FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Laptop battery question

codegeek
I have an MSI laptop with a 6 cell battery. I usually connect it to the AC line even when the computer is turned off and fully charged. Is this a good practice? Will this have any negative impact on my battery?
Sabbadon
if your notebook is newer than 5 years then his battery doesn't have problems on that, in terms of duration. They have a chip inside that controls the power and prevent overload and so on.. like the latest handyphone's battery.
I would recommend what you're doing, it just because it's like you have an UPS on a PC: if there's an electric problem when you're working, the battery saves you from losing your data Smile
You may completely empty the charge once a month just if you'd like to
sysna
most modern laptops use adapter power when you connect them to charger, it means they will no longer use your battery to save its life, so when you are at home and connected to ac adapter it no longer uses battery and reduces the cycle of charge and decharge of your battery, by the way best time to charge your battery is when your laptop is shut down because it is cooler ! and battery doesn't get too hot while charging.
badai
i read it's the best practice to keep the battery always charging. i've been doing exactly that for years. for my phone the original battery has no problem, but the compatible battery won't last, but not necessarily because of this practice. maybe the battery itself is of low quality.
GuidanceReader
I wondered the same thing. This is good to know.
riteshk1
how old your laptop ? if your laptop is in guarantee period then contact to customer care....
badai
riteshk1 wrote:
how old your laptop ? if your laptop is in guarantee period then contact to customer care....

maybe you should ask: "how long ago somebody last post in this thread? will a i look desperate if i add my 2 cents here? would somebody report me for digging up old topic?"