro
We have to believe in ourselves and economic security will improve automatically Smile
ibraltan1
This week's yearly summit of top central bankers and economists in Jackson Hole, Wyoming may provide some light for decisions of Federal Reserve, the central bank of the USA. In fact, many observers do not expect anything important in the level of the speech of previous chairman of the Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke two years before, which provided rationale for an extraordinary eighty five billion dollars per month incentive plan. On the other hand the central bank decision makers will talk about at long last their philosophy around the employment markets of the most important economies at the August 21 - 23 summit, possibly providing hints about the passage way for financial policy in the months at the forefront. Janet Yellen will talk on Friday in her first outward show at Jackson Hole as Fed chair woman. Her speech will be possibly the most important one. Even though she will not talk about the details of monetary policy, the focus can be dynamics of the economy and of the employment market.